Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good afternoon all

Thought I would pop in before I curl up on the sofa and have a :zz: ...
We were up n about early this morning having a 3hr walk around the golf course and then we stopped off at the naafi so i could pick up some more yankee candles (the fragrances on offer swap every month -so I need to swoop) -so I have another 4 to add to the store for bringing home .. anyhoo -whilst I was there I picked up some bits n bobs -some of which are for the freezer :eek: -Now then ... in my defence -you can't get plain haddock out here for love nor money - and its one of our faves.. well b*gger my ole boots if they didn't have it in the freezer in the naafi today :party0011:so I swiped 3 bags :giggle: -well they probably won't have it in again :rolleyes:..oh and some more lamb steaks, 2 chickemn breasts and 2 beef steaks that were whoopsed :eek:

Anyway -my day is going to be a red one and it looks like this,,,,,,
  • 125ml semi (1/2A)
  • banana
  • 2 plums
  • 2 egg omelette with :-
  • onions
  • spring onions
  • 42g cathederal city lighter (A)
  • 2 plums
  • activia intensely (2.5)
  • steamed haddock :bliss:
  • home made parsley sauce (1/2A + 2)
  • nobbies
  • savoy cabbage
  • carrots
  • fresh pineapple
  • fibre plus (B)
so that will use 2A+1B and 4.5 syns... now I might add some steamed potatoes to dinner to use up my other B -If not then I will figure something out ;)
Well its weigh day tomorrow -doesn't it come around quickly :D..and I have a feeling that * week may be iminent ... so we will see how we go.... there is no great rush after all ...
Anyway -I will finish there and go and get some zzzzzs
I will no doubt be back later :sign0151:
Have a great afternoon all and keep up teh great work :D

Goooooooood morning world -even if it is drizzly and overcast out here :rolleyes: I have woken up in a great mood -so the weather can do what it likes :p

So then...Im reporting in with another 2lb loss this week :bunnydance: -so Im 1lb off my 6st shiney *it WILL be mine next week* :sign0151:....

I have finally got sorted and so this weeks main meals are going to be (in no particular order):-
  1. creamy linguine with prawns = 5syns
  2. sticky ginger pork = 2.5syns
  3. slow roast beef with red wine = free
  4. chicken chow mein = 1syn
  5. braised lamb shank = 3syns
  6. cheese n potato pie = heA
  7. cheesy vegetable pasta =heA
The first 5 are new recipes so i will test run them and then post if they are goodies ;)
oooohh and Im trying new soups for 2 of our lunches :-
  1. chicken noodle soup -free
  2. winter minestrone -free
Anyhoo -today is a red day and its looking like this:-
  • 28g porridge oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • fresh pineapple
  • 2 plums
  • activia intensely (2.5)
  • braised lamb shank (3)
  • 1/2x8" home made yorkshire pudding (2.5)
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • cabbage
  • 3 ryvita seedy (B)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • beetroot
  • celery
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • 110g rachels organic rhubarb yoghurt (2)
  • apple
  • satsuma
That uses my 2A+Bs and 10 syns... that is my aim for this week -to use my A+Bs and around 10 syns -I have been a little slack using my heBs sometime this last couple of weeks ..sometimes I just don't need them :eek: -so Im going to make sure they get pencilled in this week!
Well hubby has gone for a round of golf so Im going to catch up on here and then start transfering all my scribbled lists onto the PC *it could take some time* :p
Anyway-have a great day everyone and keep up the great work :D

Last edited:
Well done on your loss:).That new shiny will be yours next week for sure.Great work with the recipes.Enjoy your day.x

Morning Capricorn! Congrats on yet another 2lbs gone!!! Nearly 6 stone now - that's amazing!!!! I think it's about time we saw another photo of you ................

Well, I've had a terrible week, as far as SW goes. I have to spend a day and a half studying each week and I'm doing it at home. The studying is very intense and I really don't have time to prepare food like I did before I started this course. Then I have a day in London. I take something on the train for brekkie and so far haven't taken anything even remotely SW friendly! Then by the time I get to my tutorial I'm getting hungry again!!!! This week we had a coffee break at about 11 and as I'd been up since 5.15 I was ready for my lunch, but didn't have time to get any so just had what was on offer in the canteen - a flapjack!!!!! Then at 1.30 (by which time I was ready to gnaw my arm off!) I went to Pret again. I got home at 6.45 and was too tired to cook so it was non-SW friendly stuff again!!!

On Tuesday I went round my friend Colin's house. He'd made cakes - need I say more????

On Friday night my friend Sue came round. We had a gorgeous curry from the takeaway and a bottle of wine each. Last night I went to a dance where there was a ginormous buffet and although I didn't drink any alcohol, I did drink their "blood bath" non-alcoholic cocktail which again, wasn't SW friendly.

Today it's my lovely Mum's birthday. We're having a Sunday roast for dinner so no probs with that, but I'm gonna make a cake or something to put candles in, so that's not so good!!! Then next weekend we're going out for a meal for her birthday - we didn't do it this weekend cos of the social dance.

Anyway, the outcome of this week's food fiesta is a pound and a half gain :-( I know it's not much in the scheme of things but the only time I've had a gain is when I went on holiday and I'm not making any progress towards the 10 stone 7 lbs that I had hoped for by my birthday. Plus if I carry on like that I'll end up putting all the weight back on again and I do NOT want to do that!!!!

Sorry to hijack your diary and whinge, but I had to do it somewhere!!!! Any suggestions to help me through Thursdays in particular will be gratefully received!

I know that I should get organised but what with the studying, the day in London, keeping the house looking good in case I get any viewers, going to Zumba and dancing, seeing my friends and generally trying to have a life, I'm finding it really difficult at the moment. Still, I guess it's early days and I'll get there, I hope!!!

Lots of love, Trace xxxx

Last edited:
Congratulations lovely :D You are so consistent with your losses which is fabulous. I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 4lbs :eek: I need to follow your lead and stop letting things sway me off course :rolleyes:

That 6 stone shiney will definitely be gleaming along side your others next week.

Hope you enjoy your new recipes this week.

Good morning ladies..

Thought I would pop back in whilst I have 5 mins.. I have got hubbies baguette dough proving (god knows if Im going to be able to wedge any cobs in the freezer later ..I doubt it) and I have the braised lamb shanks under way in the remoska ...what is it about balsamic vinegar???? I adore the stuff and Im sat here all :drool: I WILL be stockpiling that stuff before I move back to the uk .. one of the bottles I have at the moment was 59c for 500ml :eek: -sooo much cheaper than I remember in the uk.... perhaps that is why Im trying to run my cupboards down -so when it comes to move back I have more room for that kind of stuff :whistle::giggle:

Thanks Surreygal...
I just thought If I stuck all the recipes together it would save folks wading through my ramblings :p -hope you are having a good weekend..

JJ...
I have things a lot easier than most.. I don't work, its just me n hubby -Plus hubby is an easy chap to feed -so I can focus on SW right now ;).. Thats why Im making the most of having a calm and quiet life right now. OOH and Im not particularly a social animal (ok truth be told Im an antisocial sod :rotflmao:)-so no temptation there either :p-again -its why Im hoping to be at target before we move back to the UK -because then it WILL be harder :rolleyes:
You are doing great :happy096:- you whipped off 3lb this week and you have had allsorts trying to get in your way for the last couple of weeks -what with antibiotics etc -so don't put yourself down :nono:

Woohoo Trace :wavey:
I would be taking another photo but *someone* -HUBBY decided it would be a good idea to "clean up the PC" and proceeded to remove things that -and I quote-"we don't use" .... which included my camera programme :doh: -and can I find the disc to re-load it? can I heckers like :rant2:... I have an awfull feeling its still in one of the boxes that hasn't been unpacked since we moved here -and there is no way Im venturing in those yet :eek:...

Cor blimey Mrs you have had a week and a half haven't you :eek: again -I reckon a 1.5lb gain is pretty good going with how busy you are right now...
The day in London every week sounds like a killer... hmm lets think... I know its not ideal but have you considered checking out the syn values on a few ready meals to keep in the fridge for when you get home? so you can just throw them in the oven/micro whilst you have a bath etc. Or do you have a slowcooker? you could leave that ticking over whilst you are out and to save time you can get ready diced meat and buy those ready chopped stew packs etc-so its just a throw it in and leave it to it. Or if you did something in the slowcooker when you have more time of a weekend then you could take it in a flask on your London day. Hubby even takes chilli in his... I let it down to make it runnier and then stir in cooked rice (cooked the day before and kept in the fridge) and heat it through and it means he still has chilli n rice ;) -I did the same with that one-pot beef and red wine pasta dish too :p -in fact there isn't much I can't cram in a wide necked flask :giggle:

Im just thinking that as it gets colder you are going to need something nice n warm to keep you going -
ooohh what about porridge first thing? (although at the hour you must get up I don't think my mouth would be awake:p) to save time you can always cook a double batch and then just nuke it for a couple of brekkies -chuck in a banana and some berries and that should keep you warm and keep you ticking over...
ooohh what about making tortillas - you can eat that hot or wrap up wedges of it to take with you and just think of all the free stuff you can cram in it ;) ... I used to make them and I have done them with leftover potatoes or pasta in to give them some oomph .... A wedge of that with some baked beans will make a quick tasty dinner when you get in..
eck -Im off on a waffle aren't I :rotflmao: -I do get carried away when Im thinking about food :p
I will have a looksy through the recipes I have been making and see if I think any might help -a lot of them are either quick to do or whack it in and leave it to it things ;)
Anyway -I hope you have a good meal with your mum...
talk soon
Take care all ...no doubt I will be back later -if not, it is because hubby has come home to find me face down in the remoska :D

Well done on another 2lb! You're doing incredibly well, I hope you're proud of yourself.:)
Hi Laura...
Thanks Mrs.... nearly missed you there -I must have been typing that epic sized post when you posted :p
Hope you are having a good weekend... did my PM get to you?

A PM? No, did I miss out on any juicy gossip? :giggle:
No, No gossip :giggle:-i was just letting you know that package should be on its way soon ;)

Good morning everyone
We have another misty overcast day here .... glad Im staying indoors:D
Well the braised lamb shanks went down well... and there is some of the sauce left -basically sliced red onions cooked in red wine and balsamic :drool:-so I am going to cook some pasta for lunch and have that on it (well -waste not want not ehh and it is rather tasty :p). I will post the recipe later in case anyone wants it..

so then -my green day is looking like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • 50g dry weight pasta
  • onion/wine/balsamic sauce (3)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • sf jelly n berries (1)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
  • cheesy leek n potato pie (A)
  • baked beans
  • sf jelly n berries (1)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
So that will be my 2A+Bs and 7.5 syns -so I need to use up some more syns .. I might "buy" some more semi if I need it for my cuppas later :p
I need to get some more typing up done today... its the turn of the store/cupboards list :eek: -still it keeps my head out of the fridge :p I made a start on my sf jellies -I made up 4 last night and stuck berries in them so I can top them with the vanilla activia intensely and make it "triffle"-ish -Plus it will make my berries last longer ;)..... I WILL get these cupboards run down :eek: ..
oohh I need to nip shopping tomorrow :grumble: I will need friut, yoghurts and just a couple of other bits..... then that should keep us ticking over for the week.... famous last words ehh :rolleyes:
Anyway -enough waffle..have a great day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Mmm your braised lamb shanks sound nice - I did a lamb leg in my slow cooker yesterday in a red wine gravy. Was scrummmmy and the meat just fell apart yum! Gravy was probably really similar to yours - used balsamic, redcurrant jelly and mint sauce to flavour. Plus red onion, garlic and rosemary cooked with it to flavour...

Capricorn - for some reason I've had lamb shank on the brain recently...must have seen it on a menu somewhere. Am I right in thinking the actual shank itself is free on Red and then it's up to you to make the gravy as syn-free or -ful as you want? What with these darker nights since the old clocks went back, I am in full on winter stew and soup mode!!

Good evening all

Sarah -you are right...my lamb shank was very similar to yours :D twas yummy -as was the leftover sauce I had with pasta for lunch today -so much so that Im thinking of making the sauce on its own as a base for pasta in future :p

Loumoo- yep -as long as you have removed the fat before you cook it lamb shanks are free on red/EE - even better if you can make it the day before and let it go cold as and fat will set on top so you can whip it off...
It is full on winter menues here at the moment -it is soooo blinkin cold :winter_brr:and winter isn't here yet :eek:.....

Well hubby has been in had dinner and had to go back to camp for some function or other so Im not expecting him back much before midnight.... so I think Im going to have a long hot soak and an early-ish night -even though I won't sleep properly until hubby is home.. I never do :eek: But before I do I will start putting my recipe list on a database on teh PC -wish me luck :p

BRAISED LAMB SHANK RECIPE

Now then I did mine in the remoska but I will give the oven version and then add the remoska version for JJ and anyone else who has one ;)
BRAISED LAMB SHANK RECIPE
SERVES 4
3 syns per serving on Red/EE

1. 4 lamb shanks -I used 2 as there is no way we can eat a whole one each :p
  2. 2 red onions -thinly sliced
  3. 2 cloves garlic -crushed/grated
  4. 100ml balsamic vinegar (now I liked the full amount but it might be a bit much for some -so you can always start off with less and add more if you like it ..)
  5. 300ml red wine (11)
  6. 2tbs tomato puree (1)
  7. sprig rosemary -I used 1 tsp of dried
  8. 150ml hot water
  9. 2 oxo cubes -I used lamb
  10. seasoning
  • pre-heat oven to 150c/130fan/gas2
  • heat a large casserole on the stove and drop in the lamb shanks to colour.
  • remove the shanks onto a plate
  • drop the onions into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes
  • add in the tomato puree, garlic, stock cubes and rosemary and sit over the heat for a couple of minutes
  • add the balsamic and wine and bring to the boil, add in the water
  • drop the lamb shanks, cover and cook for approx 2.5hrs until the meat is tender
  • remove the lamb from the pan and keep covered and warm
  • place the casserole on the stove and boil the sauce down to the consistancy you like and season to taste
  • serve...
Now I stripped the meat off the bones and dropped it back into the sauce -made it much less messy to eat :p

Ok -so a quick remoska version....
  • drop the shanks in the remoska and switch on -cook for about 30mins until coloured
  • take them out and add in the onions and cook down for about 10 mins
  • stir in the puree, garlic, stock cube and rosemary -cover with foil and cook for about 20mins
  • pour in the wine and balsamic (no need for the 150ml water)
  • add the shanks back in -cover with foil and cook until tender
I found that eventually the sauce went all thick n sticky :drool:
Right -I hope that is of use to someone... give me a yell if you need any help... oohh and be warned it is rather rich ;)

Good morning all

Sukibix -hope you like it ;)

Another overcaast drizzly day here -would be nice to be able to say something else :sigh:
Anyhoo - Im up n about and on my 2nd cuppa -I have tonights dinner marinading in the fridge so I thought I would post on here before I ring mum for a natter ;)
So then -today is a red day... and looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • Thai tuna steak (1.5)
  • steamed savoy cabbage
  • sf jelly and berries (1)
  • 1/2 pot activia (1.25)
  • apple
  • sticky ginger pork (3)
  • stir fried:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • sugar snaps
  • beansprouts *if I can get any tonight*
  • sf jelly with berries (1)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
Now that takes me to 9syns but only 1A used :confused: -so I will try and figure out using my 2 Bs - I guess I could shove some frozen peas in my stir-fry to use 1 up :D
I just didn't fancy brekkie - * week has kicked in and I have to be careful as for some reason it always makes me feel like I have just finished eating :hmm:I guess it is better than it making me crave junk :p
Anyway -I had better get off for now -no doubt I will be back later..
Have a lovely day all.....

Yum your pork sounds delish - what's the marinade?
And I love the idea of your lamb gravy/sauce with pasta - I bet it is sooo tasty!

I was just thinking Capricorn, you with all your SW adapted recipes and all the work you put into it. Would you consider making it into an online recipe book that we could buy from you? Since you have adapted all your recipes and tweeked them etc to make them into Sw friendly, they can be called your own, I am sure.

I definitely would be interested to buy your "book" and you can transfer it by email. Just an idea that came into my head :)

Back