Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

*stands up from chair and announces in hushed tones* "ehem, my name is capricorn and I have *food issues*" :eek:
Now I might have cracked my old eating issues but boy oh boy do I have food hoarding tendencies -I have started on some more packing this morning (hence being late on here) and jeese louise why oh why did I think doing the dried food cupboards was a good idea :confused: -
I ask -do I really need 8 varieties of sugar? do I really need 9 kinds of flour :hide: -guess who used to do lots of baking :D -anyhoo I have made a start and Im going all MONICA on it -Im listing absolutely everything that goes in each box -then I will type up 2 copies -1 will go in the appropriate box and the other in a file with me so I know what boxes I want as and when once Im unpacking :sign0151:
Anyway thats a couple of boxes done and I will get some more done once I have finished here -ooh and grabbed my lunch :innocent0002:, Im planning on just leaving out the essentials.

Anyway -hubby has gone for his golf game and it is an amazingly hot day again -its sooo muggy and close...
So then Im having an EE day today as hubby fancies bolognaise -so today looks like this:-
  • 2 apples
  • prawns
    [*]sauce (1)
    [*]tickled onions
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
  • frozen raspberies
    [*]frozen strawberies
    [*]coconut n pineapple quark
  • bolognaise
    [*]spaghetti
    [*]peas
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
so thats 1A+3.5 syns covered -not sure what to do to use up the heB -but I will figure it out :D

woohoo Dawny -thats it -read my diary at bed time, I will either wear you out or bore you to sleep :p

Hi Wenchie -that does sound bloomin uncomfy, have they put you on medication?
Im not sure why I have become so addicted to exercising :confused: -I think I just feel more lethargic when I haven't done anything. once we move I plan on getting a routine sorted from scratch -including a housekeeping routine, I used to have set days for set jobs and I loved it as the house was always sparkly, I even did the windows 3 times a week :giggle: -so i plan on having a routine worked out and written down ready for a nice fresh start ...oooh Im going all kim + aggie :p

right -off for a quick lunch and then onto the herbs n spice cupboard :hide:
Have a lovely afternoon all...

Hi babycakes! Doing fab as per!!!!!

And oh… oh my word. You’re OCD is worse than mine :p Are you sure it’s not CDO :D

Hee! Last time I moved I was all about numbered boxes (with their room destination written on them too) and lists... It's handy if you're packing up in advance and pack something you later need, if nothing else!

It's useful to have a bit of a routine I think - especially when one's starting something new, if only because it gives your brain a go-to until it becomes a habit.

I'm just on sodium citrate for the moment :yuk: but I've to go back for anti-bs if it gets worse or doesn't clear within the month (I may murder someone if it takes that long!)

Goooooooood Morning all :wavey:

ohhhhhhhhh the shame, the shame :eek: -how much store cupboard stuff can 1 woman have!!!!! the answer is LOTS -I have only boxed my spare herbs etc - but the ones that are open and are still in the cupboard -well I have nearly 100 herbs, spices and various mixes :p -eeehhh food should never be boring in this house :giggle:
The plus point of all the gubbins I now KNOW I have means that when we get back to the UK and I switch over to mainly organic -I can order online and not be lured by "bargains" :D
Im going to get some more done late this afternoon -I think Im getting into the swing of it ;)

Wenchie -oooh yes, all my boxes have codes :giggle: -the boxes come with a list of rooms on top and you just tick 1 so they know where they go, but then on each I have my own code so like
AB/KIT1 -so its going in the attic bedroom but has kitchen stuff in and it the 1st box :giggle:
I have written it on each side as you can bet if I miss it off 1 side THAT will be the side facing out once stacked ;)
A lot of stuff is going to be left unpacked as we aren't sure if we are staying in the house- hubby has 6 months "gardening leave" during which time he is still in the army and paid fully-but not actually working so he can start looking for a new job -then by the end of the 6 months at the latest we should know whether we can afford to move somewhere with a bigger garden (so I can grow my veggies etc) or if we are staying in the house we can start knocking it about to suit...

I take it the medication has nasty side effects? -cor a month is a long time to leave it isn't it :eek: -hope you are on the mend soon my lovely..

Woohoo Elaine -nice to see you about, how are things diddling? (i really must catch up on everyones diaries :copon:

Well we are off soon for a game of badlingtonmondle :D -we were goinng to go swimming and then see if hubby felt up to badminton, but then I suggested we skip the swim in favour of badminton as A)-its free B)the pool will be busy as its nice and C)it burns more cals ;)

My plan is neutral so far today as I can't decide what I want for dinner yet? hubby is having fish, SW chippies n mushy peas -but I don't fancy it :confused:
so far today I have had:-
  • apple
    [*]frozen strawberries
    [*]frozen raspberries
    [*]blackcurrant quark
    [*]apple
  • 2 nimble (B)
    [*]tomato ketchup (1)
    [*]2 scrambled eggs
  • 250ml semi (A)
So thats 1A+B and 1 syn used and if I go red/green I will have my other A+B I will pop back later when I decide what I want....I wasn't even sure what to have for lunch so I went for good ole scrambled eggs -nice n light but nutritious :D

Right I had better go and get ready for
badminton-girl-female-badminton-smiley-emoticon-000240-large.gif
... be back later *now there's a threat*
Have a lovely afternoon all...

badminton-girl-female-badminton-smiley-emoticon-000240-large.gif

Went well -1.5hrs of hard slog -I swear we should have lost 1/2st just through sweating :p ....

ooooh and I do declare that my mommy is a genius :D - I was on about the faff I was going to have to go to to make sure all my yankee candles got home safe -when she suggested asking the naafi if they had any original packaging *der -why didn't I think of that?" :eek: -anyhoo I asked and they had some -so I grabbed 6 boxes (each one holds 6) and they have inners a bit like egg boxes for protection :clap: -so I have packed some up tonight :D and made a list of the others and I will keep popping back to see If I can get more :cross:. My list isn't quite as good/bad (depending how you look at it) as it could be -I have 93 brand new jars so as I boxed em I wrote what has gone in each one to save rummaging ;)
But Im not allowing myself to start any more until I have used some up :p -my mum got me a great gadget-its like a small hot plate that plugs into the mains and when the candles have burnt down to low or tunneled -you stick em on there and get to use up all the leftover smell ;)
I plan on getting some more sorting done tomorrow -Im on a roll :happy036:

ooh and I finally settled on hm wedges, steak and mushy peas for dinner and I had a rum choc-ice :D -so my EE day ended on 1A+B and 8 syns

ooh oooh and at the naafi they had packs of 8 Tesco tortilla wraps for 10c :eek: - now I prefer to make my own, but at that price they will come in whilst Im busy busy busy ;) -at 9syns each I know they aren't low but I can easily fit them into my plan as I rarely use many syns - So I grabbed 3 packs :giggle: -can't resist a good bargain can I :D

Right -enough yapping for now -I will get off and get to my bed...
Sleep well all....

Ohhh had an email from Matalan [you probably got it too] with some good bargins offered. Two floaty cardie thingys for £15 and 2 mens hoodies for £20 [this was a brill bargin as they're £18 each] would love to get son these but he hardly ever wears anything other than t-shirts/rugby shirts. Bought him one last year and he wore it maybe 3 times so still like new. They don't do em big enough for the hubster otherwise I'd get him some :sigh:. Oh must resist, must resist :rolleyes:

*snorts* - you know we could be twins... my spice/herb cupboard is a dangerous place because there's so much in it, things have a habit of falling out on my head :D

I need to dissolve the meds in water and they taste utterly revolting and make me nauseous for ages afterwards but they do seem to be improving things so I guess I'll live with it!

ooh! Your mum's a genius, I'd never have thought of that either! Perfect :D and the pluggy-inny things sounds incredibly useful. I shall be purchasing a new smell at the weekend , I'll let you know what I get :D

Good afternoon all

Late reporting in as I was at the DRs again this morning, then shopping and THEN *and can we have a fanfare* I have made a start on typing up my list of what I have in what box :D

Anyhoo - the Dr reckons that thing on my skin is looking like it is responding to the cream -so Im to carry on with it and if I notice any change, or its still there in 4 weeks to go back and they will lop it off and get it checked "just in case" ;).
My smear results aren't back yet, but the swabs showed I have too much of a healthy bacteria *go figure :confused:* even though I have no symptoms (that may explain the inflamed cervix it seems) :p -apparently Im an oddity as I have never had cystitis or thrush -again :confused:
So that just leaves the surgeons visit on Monday about my a** and then Im hopefully done :8855:
Bet you all love reading about my nether regions don't ya!!! :giggle:

Anyhoo here is my candle list *shhhhhhh*

YANKEE CANDLES

beautiful day 3
ocean blossom 1
vanilla lime 1
dune grass 4
cinnamon+sugar 2
sun+sand 3
cranberry chutney 4
island spa 1
pomegranite cider 3
mango peach salsa 2
mandarin cranberry 4
sparkling lemon 6
sage+citrus 3
cherry blossom 3
happy xmas 4
red apple wreath 2
lemon lavender 5
sandalwood 1
lilac blossom 3
water garden 6
willow breeze 2
orchard pear 2
beach walk 3
xmas eve 1
black cherry 3
home for the holidays 1
café au lait 1
lavender vanilla 2
home sweet home 2
garden sweetpea 3
fresh cut roses 1
strawberry buttercream 1
drift away 1
sandalwood vanila 1
midsummer night 1
midnight jasmine 5
clean cotton 2

STARTED

read apple wreath
gingerbread
cranberry chutney
silver bells
jack frost
mulling spices
xmas cookie
home sweet home
mulled wine
frosted pumpkin
midsummer night
black cherry
midnight jasmine
willow breeze
beach walk
vanilla lime
macintosh spice
juicy peach
orchard pear
sandalwood
strawberry buttercream
driftaway
island spa
xmas cookie
pomegranite cider
sandalwood vanilla
sweet strawberry
beautiful day
café au lait
ocean blossom
fresh cut roses

and b*gger my ole boots if they haven't changed what is on promotion and there are a couple of fragrance I don't have *how rude* -so we *may* have to acquire some :D

Well then today is turning out to be a green day -with a twist :p
  • 1 apple
    [*]2 peaches
  • 1 wrap (9)
    [*]2 cheese triangles (partA)
    [*]red onion
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]tickled beetroot
  • more peaches/nectarines
  • jacket potato
    [*]cottage cheese
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]peppers
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]onions
  • water melon
  • 250ml semi(A)
  • 150ml semi (partA)
I did the cheese spread n onion wrap on teh grill machine and it was scrummy .. now then as you can see I have used 2A and 9syns but NO heBs -BUT I can't see any need for any as I had a wrap for lunch and spuddlies for dinner... so I know its naughty but well it will do -Im sure it won't stop the world from spinning :p -ooh and a thought is that if I fancy it I could always use my 2Bs for feta/cheddar later instead of cottage cheese ..hmmm although I like cottage -so we will see :giggle:

TakeItEazy - favoritism!!!! I didn't get an email from matalan -how rude ;)
What size does hubby need? and is he a shorty pants? only I got hubby some jeans and trousers in the 1st lot of sale stuff and they are way to big (and I never got around to sending them back :eek:) I can check the size but I know he has ickle legs :p
Wenchie -
Those meds sould vile -but if it takes away the pain it will be worth it...
I got loads of small shallow tubs for most of my herbs-you can get sooo many more in your cupboard -I just wrote on one side in marker pen...I hate those jars they come in as they always throw themselves at me when I open a door *hmmm* mind all my cupboards, freezers, fridges seem to do it :confused: -perhaps there is a clue there :p
I can't believe that I didn't think of asking for the original boxes for the candles before :eek: -ooh oooh and whilst I was sorting I remembered the name of some of my other faves:-
mandarin cranberry is particularly yummy as are red apple wreath, fresh cut roses and sweetpea :D
Hope you find something nice!!!

Right folks Im off for a cold shower as it is ruddy scorching here..
Have a lovely evening all and keep up the great work!!

My hubby is a big lad, I always describe him as 6 foot tall and 6 foot wide :eek: naughty I know but funny :8855:. Hes a 3XL on top and 44" waist, not sure of inside leg. I try so hard to give him sw friendly meals of an evening but its what he eats when at work thats the problem. Oh well I can only do so much, the rest is up to him.
Can't believe how many candles you have, thought my mum hoarded a few but you take some beating :8855:.

Loving your candle list;) bet your place smells lovely:) I think my favourite is still fresh cut roses although coming close cottage breeze and blueberry scone.Well done to your mum with coming up with the idea of the packing!! Good news that the mark on your skin is responding to the cream hun:).Agh we could so do with some of your sunshine over here!! send some over please .Have a lovely evening:)xx

Hi Capricorn x

I'm glad the doctor is pleased about your skin problem hunni xx Hope everything else is sorted just as easily for you xx

*scuttling in very late*
woohoo ladies -sorry Im late -have been having a busy day getting more boxing up done and lists typed up :D -Im begining to feel like Im actually making headway with it all :bliss: -although Im under NO illusion that Im anywhere near done -still LOADS to pack and thats before I venture back into the loft *gulp*

Anyhoo -2lbs off for me this morning :happy036: -me thinks it may have something to do with all the humpin n dumpin Im doing :giggle:

Nothing much exciting happening here today -ooh apart from having got a new fragrance for my collection "creamy caramel" -so I have 2 in my haul now :p. At the hospital tomorrow *oh deep joy* :rolleyes: -so I will be glad when that faff has been finished - then I can get on with getting sorted!!

TakeItEazy -I must confess to having got slightly carried away with the candles but I only get them when they are on promotion :D, I need to get my perfumes stocked up and hubbies whiskey collection now ;)

Surreygal -I haven't got blueberry scone :cry: -how wude!!! I tend to like the "foody" smells.
Do you have the sunshine now? only we keep getting storms -but they don't seem to clear the air at all :confused:

Nicki. the questionwith the candles is "why not?" :p-its one of my guilty pleasures (note I say *1*:eek:) -they are so much cheaper here when on offer plus when I think about it most of them have been got with hubbies slot machine winnings -so "technically" I haven't paid for them :p
IM getting super organised with the packing as the kitchen in our house is soooooooooo tiny that probably 95% of my kitchen gear is going in the attic bedroom until we decide if we are moving and if not then I will be whacking the back room and kitchen into 1 big dining kitchen -so I need to make sure I can find the essentials without any faff ;)

Hi Dawny -hopefully tomorrow the surgeon will just send me away :cross: -well a girl can dream :p at the moment my "ailment" is behaving itself -typical really -its like when I decide to cut my hair -the day before my hair looks amazing -then if I decide not to bother I look like wurzle gummidge again :doh:

Right -just a quick-ish one from me..will get off and veg out and report back when Im back from hospital tomorrow
Have a good evening all....

Well done lovely lady. Just 4 more pounds and you'll have lost as much as you weigh :D

Rather you than me packing up house. I am wanting to move in the next couple of years but the thought of putting everything in boxes is enough to make me stay here forever :p

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow x

Well done on loss Capricorn!

I didn't have a clue what you were talking about when discussing Yankee candles?!? Anyway I looked on eBay to see.......

Oops! I ordered a burner and 5 tarts - the food & spice pack?!

I'll pass hubby your number when he's whinging about the smell/cost :D

Do you find men never appreciate smells or incense?!? Instead whinge about it getting up their nose/in their throat/on their chest........or is it just mine?!

Good luck with the rest of the packing, although rather you than me! xx

Well done Capricorn & good luck for tomorrow!

I've got a big sun & sand jar on the go at the mo and then vanilla cupcake when that's done. I love them all!

Just wishing you lots of luck at the hospital tomorrow xx

Well done on the loss Capricorn - we weigh exactly the same at the moment! I was overjoyed to finally get into the 11s, so I hope you're enjoying the feeling too - how amazing are we?!

Your candle list is even longer then mine.. Mind you, I buy lots and then don't use them, as I don't want to use them up! How silly is that?!

Woo Hoo! Well done on another 2 lbs off - that's fantastic.

I went for the Red Apple Wreath in the end - it's totally gorgeous and exactly right, thank you for suggesting it :D

Good idea on swapping the herb/spice tubs - they are very annoying sizes, definitely, and I've already got a selection of different containers from when I buy them from the "ethnic" section or chinese supermarket, etc, in wee packets (so much better and so much cheaper).

I hope the hospital went well for you.

Well done again

Great work again Capricorn. 2 lbs at this stage when you have so little to lse is wonderful! Glad your skin thingy is responding to the cream. I was reading your post last week & is sounded very like something I had on my arm so went to the docs & he cut it out last week and has sent off to the lab to check.

Blimey, I think you have more stock of candles than my local Yankee shop. Got myself the freshly cut roses last week for my boudoir ;) just love it! Hope all goes well for you today at surgeon's. xx

Back