Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good morning all -tis still really chilly, -6 again :bundledup:

Anyhow, today Im giving EE a whirl again -but success express stylie :p

I figure that was pretty much how I ate the other week anyway -so I thought I would have a play ;) -now if I have this right -the basics are:-
  • its like EE but with 2A+Bs :happy036:
  • you "up" the superfree to 2/3 -which I eat anyway
  • then any syns used have to be counted by the highest value
  • any snicky snacky snooes other than syns have to be super free
SO I pretty much eat that way anyhoo -so even if it doesn't make much difference -hey ho :p

So then -todays meal plan looks like this:-
  • 1/2 grapefruit -ss
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats** (B)
  • banana
  • berries -ss
  • roast chicken
  • lettuce -sf
  • cucumber -sf
  • tomatoes -sf
  • red/yellow/orange pepper -sf
  • onion -sf
  • tickled beetroot -sf
  • tickled cabbage -sf
  • mixed berries -ss
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit -ss
  • lamb hotpot :-
  • lamb steak
  • onions -sf
  • carrot -sf
  • potato, with:-
  • steamed carrots -sf
  • cabbage -sf
  • mixed berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
Now that looks an awful lot again -but I guess most of it is veggies/fruit... so I make that 2A+Bs and 5 syns

We will be nipping out to do a fruit n veg top up when hubby gets home from work -so I can leave the hotpot on to finish cooking whilst we are gone nomnomnom
I have had my 1/2 grapefruit so now its time for my porridge nomnomnom... have a great day everyone and keep at it!!!!!

Good luck doing Success Express - I found it really gave me a huge boost when I did it before. Would do it again, if my appetite decides to return!
It was -6 here this morning too brrr... can't wait for it to start getting warmer

Ouch achilles sounds painful.The fresh cut roses is one of my favourites,im burning cottage breeze at the moment,ive got the fresh cut roses car freshner, that is lovely.The charms look great.x

Sounds like an interesting week planned on the SSE plan Capricorn. I'm sure the results will be good x

Good morning world :D -still bloomin frosty here :gen125:....

Sarah -Im not sure it success express will give me a big loss as I have realised I pretty much eat 2/3 sf anyway -but we will see how we go ;)... hope your appetite returns soon :cross:
Surreygal -my leg is getting better thankyou :D, just a bit tender and niggly at the moment -it needs to get better soon as I want to get back to the exercising *oh my god -did I just say that?* :silly:
I hadn't had fresh cut roses before, one of my faves is lemon lavender mmmmm -I now have 80 various jars stashed in the basement :giggle:..ok -so I might have a yankee candle fetish :eek:
Nikki - how is your week going? any news on the job front yet?
ooh and on the red lunches front...what about:-
  • meatballs -I love them and burgers cold (a bit like frikadellas mmmm) -but it means you can warm them up if you can, but if you are in a hurry then you can still eat them cold ;)
  • buffalo chicken -again -nice cold too
  • chilli/curry -you could have a bowl warmed up with some salad/veggies
  • fritatta
hubby takes allsorts now he has a remoska at work -so often its just an extra portion of what we had for dinner the night before :D

well I have decided to go back to normal EE -as yesterday I figured that I was going to end eating more in a way.... as I always have 2/3sf, I use most of my syns on milk yoghurts which have the same syn value on all plans -so in theory I just gain an extra A+B ... so I will do my EE and see what happens this week.....
so then todays meal plan is:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • prawns
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • red/yellow/orange peppers
  • onion
  • tickled cabbage
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled gherkin
  • mixed berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • *salad as above*
  • apple
  • lychees
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
So thats 1A+B and 11 syns covered...
I have some bread dough proving at the moment so hubby will take some of that with the chicken n sweetcorn soup I made yesterday for tomorrows lunch....
right I had better get off and get my brekkie and get hubbies crumpets on (should be back from PT soon)... can't have him going back into the cold with an empty tummy can we :p
Have a great day everyone and keep at it!!

Morning Capricorn.

Im good thanks. Did a red day yest, made some butternut squash soup, that was nice for lunch, felt less bloated this morning, so its red again. Got spicey meatballs in tom sauce I made last night with some yummy grated cheese on top ;). Made some mini quiches on Sunday, so been picking on them when Im hungry. Thanks for the idea's :) the buffalo chicken, how do you make that? On the job front, still not heard nothing, none of us have apart from the Youth workers and managers. Its been over a week now, so hoping its today, so I can move foward at least!!

I enjoy EE and its gives you the best of both worlds. I just have to cut back on the carbs as noticed that yesterday when I measured my potatoe out, it was weeny compared to what I was having on EE. Me and carbs don't go well together so it seems. So will bear that in mind next week, when I alternate red and EE.

Have a good one honey x

Where are you Capricorn??? I've been away for a couple of days and it seems you have too!!!

Hope everything is OK???

Lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxx

Morning all

Hiya Trace... how did the exam go? I couldn't type yesterday as I had my podgy pinkies crossed :cross: for you all day :rotflmao:...hope it went well -how long do you have to wait for the results?

Sorry I was missing in action yesterday :whoopass:.... I just got distracted ...doesn't take much sometimes :p
Nothing much exciting to report on yesterdays food I seem to be having a few "don't really fancy anything" days :confused: -

so it was:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • apple
  • salmon fillet
  • tickled cabbage
  • mixed berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • grapefruit
  • goan pork curry (0.5)
  • spoon rice/peas
  • fibre plus (B)
So it wasn't a "bad" day really -just an odd one -and today isn't looking much different... Im really not interested in food :eek: -anyhoo this is what I will make myself eat:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • grapefruit
  • frozen raspberries, cherries, blueberries
  • activia (2.5)
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • tickled cabbage
  • tickled beetroot
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
hmmmm not really exciting looking but it will do as its all I fancy.. Im sure I will figure out what is wrong soon... who knows -perhaps I developing a "normal" attitude to food :eek: -I somehow doubt it :p

Well I was busy making more "dangles" yesterday... and hubby put me in touch with someone who works for the 6thsense -the forces newspaper (the wife of one of his mates) and she has told me she will give their reporter a brief run down about the Nepal Trek and she may well come and talk to me so I can get some publicity in the paper :fear:.... the 1st woman has seen some of the dangles I have made and is thinking I can get some pictures put in the paper and let them know where Im going to stand to try and sell them to see if I can get more support - I love the idea but Im also :eek: at the thought of having my photo taken....
I have started putting some photos of a few of the bits n bobs Im making into my albumns and have contacted one of the moderators to see if It would be allowed for people to "buy them" if interested -basically by donating the money straight to my *just giving* page -so that no money exchanges hands...just waiting to hear back :cross:.... I will upload more pics anyway as it will mean people can see what Im doing -if they are interested :D -if anyone does have a look -please feel free to come up with ideas on how to improve them etc :D
Anyway I will get off for now and make a cuppa before I get on with making more stuff.. have a lovely day all and keep at it!!!

Hi Mrs

just popping my head out of the blankie to say hello and see how you're doing over here :) Ive been verrrry bad (well Ive been very good but my lurgy bug & steroids have been eating all sorts of off plan rubbish :sigh::break_diet:
Mr Dizzy is going to get home from work early enough to run me to class to WI and come straight home tonight though as I dont want to miss another week....Im heading for the slippery slope if I dont get a grip NOW!! Im facing a gain, that I KNOW (bruges & now the steroids and sillyness) but the shock factor of seeing it in the book will sort me out Im hoping;)

Fab news about the publicity for your Nepal trek :) (can I have your autograph? .....I always said you were our superstar didnt I :D:D) x x

Good morning all from a verrrry rainy place -tis seriously manky out there, still I only have to sit here looking out at it :p

Woohoo Dizzy -hope you are back on form soon -until then stay tucked up under your blanky - bet its nice n warm under there with all those "gasses" :giggle:

Well I think I have another *meh -not sure what I want* mood on :confused:... but I have at least decided on what I really really want for dinner :bliss:-so then todays meal plan should go like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • grapefruit
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • salmon fillet
  • tickled cabbage
  • tickled beetroot
  • tomato
  • frozen raspberries, blueberries, cherries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • hm burgers -nomonom -bloomin nom :D
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled cabbage
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • apple
  • orange
  • activia (2.5)
So that has dealt with my 1A+B and 11 syns :party0011:
I may be nipping out this evening when hubby gets home from work -just for a fruit, activia and milk top up ... Im down to 6 activias :eek: and thats just not the done thing :p
Right I had better get off again -have a lovely day all and keep at it !!!!!!

Hi all

Dizzy - hope you feel better soon and you didnt get too much of a shock at weigh in.

Capricorn - get some more activas bought girl - less than six is a serious no no :8855:

I am having major wobbles getting back into things - i lost a kilo last week but this week has just gone to pot. I have been on strong antibiotics for an ear infection so havent been feeling great but I just cant seem to get back on the wagon. I have basically been on plan but with slip ups - Im going to call cookies and a jam donut a slip up :eek: so it is no wonder that I have STS this week - I know I should be happy that it was a STS and not an increase but I am still 2lbs heavier than when I took my break in November and that just wont do.

I go on holiday to Madeira in 2 weeks and I really really wanted to be down to a deffinite size 24 for then...... that is not going to happen now, even if I am a complete angel :angeldevil: However, I suppose I have to focus on the positive side that last year I was a size 30 and now I deffinitely am not :clap:

Anyway, I need to knuckle down and crack on and only I can do that. Grrrrrrrrr

Hi Capricorn!!! Glad to hear all's well and you were keeping your fingers crossed for me!!! The exam went better than the mock but I still don't know if I've done enough to pass - I've got a feeling I haven't, in which case it'll mean a re-take next month!

Well, after posting on here yesterday my day went downhill rapidly! I spent a large part of sitting on the loo or with my head down the loo! At one point I didn't know whether to sit down, lie down or what! I was really dizzy as well :-( It eased off yesterday evening, thank goodness, and it appears to have gone now. Just got a painful stomach from the throwing up!!

Hope you have a good day! Lots of love, Trace xxx

Hello Capricorn et al :sign0144:, but I've read all the way through your thread - it's completely inspiring and I've snaffled a whole load of your recipies to try (your Thai salmon is LUSH)!

I've been on SW for 3 1/2 weeks, doing EE mostly (I had a green day yesterday, when I realised that (a)I'd been completely veggie all day and (b)that I really just wanted pasta for tea last night so why not - then I could have an extra A&B!), although I might try some red days because people seem to do very well on them :).

I've lost 2, 2.5 and 2 and I'm champing at the bit to get that 0.5 this week (so close last week - my consultant wanted me to start stripping, but I figure I want to get the shineys for actual weight loss, not nudity! :D.

Anyway, I'm 35, from (currently utterly miserable) Glasgow, a total internet junky and a fruit freak (I figured I'd be in good company here... ;)) and I just wanted to stop lurking and say thank you!

tracejovi - that sounds really horrible :(, I hope it passes!

Hannah - 30 down to 24's awesome; and opens up some more shops to you, as well (even more at a 22, which is awesome.).

Right - I should probably do some work!

Claire
x

Good afternoon lovely people :D

Its still soooooo windy n manky here *thrrrrp* so no walk for me this morning :mad:..on the upsy though we nipped to the naffi -where hubby won €500 on the slot machine :happy036: -so Im now €150 better off -bless his ickle socks.... and he has €150 and the other will cover fuel for the car this month and his mess bill :clap:
I have put my 75 x €2 coins in a jar until something catches my eye .....
Anyhoo -I got some whoopsies in the naffi -so I have just made a remoska of chilli for hubby (should do 4 servings) , there is 1200g of beef diced up and in the slow cooker with onions n carrots for lunch tomorrow and some for later in the week ..... then I need to prepare the 2kg of nobbies and the cauli and get it into the stay fresh bags -ooh and I have somehow *not quite sure how* managed to wedge 4 packs of roast sliced pork in the freezer :p....

Hannah -panic over -I picked up 6 packs of activias yesterday :gimi:.... I also got carried away as they had nets of 12 ruby grapefruits for 99c -so I grabbed 2 :giggle:
Well done on your loss last week :clap:, and *oww* to the ear infection :eek:, hope you are better soon -especially in time for your jollies and you are right -keep focussed on how far you have come not how far you have to go ;) you have done really well :happy096:

Trace -pinkies crossed you have done enough in your exam not to have to go through it all again :cross:...
oooh eck -do you have any idea what made you poorly? Sound bloomin awful... hope you are better today... take it easy and veg out on the sofa :D
Hiya Claire -glad you have come out of "lurkdom" :party0011:
Glad you like the thai salmon -its one of my faves ...in fact Im planning on having it for dinner tonight mmmm -hubby isn't a fan of salmon, so he will be havng his chilli -which Im not bothered about -so we are both happy :D
Well done on your losses so far :happy036:you are doing brilliantly so that pesky 1/2lb should soon be gone :banana dancer:. Ohhh there is always room for a fruit freak on here :D, I can't think of a fruit I don't like :p.
Hope you are having a good week, and hope you pop in and visit often :D

Well folks my meal plan is a bit wonky again today as we went out which meant no brekkie etc .... so here is what it should look like...
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 3 slices thin cut roast beef -in car on way home
  • apple
  • 2 slices boiled ham
  • activia (2.5)
  • grapefruit
  • thai salmon (1)
  • tickled veggies
  • frozen raspberries
  • activia (2.5)
  • fibre plu bar (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
Hmmmm not great -but not naughty either.. and at least I have covered my 1A+B and 12 syns :D and Im sure I may well stuff a bit more fruit in there somewhere ;)
Well its weigh in for me in the morning and even though I haven't been OFF plan Im aware that I probably haven't eaten as much as I should..but I have finally learnt that I don't have to eat if Im not hungry (quite a revelation that is :rotflmao:)..oooh and there has been a distinc lack of exercise this week too :whistle: -so we will just have to wait n see what the result is :cross:
Right I had better get off... have a lovely afternoon all and keep up the great work-ooh and hope everyone is better soon!!!

Good morning all

Another 1lb off for me this week :party0011: - Im :D with that after a week of no exercise and knowing that I haven't eaten enough :eek: -so I WILL eat better this week..... I will :D....
I have decided that Im going green today -mainly as I have done braising steak n onions for lunch but don't fancy it as when I tried it last night it sat too heavy :mad: -so I have settled on :-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • grapefruit
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • roasted parsnips (0.5) -lots of :D
  • nobbies
  • carrots
  • cauli
  • cabbage
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 3 ryvita (B)
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled cabbage
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • activia (2.5)
so I make that 2A+2Bs but only 5.5 syns..... but its enough, and I have extra syns in case I need anything.. probably more milk knowing me :p

I need to get some bread under way in a moment as hubby is on a course mon-wed this week so won't have access to his remoska so sandwiches and home made soup in a flask it will be... he loves that though -so he will be ok ;)...
Right I had better get on as I want to get the bread dough started, get my brekkie and then on with some more beading :D
Have a great day everyone... and keep up the great work!!!

Well done Capricorn. 1lb is great. I hope you have another great week and am pleased that you are shaking things up a bit with your red/green/EE days.

Gail x

:wavey:Hi Capricorn! Well done on another pound off! You're unstoppable it seems!! Go you!!!

I'm feeling much better now, thank goodness. I went out for a meal last night with my friend - we were gonna go out on 3rd December last year to celebrate my birthday but it was snowed off and then Christmas got in the way and we finally made it last night!! We went to All Bar One and had 5 of their tapas-type plates to share followed by a yummy cheesecake and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!

Not much protein in your diet today Mrs - did you leave something out?

Whilst I think of it, have you seen that programme that was on a while ago - "10 Things You Need To Know About Losing Weight"? It was fascinating and should be compulsory viewing!!! I watched it in 6 segments on YouTube as it's not on iPlayer anymore. Suffice it to say I've made some soup .................;)

Well that's it for now. Off to see The Black Swan this afternoon! Take care and lots of love, Trace xxx

Afternoon all

Hi Gail -thankyou :D -how are you doing? having a good week I hope....

Trace -glad you are better.... I love tapas..nowt better than lots of ickle bits of different things :gimi: -Im partial to albondingas, patatas bravas ...mmmm -although I do have SW recipes for them ;). I haven't seen that 10 things... what have I missed?

Im not sure what is wrong with me at the moment... Im just really struggling to eat :faint2: ... I can do :-
  • porridge - can always eat that nommmm:D
  • salad
  • some fruit -but not like I normally can:eek:
  • activias -classic or peach
  • a teeny jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
I have just had lunch -I had 2 parsnips roast, 1 carrot, 6 nobbies, 2 cabbage leaves, 1 piece of cauli - and I ate the parsnip, cabbage, 2 slices carrot and 2 nobbies -and I struggled to wedge that down :confused:
Hubby reckons if Im like it much longer he will drag me to the Dr. :sigh: , I really think that my tastes are just changing and Im developing a normal appetite -as aposed to my usual "if its on my plate its going down" mentality :p... and its not as if there isn't plenty in to eat if I want to...
So I think this weeks menu plan may look a little boring but I will get off and plan it now -may as well just stick to foods I know I will eat when the time comes;)

oooohh oooohh and I had a :party0019::banana dancer: moment this morning... I now weigh less than hubby :bunnydance: -for the 1st time EVER .. ok so its just 1lb between us -but I don't care if its 1oz -Im lighter than him :tongue:

right I had better get off and get something done.... although I have :-
  1. chilli in the fridge I made yesterday
  2. braising beef casserole -""
  3. a bowl of bread dough proving for hubby
  4. a huge VAT of trumpy stew cooling
  5. 3kg nobbies prepared and bagged
so I think I might be having an easy week :party0011:
Right Im off to let my lunch go down :p -have a great day everyone...

Evening! Well there were various things on that programme but the ones that I found most interesting were:-

1. Lean protein - animal or vegetable - keeps you fuller for longer than other types of food.
2. Pureed food (such as a thick soup) stays in your stomach longer than the same food when it's not pureed.
3. If you eat low-fat dairy (skimmed milk, fat free cottage cheese etc) you excrete more fat than if you don't eat it.

Seems strange that you're having trouble eating, but as you say, it may be just your body changing. However, I know you love your veggies and fruit, but I really think you should try to get some protein in you! Not that I'm a dietician or nutritionist or anything vaguely like it, it's just my humble opinion!!

Went to see the Black Swan this afternoon. What a weird, but fabulous film!! Natalie Portman definitely deserves an Oscar! Then I went ballroom dancing this evening and we're learning the Samba now, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was fab body magic too!

I'm not even going to mention what I've eaten today, but I'm back on the wagon tomorrow.

Nite nite, lots of love, Trace xxx

Hi All

Well done Capricorn on your loss....again!!!! :D I cant tell you how much I admire your staying power! I hope that your appetite comes back soon, well, as much as you want it to that is. Oh, and well done on the NSV of being lighter than Hubby :happy096:

Trace - thanks for the summary on that program, I missed it too, interesting about soup/puree and also about low fat dairy - does that include cheese like low low or is it just very low fat?

Well, I am not sure how I managed it as my week included donuts, cookies, toast with butter and lemon curd and proper roast spuds/gravy (feel better now I have confessed :eek:) but I STILL lost 2lbs :eek: Gobsmacked isnt the word!!!!!

Anyhoo, that puts me back at the weight I was in November - I get my 2stone shiney back :D, and hopefully that thought will keep me on the wagon this week.
Less than two weeks until we go away to Madeira so in a way it is hard to focus as I know I will be off plan then so it is almost like...well, why bother until I get back????!!! I know the answer is because I will lose more before I go, but trying to focus on the motivation is hard right now.

Anyway, I went home on the weekend and my Mum took in a lot of my summer clothes so I wont look too much like I am wearing clown pants on holiday :rolleyes:

Heres to trying to stay focused ALL week ;)

Oh, and has everyone tried the Weetabix oaty bars? I have fallen in love with the white chocolate ones :) I believe it is one for a HeB and only 3.5 syns each (I hope I am right). They make a change from an Alpen light that I am slowly going off, or turning into :yuk:

Back