Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Last edited:
Good evening all

Am I the only one who can eat loads of "dynorod soup" and not spend all day on the loo then?

I make mine slightly different -there is actually more in it (the recipe is on my list on page 62) and I love it -but I must have the constitution of a donkey as it doesn't bother me -luckily I LOVE the stuff and so does hubby -be warned it makes loaddds

Wenchie -you can have a bit of my motivation -as long as I can borrow some back when I run out :p

Well the shopping is done and put away, dindins is eaten and I have NO exercise to do as I did the shred this morning :party0048:

I got my fruit, salad and milk and a few other bits including to "whoopsed" chilled quorn quarter pounders -that I have wedged in the freezer -
So this evening I will go through some more mags and sort out some more recipes to try ;)
Right I will get off again -have a good evening all :D

It doesn't have that effect on me, either Capricorn. And I also adjust it slightly - depending what I happen to have in. I don't see the point in having snarpips in it, cos they're not a speed food. So I usually add celery, sometimes other veg, and often up the beans.

But I think I have the constitution of an elephant, cos none of the foods that have the reputation of being - ahem - "repeaters" do anything to me at all.

But some people certainly report that it has quite a downward effect, shall we say? Hence it is supposed to be very good for losses.

I don't react to the dynarod soup either. I've always eaten lots of fruit and veg. Was also vegan for 2 years, which meant lots of fruit, veg, grains, etc. I have very healthy digestion. Only thing that makes me go is certain meats; i'm ok with fish but chicken (even the breast) and pork tend to have a dyno effect.

*shrugs* i've always been awkward.

P.S. Do you know what you've done? I just added 30 day shred to my amazon wish list!!!!

I took my measurements last week or the week before so doubt they'll be any different yet.

I ache like at the front of where my arms meet my armpit, in my butt and just below my boobs but again its a nice ache, feels like its working.....I won't have abs of steel, well maybe under 15 layers of fat, but it will hopefully be a couple of layers less by the end lol.

I can't do many of the reverse crunches, or the bicycle crunches.....ouch!!! I can do a few more than day 1 though :D

Good luck for day 3 ladies xxx

Evening all

Nice to know Im not the only one immune to the "dynorod soup" :D

Jim- I HAVE to put parsnips in mine as I love em ;)

Wicca -I assumed that i was immune because of the sheer volume of fruit n veg I have always eaten ...I was veggie for years too and vegan for 2-3 -before all the quorn etc became available -so I guess if my body could handle all that roughage its pretty used to it now :p. I don't usually get "toilet issues" -I thought I was odd as I *ahem* go after every meal -but the I watched you are what you eat and she reckoned it was a good thing ;),

Hope you like the shred -I got it as everyone was raving about it -plus it was about £5, so I thought it was worth a try...

Vix- Im aching in the same places as you so we must be doing it right ;) -
the reverse crunches and bicycle crunches are my hardest too -so I adapt them .. I don;t think I will move onto level 2 until I can do them -so it may be some time :eek:

Day 3 tomorrow and my plan is to get dressed, stumble downstairs and do it before I have time to think about it -seems my best way of dealing with exercise :giggle:
Hope everyone is having a good week :vibes:

I'm the same, I adapt them slightly but still try to do them, I won't be moving onto level 2 til I can do them either. I can't do mine first thing unfortunately as my daughter always wakes up before me even if I try and wake up before her, somehow she knows and still wakes up first lol so I have to wait until she naps, so both days I've put her down for her nap, put a jacket spud in the oven, checked up on here then started the shred, then my lunch is ready and my daughter wakes up so its worked out well so far...fingers crossed it continues lol. The weekends will be more tricky as I don't want hubby seeing the wobble in motion haha.

I bet you'll be down at least 1 dress size before you even reach stage 3 :D

Morning morning morning :D

Day 3 of shred -DONE :Na_Na_Na_Na: ..... ache ache ache :p
On the upside I did the reverse crunches -ok, so they weren't pretty, they weren't graceful and my as* didn't get as far off the floor as theirs -but I did them none the less :sign0151: -Im sure they will be much better when I don't add the *arghh, ooh, eee, umph* sound effects :giggle:
The bicycle jobbies are still a *never in a month of sundays* -so my modification is to keep my knees bent, feet flat on the floor and then when I bring my right elbow across I bring up my left knee and vise versa -I know its not as extreme -but trust me - I still feel it :p

Vix - Im not sure about being another size down that quickly, I hope I can just shift some of my belly - I swear if that DVD can stop me from being left with a big floppy deflated balloon belly Im going to campaign for Jillian Michaels to be knighted ;)

Anyway -thats that done for another day - today is a success expess day which will look startlingly like yesterday :giggle:
so then it will go something like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
    [*]mixed berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • avocado (7)
  • 57g reduced fat feta (B)
  • lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]onion
    [*]peppers
    [*]tickled cabbage
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • jacket potato
    [*]cottage cheese
    [*]salad
    *as above*
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • apple
  • orange
so that will be 2A+B and 9.5 syns used
I need to get the gammon joint out of the freezer today as Im planning on doing that tomorrow -warm with home made oven chips and salad (dippy egg for hubby instead of salad) .... then I will have leftover meat to make scrummy scrummy totilla wraps the day after :drool:
Right I had better get off and get my brekkie and a cuppa...Hope everyone is well and having a good week!!

Forgot to move my table...
Sun - 9 syns used and 500cals burnt
Mon - 2.5syns used and 520cals burnt
Tues - 5 syns used and 140cals burnt + shred
Wed - 9.5 syns used and day 2 shred
Thur -

Oked Dokey -quick change to my plan... I have decided I need something warm for lunch soooo it is now looking like this:-
GREEN

250ml semi (A)
apple
2 quorn 1/4lbers (1)
28g cheddar (B)
1/2 tin baked beans

melon
pineapple
jacket potato
cottage cheese
lettuce
cucumber
tomatoes
onion
peppers
tickled beetroot
tickled cabbage

250ml semi (A)
fibre plus bar (B)
apple
orange
which takes it down to 2A+B and 1 syn
--------------------------------------------------
Tues - 5 syns used and 140cals burnt + shred
Thur -

Thank you for the link Sarah :D and for the motivation Capricorn, it came in very handy last night! (today I have an achy behind and arms, but it's all to the good...:eek:).

I've got a modified version of the spicy tomato soup today - it's heading more into dyno rod territory with lentils and cabbage in it... tastes nummy though and hopefully it won't have a terrible effect on me (I'm on a course this afternoon...).

It's funny seeing you doing success express, my C was talking about it this week as lots of people were having difficult weeks, so apparently we're all going to go over it as on option next week. We'll see how that goes!

Hi lovely!

Just wanted to let you all know - I don't seem to react to the soup either :confused:

However, had some 'dynorod' baked beans twice in two days and mushy peas last night... tmi.. I know... but you can well imagine :eek:

Day 3 of the shred for me too! Although not completed it yet - will do when I get home!

whoo whoo!! x

Good evening all :wavey:

Well we nipped out earlier to pick up more water... so Im now the proud owner of 3 HUGE pineapples, some more apples, 2 more avocados, a lump of beef (to do stewing meat n chips at the weekend :drool: -something I used to have when I was a kid) and a couple of other bits :D

Wenchie -success express doesn't make much difference to me as I usually have 2/3 super free on my plate anyway-and the syns I use are on things that are generally the same on all 3 plans -the bonus however is that I get 2 A+B ;) ....
Hope you are Ok and keeping your chin up ;)
Ela ine -nothing but nothing has a dyno rod effect on me -I think I have the constitution of a donkey :p -Hope day 3 is done ;)

Well folks I have been sat watching Jillian Michaels in action this evening :giggle: amongst the other DVDs I had come the other day was her "banish fat and boost metabolism" workout - so i thought I would see what its like -now its a 50min workout (aint ever gonna happen :eek:) -but she also has it broken down into 9 individual workouts -so I sat through them and think that I may try and do 1 or 2 little sections a day -and see how I get on, I won't do it straight after the shred -probably before lunch so i will report back how I get on :cross:

Anyway I have finished today so my week so far is:-

Tues - 5 syns used and 140cals burnt+ day 1 shred
Thur -1 syn used and day 3 shred
Fri -
Sat -

Now I haven't used that many syns so far this week but when I make my tortilla wraps it will bump them up so Im not overly concerned plus I have 1/2 an avocado to eat tomorrow :D

Right I will get off and catch up.. have a lovely evening all!!

*dum dum dum another one bites the dust* -so thats day 4 "shredded" :character00115:

Good morning all - hope we are all fine n dandy :party0011:

Im feeling tickity boo (now my pulse has come down and I have cooled off :p)

So then today is set to be a GREEN day and "should" look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • avocado (6)
  • 42g reduced fat feta (A)
  • lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]peppers
    [*]tomato
    [*]onion
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled cabbage
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • 57g home cooked gammon (B)
    [*]hm oven chips
    (1)
  • salad *as above*
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • melon
  • pineapple
SO that should be 2A+B and 9.5 syns soooo I will see if I want more than the 57g of gammon joint and if so i will "buy" some :D

Im really looking forward to my meals again just lately...

Not long until weigh in again -Sundays seem to come around sooo quickly. I can't believe where the time is going -I checked what date it was that I signed up to start SW on-line as I knew I wasn't far off 1 year and well on the 12th April I will be celebrating my 1yr anniversary on SW :faint2: -I have NEVER been so committed or focussed on any other "diet" -who knows, maybe I have actually cracked my eating demons :cross:

Anyway I will get off and get my brekkie and make a cuppa -have a lovely day everyone -and keep up the great work..

-----------------------------------------------------------
Tues - 5 syns used and 140cals burnt+ day 1 shred
Thur -1 syn used and day 3 shred
Fri - ?? syns used and day 4 shred
Sat -

Almost a year! That's fantastic (and you've got the lovely shineys to go with it, too :D). What are you going to do/get to celebrate how brilliant you are?

Very impressed at your shredding, it does seem like a really efficient way to work out; how achy or otherwise is it leaving you? (I'm currently super achy from some intensive yoga, but it's a good ache...maybe if I keep repeating that I'll believe it! :D).

My not-quite dyno rod soup (which tastes lovely and took about 10minutes to assemble and I'll therefore be doing again) had a very definite affect on me, but a good one, rather than a distressing one. All that soluble fibre's so good for you :D

Today is a better day (the sun's out and there's a little heat in it, which always makes the heart a wee bit gladder I think) so onwards and upwards ;). Have a lovely day!

Goooooooooooood morning Capricorn!!!! :D

Well, all those bits that you kept crossed for me work must've worked cos I passed!!!!!!

I'm so happy and SO relieved!!!!:banana dancer::bunnydance::0icanfly::woohoo::wee::party0011:

Thanks for your good wishes and for KTF!!

Lots of love, Trace

Goooooooooooood morning Capricorn!!!! :D

Well, all those bits that you kept crossed for me work must've worked cos I passed!!!!!!

I'm so happy and SO relieved!!!!:banana dancer::bunnydance::0icanfly::woohoo::wee::party0011:

Thanks for your good wishes and for KTF!!

Lots of love, Trace
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Well done Mrs :happy096:
I can uncurl everything now -Its very difficult typing like that you know :p
God you must feel like a huge weight has been lifted -see we knew it was your tutor and not you ;)
Lets hope life can get a little calmer for you now ... have a lovely relaxing weekend Mrs -you have more than earnt it!!
Hiya Wenchie -Im not sure what I will do to celebrate if anything hmmmmmmm I will think :p
The shred is leaving me a little achy but its just a "ooh I have done some exercise" rather than an "ohh god Im in pain" -then again I guess its down to how hard you push yourself ;) Im pushing myself BUT I know my limits so Im not risking puting myself off doing it by overdoing it..
I can't imagine me being very good at yoga -I am SO un-flexible its funny..
Im glad you have a little sunshine -it is bloomin baltic here :winter_brr:

Well folks I have had my yummy yummy lunch -so I might have a wee look at my other DVDs -be back later.. have a lovely day everyone!!

Oooh you've just done some exercise :p

Well done :bunnydance:

I need to do Day 4 today.. may go to Zumba (and do W1D2 of C25K) or may watch Comic relief! ARGH! x

Congrats Traci - that's awesome :D

Ela_ine - I'm probably going to end up recording a couple of hours of comic relief so I can do some moving and not miss anything good...I've done that before and you can usually catch up whilst the news is on with some judicious fastforwarding.

Capricorn - I feel like you really ought to do/get something you've done so amazingly well and it's an anniversary that deserves celebrating. Is there a spa or something near you? You could get a facial or something lovely done? If you can go at "odd" times, sometimes there're some good offers (actually, you could check out groupon, I've heard they're pretty good for Germany, too).

I'm gradually learning my limits, and I've not been in agony yet, but I'm still learning how to change things up so I'm working different bits each day :D. I'm really not flexible at all, but I've noticed that I'm getting gradually more flexible (and my hobbled-wobbly-donkey balance is improving, too) because of the yoga - it REALLY works some of your muscles, too, which surprised me at first. It loosens up my back nicely after a day hunched over my desk at work and I can really feel it doing me some good, so despite it not being a big calorie burner I definitely find it worth it. I've a friend who's training as a yoga instructor and she's shown me some adapted poses (there's no way on EARTH I can touch my toes, my stomach gets in the way! And the side bends aren't so good) but more or less anyone can do the sun salutation, the warrior and the downward facing dog (excellent for stomach muscles!). It puts me in a very zen headspace, too, so it's been good on stressful days. :D

It's definitely not warm here, but I've several fleeces layered up, and gloves, so it was lovely to be out at lunch!

Have a lovely afternoon!

Ah Wenchie, you're so right! I need to do that too (and the bestr bits will be on iplayer anyway :p)

What have you been doing? Well done on the stone weight loss and what does 'shutting up and dancing' mean :p xx

oooh, I'd forgotten about IPlayer (my old laptop tried very hard, but IPlayer was a bit beyond it, but now I've got the Wii....:D).

Thank you! I've been doing the WiiFit+, a bit of yoga, Dance on Broadway (which is such a lot of fun and is a stellar workout. One day I'll be able to sing along as well as merely fling myself about un-coordinately) and rowing. I'm seriously unfit, so I'm very proud of myself (and I've got the Shred on my wishlist... maybe when I get my stone & 1/2 award?).

I have a friend who passed away very recently and her motto was "Shut Up and Dance", which basically means stop making silly excuses not to get on and enjoy life, just do it and live to your best :D

Back