Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :bliss:

At long last we have finally got home ... we tootled in about 5:30pm today and we have been seriously vegging out since then... after 15 days of sleeping on someones floor:eek: me thinks there will be much :zz: tonight :D
I will post a full run down of :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: in the morning .
I just wanted to say a HUGE :thankyou: for all the lovely thoughts you sent.
In the end we got our "status" upgraded and so we got a call on the friday night at 5:15pm to say "grab your bags n passport there is a car picking you up at 5:30pm" -we got taken straight to Hannover airport, straight through passport control and onto a plane, off the plane in Luton, straight into a waiting car and deposited at the hospital doors by 10:45pm. MIL was asleep so BIL came and picked us up. We got back to see MIL the following morning -we swear she was waiting -because one of her other sons was in France on a biking holiday and rode back (he arrived just before us) and its as though she wanted to have seen them all. we left at about 11am so she could get some rest and she passed away before we had even got back to BILs house -about 20 mins away,
Since then it has been a case of waiting for the arrangements to be made, the funeral was held on Thursday and now, here we are-back home.
Hubby is OK, he if focusing on the fact that she had a "good innings"
I will update on all the normal yapping in the morning when I weigh in for the 1st time in 3 weeks *gulp* :cross:.
Hope everyone is well -it may take me a while to catch up with you all -but I will :sign0151:

Hi Capricorn :wavey:

Welcome home xx

So sorry to hear about mil. I'm sure she did wait until you had all seen her before she was ready to leave you. Dad did the same.

Try to unwind tonight and get a good nights sleep xx :zz:

Take care, catch up with you properly tomorrow xxx

So sorry to hear of your sad news. Take care & hope you have a good nights sleep tonight xx

Welcome back:) sorry to hear your sad news.Hope you both get a good nights sleep.Take care hunni.xx

Hi Capricorn! Welcome back!

So sorry to hear about MIL :mad: but as your hubby says, she had a good innings.

Hope you're both having a lovely rest now. Take care.

Lots of love, Trace xxx

Hi lovely. It's great to see you back. Sorry to hear about MIL.
Hope you and dh are looking after yourselves at such a stressful time.
Best wishes to you both, JJ x

Last edited:
Hiya

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am glad you are home safely x

Xx

Sorry to hear your news but really relieved that you made it back to see her. I'm sure that made her happy.

Good luck for today on the scales and welcome back.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome back Capricorn. So sorry to hear the bad news, but at least your OH made it back in time to see his Mum. Amazing how often people hang on just until they've seen their loved ones. x

Goooooooood Morning lovely people :wavey:

oooooh did I sleep well last night, I swear my head hit the pillow and that was it until about 8:15am :bliss:.

Anyhoo -starting with the important news -we got on the scales this morning and ...tada -we both have stayed the same :banana dancer:... now its my first ever STS -BUT after this last 2 weeks it couldn't feel better if it had been a hugggge loss ;)
I did my best -especially as we had.. are you ready for this???? -NO :-
measuring spoons, jug, scale OR oven :eek: -so I have been "guesstimating" and obviously I didn't do to badly :D.
We did go and see my mum for 3 days -where we were fed n watered as usual ...my lovely mum is a superstar :woohoo:, but the other 12 days we have pretty much ended up doing lots of shopping and most of the cooking and cleaning..so Im considering getting home and cooking n cleaning for 2 to be a rest ;).
Now then, among all the cooking me n hubby have had a few pub lunches (mainly to get out of the house and get some fresh air) -so here is the list of the things we have eaten in the pub....
  1. blackened tuna steak with salad -great choise and all free
  2. roast chicken wrap with salad and a few chippies
  3. southern chicken wrap with salad n chippies
  4. 1/2 toasted club sandwich with salad n chippies -my first breat in 14 months, it was multi grain and GORGEOUS
the 2 take aways *shhhhh*
  • Haddock n chippies -that were awful so I left most, but luckily I had done a huge pan of mushy peas so i was happy
  • mixed meat kebab with salad and a few fries nomnomonom
and finally -at the mercy of the airport (my defence and Im sticking to it)
  • a subway teryaki chicken n salad 6"
  • a ciabbatta which should have had turkey on but it was salami, salad and mustard mayo.. very nice it was too and it was free on the plane
So as you can see I have rammed more bready stuff down my gullet this last 14 days than I have in 14 months :giggle:, but it has also shown me that I can "wing it" and just by being careful inbetween I can still stay *on plan*. Most of my brekkies have been weetabix or fruit, eggs. most meals in the house have been salad based, and boy have I demolished an obscene amount of cooked meats, fruit and activia intensely yogs :eek:. Ooooh now then so I can polish my halo I will point out that I have been sharing the house with 3 littlies -3 years, 4 years and 9 months -and I have dodged (on a daily basis):-
  • corneto
  • crisps
  • sweets
  • biccies
  • cake
  • ice lollies
:D -although they have done a fine job on "helping" me eat all my good stuff :p

I have decided for this week Im going to do bog standard EE -I figure the weighing n measuring etc will be a shock to my system anyway.. and then next week I can get back to my mainly red days with carb curfews ;)
So then -todays meal plan looks like this:-
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]1tsp sugar (1)
    [*]apple

• jacket potato
    [*]cottage cheese
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]onions
    [*]kraut salat
    [*]apple
  • egg fried rice
  • 28g chorizo (2.5)
    [*]onions
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
    [*]peas
    [*]corn
    [*]rice
  • mixed berries
  • strawberry quark
SO I make that 1A+B and 3.5 syns although I will "buy" more milk later and update then ;). I will also try and add a bit of fruit to up my 1/3 a bit....
We need to nip shopping tomorrow -we have loads in as we had stocked before we knew we were going away but obviously the salad stuff is nick nack nooed -so it will be that and fruit again.

Whilst Im still waffling I may as well claim my NSVS :D
So then here we go.... the biggy is that when I last went on a plane I had to have the belt as long as I could and wedge it under my fatta podge (well I wasn't asking for an extender :eek:) -this time I tootled into my seat -fastened my belt and had about 8" of belt left over :party0048: AND it was fastened around my widest part :D. I swear its a good job you belt up before take of because I bounce up n down in my seat like a toddler at xmas :0icanfly:.. had we been in the air they would have thought it was turbulence :D
Then, last time I couldn't drop the tray more than about 45degrees -so NO drink for me :eek: -now, not only can I drop it flat BUT I had to slide it up to me about 3" too -so I had a drink on the flight out just so I could use my tray :rotflmao:

When we met up with hubbies family -I thought some of them were acting a bit off :confused:-I didn't find out until the SIL we were staying with told me that when we left the hospital it was the topic of conversation that hubby had got divorced and remarried without telling anyone :confused: They thought I was someone new :eek:
ooh ooh and after the funeral I was looking after the baby and we went into the pub garden and they didn't have a baby swing so I sat my backside on a normal swing and swung with him :D -not only does my as* now fit but it didn't even dig in :woohoo: -I did refrain from seeing if I could get down the slide though :p
finally for now-one that hubby pointed out.... that I was quite happy to go out and have something to eat without doing the old -find a corner and face a wall so no-one can see thing that I used to do :D
Right Im sure thats more than enough yap for now.. I will get off and do lunch and then I will attempt to catch up with you all *you have been warned* :p
Have a lovely afternoon all ....its lovely to be back :D

OMG Capricorn, that is an AMAZING achievement - not only to STS but to have enjoyed a little of what you fancied too. Absolutely fabulous :D

And LOVE the NSV's too. Totally deserved *clap*

Welcome home (again !). Great to have you back.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome back Capricorn, so sorry to hear about MIL I think she was happy to go knowing she had seen you all. It was obviously the right time but sad all the same, hope you are both doing ok there.

Wow good on you for sts all that time, that is such fantastic news. You are such an inspiration on here and MSE [they missed you by the way :p]. Am loving all the things that you noticed i.e the seat belt & swing but just would have loved to been a fly on the wall when everyone though MrC had divorced and remarried :8855:now you know how much you have changed by losing the weight. Better than having it the other way round when someone thought hubby had got new lady friend cos they were fatter than the you they knew [happened to me before the weight loss :cry:].

So A big welcome back and hugs for all you've been through. Hope you stick your head over there >>>> to set minds at rest that you're ok, Dizzy's tank could do with a spruce up if you've nothing else to do :sign0151:

Hi again Capricorn! Well done on your STS - that's brilliant! I laughed at the bit about hubbie's "new wife"! How fabulous that they thought you were someone else!!! Just goes to show that the old you is well and truly gone!!

While you've been away I've taken another exam and failed it :mad: I've got a retake on 2nd August, in Birmingham again. Pain the a*se!!! The pass mark was 70% as always and I got 65.7%, so I wasn't far off. I was very upset and cross with myself, but I've just gotta pull myself together and knuckle down! I was particularly upset because I was the only one in my group who failed. It's so much harder to learn and retain things now I'm over 50 (OMG - am I really?!?!!?) than it was even a few years ago *sigh*.

Anyway, it's lovely to have you back and I'm so glad you're OK.

Take care, lots of love and KTF,

Trace xxx

Wow Capricorn, sounds like it was a time of real ups and downs... Well done on all your NSVs - how fantastic does that feel?! Particularly loving the plane NSVs as I noticed exactly the same when I went on my hols last month!

Loving the fact that all the rellys thought Mr Cap had a new woman - well,come to think of it, he does - on the outside anyway!

I'm sure you will get back in the swing of things quickly, hope you have a fab week. x

Welcome back hun :D

I bet it felt good to realise how big a change you've managed if the family didn't recognise you ;)

Well done to you and Mr C on your STS! I only had a couple of days off plan last week and managed a gain :eek: so to have 2 weeks off with all the stress that went with it - you are awesome :woohoo::worthy: :bliss: :happy096:

I hope you have a fabulous week.

Welcome home lovely,

I'm sorry to hear your sad news, but I'm glad that she managed to hold on until she'd seen you all, bless her.

As you you two - woo hoo, how fantastic that you had all that stress, no proper facilities, all that temptation and you still managed to STS - bodes rather well for your future maintainance plan ! Some fab NSVs there too but I did laugh that they all thought you were newbie married in secret wife - fantastic!!

You take it easy now for a few days, catch up with your own tail and get some sleep xxx

Hi Capricorn,

Lovely to have you home safe and sound :D

Wonderful post hunni xx How funny about the relatives...hope you put them all straight!!! :rolleyes:

Omg what an awesome post!!!

- so glad you are back hun!! So pleased everyrhigs gone well
- well done on STs! And eating all that lush food too! Nomnom
- I know what you mean about the swing, did that only recently myself
- yayayayayayayayayay :bliss: on the plane/seat/seatbelt and ace!!!!

SO glad you are back safe and well, now when can I come for dinner :bunnydance:

Back