Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi Surzy -thats it then, if SW won;t have me then I will start a petition and stage a sit in at head office (I live close enough to be a pain in the a*se if I have to :giggle:). This is the first time I have REALLY REALLY wanted to do something and believed that I can make a god job of it -so Im not giving up without a fight ;) -why wouldn't I want to spend all my time thinking about food? its what I do anyway :p

I'm in - I only work 'up the road' from Head Office in Chesterfield :)

I've thought about it myself - my company keeps hinting at potential redundos so i've got it at the back of my mind for an escape plan if needs be!!

Good evening everyone :wavey:

:gen147:Holy cow folks -we have just been given the date by which we will be back in the UK for good :faint2: -Hubby has his last 6months of service back in the UK so we have been given a date of December 9th :eek:

Hi Cherry -I hope Mr Pie, is keeping the free foods and cuppas coming :p, is the pain any better? I told hubby and he reckons when he dislocated a finger it was the worst pain he has ever had :character00264:
Hope you are up n about soon -although not too soon ;) -Mr Pie needs to do some fetching and carrying first :p

Oh my goodness, you're really truely coming home and I soooooo know that you're going to be at target as you step off that plane - you will truely be mrs slinky in time for your 21st birthday!!! So exciting!!!

As for the toe and ankle, I have done as I've been told (for once!!) and rested as much as I can and it seems to have paid off - i went back today for the follow up appointment and more x-rays and it has stayed in place perfectly and looks to be healing well. I'm allowed to walk about more now which is good as my bum was taking on the shape of the armchair!! Mr Pie has been a real sweetie, so good, I need to think of a surprise for him now to say thank you for looking after me and doing all those things that you take for granted everyday!

Take care missus and catch up again soon xxxx

Flark -now I swear if they stuck my mush on a magazine cover they would have to put it on the top shelf so I didn't scare the kiddies :rotflmao:

I wondered where we were going with the top shelf thing there...wow, now theres a whole new career to show off that fab new figure!!! xxxx

:rant2: frik frik frikkin frik :rant2:
I have well n truely Kn*ckered my leg this time :character00264: :sigh:
We went to play badminton -1 hour in and I was whipping up a storm *if I do say so myself* and my bleepin trainer seemed to stick to the floor and me and my leg carried on moving :doh: -Im surprised you didn't hear me squeal as I hit the deck like a sack of spuds (anyone would have thought Id been shot :p) -its my bloomin achillies AGAIN, so hubby packed up around me as I sat on the floor and then hobbled back to the car and since then I have been sat with an ice pack on it -and then had a soak in the bath,
So it looks like no badminton for me tomorrow :cry: -
Hubbie says If I don't rest it up properly then he will get me banned from the gym on camp :eek: -so we have comprimised -Im resting up Sat/Sun then IF Im allowed to the gym on Monday I will only go on the upper body weight machines :angel09: and if Im not fit enough to go then I will do a few upper body doodaas at home, crunches and dumbelly flies etc... -I WILL NOT be derailed now Im on a mission :D
Th UP side though is that hubby did dinner -salad and chicken breast mmm oooooooooh and I only got half my lunch as hubby came home as I was putting it out so I shared in between us -twas yummy though :p

Wenchie -so much for me being fit :p -my heart might be but my leg is fit for the kn*kers yard ;)
I hope you have fun doing your freezer *ooh I must remember to tick off 1 chicken breast* well its a start :8855:
Thanks Aaliyah -lets hope SW think I will do ok too -mind I need to look into the costs too as much as I want to do it and believe I can make it pay I need to make sure I don't just get carried away with it because I "want" to do it. Luckily if they say yes we are going to take the money from hubbies lump sum pension so at least no need to take out loans etc ;)
Surzy -oooooh not far at all :D, my lovely big sis used to go into Chessie quite often at a weekend -in fact thats where hubby proposed to me :D
Cherry -I won't be stepping off a plane I will be :9529::sign0137: on a ferry :character00117: :eek: -the plan is that hubby n me will tootle over in the car with a few essentials -so the new curtains, curtain poles, etc then whilst we have the car I can fetch wallpaper, paint etc and then once hubby comes back here I will get on with decorating -whilst taking up residence in my mums spare bedroom :D ... I have a brother at home who will be hijacked to put my light fittings up and a brother across the road from our house who I will cajole into putting up curtain poles etc :sign0151:
We are doing bare minimum for the 1st 6 months as we are waiting to see what kind of job hubby can get and hopefully plan to move somewhere with more outdoor space (nowt grand just a god sized garden) because I love to grow fruit n veg and want chickens. so it seem silly to invest any money moving walls etc if we might not stay.
Glad your foot is on the mend -thats it!!!! I have come out in sympathy with you :D
ooh eck -there aren't enough staples in the centre pages to cover all my lumps n bumps :eek:
Right me n my throbbing leg are off to find the ice pack again...
Hope everyone has a lovely evening....

Oh wow - better not do an inventory, you've put me to shame :p x

Oh no, please don't follow my daft example and hurt yourself! Oh lovely I'll keep everything crossed (except my right toes if you don't mind!!) for you 2 days of ice, heat and rest put you right again xxx

Oh dear Capricorn!

Hope you haven't done any lasting damage xxx

Good evening all -made it here -eventually :D

Thankyou for your lovely thoughts all :flowers:
Had a ridiculously lazy day today as my leg is playing me up :sigh: -hubby was threatening to take me to the hospital last night as I could only get around by dragging it behind me and crawling upstairs on my hands n knees :eek: -he thought I had torn my achilies -lots of pain killers and lots of sleep and today its not so bad ;) -it still aches and I can't walk normally Im still sort of swinging it around if that makes sense -but I will see how it goes tomorrow and if its still being silly I will go to the med centre on Monday :D
So then -today I have been sat on my backside turning my freezer list into a meal plan :D -I have 9 weeks of main meals so far and plenty more to list *oopsy* and hubby has been fetching and carrying for me after banishing me to the sofa :D

My meal plan has been, well non existant today as the pain killers I have are the ones I used to have to take all the time before my skull op -and I took 2 -forgetting that I now weigh a lot less than I did -so to start with I felt half tiddly and then I felt squiffy :p so my food today has been :-
1 apple
2 eggs scrambled + 1tsp ketchup
1 salmon fillet
500ml semi (2XA)

so not exactly on plan -but it was all I could manage.... so if the scales are mean tomorrow -Im ready :p -between the lack of food today and the fluid built up around my leg it could be quite interesting :p.. still "hey ho" I will cope :D...
Im ready with a new plan for this week -since the gymble will be out of the question I will be doing crunches and dumbell flies and the like ..I will not sit on my backside veggitating :nono:

Tomorrows plan is to turn the rest of the freezer list into meals and then once Im safe on my 2 trotters again I will list whats in the cupboards -shouldn't be as bad as the freezers although I do have a herbs and spice addiction ;)
Surzy -good luck with the stock take :p
Right -off to get my foot up again :D
Have a good evening all......

Yum yum yum food! Hope you're feeling better xx

Oh poor you Capricorn, I do hope the scales are kind as you so deserve it after all you do. Hope the leg mends quickly and you're up and around in no time. x x x x

Are you feeling better lovely? xx

Good morning all -reporting back in for duty :wavey:

Sorry I was missing yesterday I felt :sign0137:, I think it was my strong painkillers and boy have they messed with my digestive system :doh:. My leg is getting better -just a dull ache and tightness -so Im banned from exercise-well I might try and squeeze in a few upper body bits n bobs :p

Anyhoo -yesterday gave me a 1.5lb loss -so I can live with that -will be glad to get back in the gymble though, Im really not liking lolling around the house on my backside :cry:
So then -this week I need to keep an extra eye on my food to compensate for the lack of :character00115:.
I sat over the weekend and turned my frozen food list into a meal plan -and so far I have 12 weeks of main meals covered -with quite a lot of stuff left to use -most of which is stuff I will have for my lunches.. I have planned 5 meals a week as that leave 2 open for things like jacket potato and for using up any odds n sods in the fridge etc...so here is hoping I can keep my spending to a minimum :cross: -although we need to shop tonight AGAIN.... water, milk, apples, and salad bits -I think that should cover it.... *must ignore the meat fridges..must ignore the meat fridges* :p

Right then my success express carb curfew for today looks like this:-
9am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi
    (A)
1pm
  • tuna fish
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]onion
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
5pm
  • braising steak, onions, carrots
    [*]cabbage
    [*]cauli/broc cheese
    (0.5XA)
9pm
  • mixed berries
    [*]nat yog
    [*]250ml semi (6)
    [*]1tsp camp (1)

Im not sure if I fancy the braising steak at the moment -so if not I will have a piece of fish instead.
Right so thats 2A+1B and 7 syns covered ..not sure what to do with the other B, but I will try and figure something out;)
Right Im off to get my brekkie mmmmm have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work..
Will no doubt be back later to catch up ;)

Morning Capricorn...now you take it easy hunni xx
A few more days rest might do the trick with that leg xxx

Eek! I'm off for a weekend and you break yourself :eek: - You take good care of that leg missy, no point in over pushing it now to cause yourself problems later on.

CONGRATS on another 1.5 gone :D - you kind of rule at this weight loss malarkey.

I've finally loaded some of Jillian's podcasts onto my Ipod (it's only a wee one so there's not that much space on there) and I listened to half of one about eating healthily on a budget on the way into work this morning. I'll listen to the other half on the way home - they're fun and I'm in a very peppy kind of a mood today, which I suspect maybe related. Thank you for the push in the direction of all things Jillian :D

Helllllo lovely ladies

Well I have been a busy-ish bee :D -I now have 15 weeks of meals planned then I have :-
*used some sad carrots in the fridge by adding them to the braising steak n onions
*some sad tomatoes and red peppers have been thrown into the remoska with garlic, oil and seasoning -nommy
*chopped the 2 melons and pineapple and put in tubs to use up easier
*cleaned the fridge

So now we are all set for the new bits of shopping tonight :D

I have had my tuna salad -and will have some melon and pineapple in a mo....
I don't think I fancy braising steak tonight :p - may see if hubby wants it and if not I will leave it in the fridge until tomorrow -its nice when it has stood anyway :D -do I will probably have fish n salad or something this evening..

Glad everyone is doing well....

Wenchie - I know -I can't be left on my own, I go and pumble and hurt myself :cry: :p
Glad you are finiding Jillian inspiring -she is my hero :D

Ooh being to totally OCD list maker that I am -I have even found myself on "mysupermarket" seeing how much our groceries are going to cost when we move back :giggle: -and with a little careful handling (meaning NOT stockpiling food like we are expecting a siege) I actually think we will be able to go to eating mainly organic *meat, dairy, fruit, veg* :clap: -simple things like not paying £6 for a jar of nescafe and nearly £5 for weetabix will make a difference .. I will be really happy if I can pull it off -mind the thing that will make it more achievable is the fact that we eat so much less volume now ;)

Right -enough waffle for now.. have a lovely day everyone!!!

Wow, you are super organised!

But it's made me think of all that food that I am storing in the freezer, half of which I probably can't or don't want to eat :eek:

Over the last couple of weeks, the dog has eaten a packet of scampi, free from fish fingers and two mini pizzas!

Back