Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good evening lovely ladies,

Sorry for the cryptic "hello" yesterday -db's laptop was playing silly b*ggers and I gave up before I hurled it out of the window :p
Anyhoo-here I am with an update, On the housy front, I now have just a little glossing to do, the new carpets are down and the curtain poles n curtains are up :happy036:so apart from a bit of titivating Im now just waiting for the removals to be sorted. Hubby got back from his course yesterday evening and is back to Germany on Monday afternoon, only for about 2 weeks and then he will be back for good and we can move into our nice clean house :D.
On the "bumpsy doodle" front well what a surprise we got there.... I saw the midwife last week for my booking in appointment and she declared that she thought I was about 10 weeks -going on the "kidneybean" I saw on the mri and the fact she couldn't feel him/her etc -so she booked me a dating scan which I had on Thursday, I lay on the bed and the nurse asked how far along I was and I explained what the midwife had said and as bump appeared on the screen she declared "you aren't 10 weeks - not with a head THAT size" :rotflmao: now I initially thought "how wude" but then when she measured everything it turns out Im actually 18 weeks :eek:(which does work out to the last time i had a period -to the day-but I didn't think it was accurate as my cycle is a mess) -so I totally missed the first 13 weeks :p and have had no nausea or anything-in fact I feel bloody marvelous -although I don't often make it past 10pm -and often Im in bed by 8:30 :p. On the down side it means I had missed the window to have one of the tests for downs (the one where the measure the fat on the back of babies neck), but hey ho -this bump has fought hard to get here and survived yours truely humpin n dumpin about 100 boxes etc -so he/she must be a tough cookie :D. So I only have to wait until the 14th Dec for the anomaly scan -I have put it off a few days so hubby will be there for it.
So, so far, so good -We are nearly half way there, so Im feeling a little more confident...
Bump was jigging about merrily until it came to photo time and then amazingly he curled over into the exact same position I normally sleep in -part on my front, part on my side with one leg pulled up :p

On the SW front I have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks which Im happy with -it means Im 6.5lb lighter than when I found out I was expecting 5 weeks ago :D, Im finding myself very rarely snacking -my day is pretty much :-
2 wholemeal granary toast
baked beans
orange juice
--------------
couple of plums, nana, orange juice, 4 walnuts/brazils or something similar
--------------
mass of dark green cabbage and brussels -nomnomnom
piece of fish or something (Im of meat pretty much
more orange juice
---------------
500ml semi
and a snacky of some kind..

so even though Im not eating masses -at least its the good stuff... I really don't fancy choc etc ....oooh although once a week I do give into a tray of chips n curry sauce from the freezer shop..tis my guilty pleasure :whistle: and I don't even like curry sauce hehehe.
Hopefully now I will have a bit more time to keep upto date with you all.....
Hope you are all well and having a lovely weekend,,,,

:eek: 18weeks, wowwwee! Thats certainly a way to miss the anxiety of early pregs. Congrats hunni, i'm so happy for you! Are you going to find out the sex or let it be a surprise? Oh and super cute on the sleeping, If that happens to me, mine will be starfished in the middle of the womb :rotflmao:x

Good to see you back :bighug: big hugs to you and the jellybean xxxx

It's so good to hear from you and that everything is going well!

18 weeks gone eh? That's fabulous stage of pregnancy ... you'll be blooming for the next 3 months!

Do you realise you said "he" in your post?? Did you find out?????

Awww nice to see you cap! 18 weeks is fantastic!! Well done you two!

What's your actual due date then? A spring baby I'm guessing?

How lovely for you, and well done on doing so much in the house! It'll be back to being 'home' before you know it!

Look after yourself xxx

Good to 'hear' from you Capricorn, was getting itchy fingers to bug MrC for info :D
Great to hear everythings going well, 18 weeks is amazing. Little one will be here before you know it :D

Won't bore you with all my doom & gloom [if you've been near facebook you may have seen already] just to say its made a nice change to hear some fantastic & happy news after all thats gone on recently.
Good luck with the coming months x x x x

Good evening all,

Another sts for me this week ;).....
Nicki. We aren't sure yet about finding out boy/girl -we really don't care as long as its ok, it will only be for the usual practical reasons if we find out -so yours truely can keep an eye out for bargains. Although as I was foolish enough to tell hubby he could pick a boys name (what was I thinking:eek:)... perhaps a girl would be safer :p. I have managed to swerve him away from a few disaters names so far and he has settled so far on Charlie... I have settled on Amelia or freya .. most likely Amelia/milly.
Don't give up hope my lovely we have been trying for 9 years -I was heavier than you when I started SW and I bet Im a fair bit older too....

Ali* -nope I just called him HE so I don't have to say it/thing etc :p. I do think it will be a boy-though I have no reason why :confused:. So far I have romped through it-although perhaps not knowing for the first 13 weeks helped :D. I realised earlier that when I first fell pregnant it was when I was doing all that swimming, walking, badmington etc -so Im wondering if all that was why I had no inkling.
MrsS - my date is the 19th April -so no lumbering through a hot summer with puffy ankles etc :D, hopefully I will be back into some of my summer stuff by the time summer arrives-well depending how much I gain between now and April.
Hiya TakeIteazy, sorry you are having a bad time my lovely -I haven't been on Facebook of anything for ages so Im not up on what is happening but I hope things improve for you soon

Hubby is back of to Germany tomorrow afternoon :cry:but will be back by the 8th at the latest, so not too long to go... then we plan on getting lots of bits n bobs done -putting up shelves etc before he finds a new job...so hopefully I will be ridiculously organised before bump arrives, I inten filling the freezer with home made sw suitable dishes etc..

Well I will get off again ....hope everyone is ok .... have a lovely week all,,,,

Good evening all,

Another sts for me this week ;).....
Nicki. We aren't sure yet about finding out boy/girl -we really don't care as long as its ok, it will only be for the usual practical reasons if we find out -so yours truely can keep an eye out for bargains. Although as I was foolish enough to tell hubby he could pick a boys name (what was I thinking:eek:)... perhaps a girl would be safer :p. I have managed to swerve him away from a few disaters names so far and he has settled so far on Charlie... I have settled on Amelia or freya .. most likely Amelia/milly.
Don't give up hope my lovely we have been trying for 9 years -I was heavier than you when I started SW and I bet Im a fair bit older too....

Haha that was brave of you, although Charlie is an adorable name, Amelia is also a fav, If i let hubbs pick it would end up being something football related, like Arsene :eek: I always said I'd want to know just so i could plan colours and outfits :D but not tell anyone, so its a secret between me and hubbs. We've (I've) taken out of the equation for the next year or so, concentrate on me for a bit and spoiling other peoples little ones around at the mo xx

Evening Capricorn :wavey:

It's so lovely to have you back!

And to hear everything is going so well for you is a massive boost to us all!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Lots of love xxx :bighug:

Hi Capricorn!!!!

Lovely to have you back and big congrats on your pregnancy. Do you know, a couple of times I wondered if you were pregnant, but I never said anything cos you'd never mentioned if you wanted children so I didn't want to put my foot in it! It was just a couple of things you said that made me think it, but I kept stumm!

My weight is atrocious. I've put on half a stone since I came back from my holiday at the beginning of September. Some of it is because I've had to spend a lot of time in London; some of it is because we finally moved house, closely followed by another exam and I had to focus on that. Luckily, I passed this exam first time, which was a great relief!! Only 2 more to go now. I dunno how I'm gonna cope in January - I have to spend 3 weeks in London!!

Congrats once again and take care of yourself,

KTF and lots of love, Trace xxx

Congratulations xxx

Aww lovely to hear from you:) have been thinking about you.Great to hear everything is going well. Wow, 18 weeks exciting:).xxx

Hi Capricorn!!! I went to the last page of your diary and saw some mention of a foreign bean in your body! So have flicked back pages and pages and pages to read your first mention of said bean and just like most of the others on here, I am shedding a tear or two while reading!!! So so so so so so so so SOOOOO happy for you and hubby! I pray your baby is lovely and safe in mummy's tummy till April, then I suggest he be attacked by camera flashes - upload all pics on here!!! - and then what comes next, comes next :) Ooooooh I'm so excited!

Lots of love,

A
xxx

10st10lbs said:
Hi Capricorn!!! I went to the last page of your diary and saw some mention of a foreign bean in your body! So have flicked back pages and pages and pages to read your first mention of said bean and just like most of the others on here, I am shedding a tear or two while reading!!! So so so so so so so so SOOOOO happy for you and hubby! I pray your baby is lovely and safe in mummy's tummy till April, then I suggest he be attacked by camera flashes - upload all pics on here!!! - and then what comes next, comes next :) Ooooooh I'm so excited!

Lots of love,

A
xxx

I like the idea of baby pictures. Not promising I won't cry at the pictures though.

Glad everything is going well Capricorn and hope the rest of the move goes nice and easy.

Xx

Good evening all

oooh I am a slack alice...haven't been on for ages -but "normal" service should resume in a couple of weeks, the removals are arriving a week tomorrow and hubby arrives the day after :bliss:-then he will get the tinternet etc sorted and hopefully it won't take us long to get sorted -the house has been decorated from top to bottom so everything is now nice n clean.
I managed another sts this week :D, although I think Im losing n bumpsydoodle is gaining as even though my weight isn't going up my bump certainly is starting to show (although only when undressed so far).
I had a minor melt down last week -the midwife appeared to tell me that my tripple blood test had come back that I was at higher risk of having a baby with downs -apparently they like it to be no higher than 1:150 and mine came back at 1:120, so I have a 2hr wobble fit -then I took me n bump off to bed, where we had a conversation (he is very good at listening :p) -by the time I went to sleep I had decided that if I had an amnio test I had a 1:100 chance of killing bumpsy -yet he only has a 1:120 chance of having downs -so I decided that there was no way they were touching him :nono:. I went to the appointment the day after but only to let her know that I wasn't wanting anything else doing -she also pointed out that if they were just using my age to gauge my chance of a downs baby it would be 1:90 -so in theory Im less at risk and thats not allowing for false positive readings etc ...and anyhoo me n hubby come from strong ole stock and my diet, fitness etc are great so I have decided my little chicken is fine. I have the anomaly scan on the 13th when they will do the usual check to see his organs etc are ok -if we get bad news then, then we will deal with it ...but Im sure he is tickity boo, and very happy where he is, and me -well I feel bloody wonderful - no nausea, aches etc.... I feel in fine fettle ...lets hope it lasts ehhh.... Im 20 weeks on Thursday -so we are half way there :D
Don't worry folks there will be plenty of photos once he/she arrives I will probably be one of those mums that photographs every last burp, trump etc :p

I must admit that I keep hanging my nose over baby things -if hubby doesn't get back soon I will have spent all his pension.... luckily only in theory so far :p, we have said that until the next scan and we get past new year (I will be 24 weeks then so if anything happens they will try their hardest to save him) Im not buying anything -but then ...well ...stand back and watch me go :D.... ooooh although it would be nice if they didn't put ears on all the suits, hats etc.... I AM NOT putting ears on my baby :eek:...
Im sure folks will think Im an old fart -but I love to see babies dressed as babies not in jeans n trainers... bumpsy isn't having ANY shoes until he is learning to toddle..cor I am an old fart :p
Nothing much else to report here right now.... another hour or so and we will be off to bed... I don't half sleep a lot at the moment :eek:..
I hope everyone is well -I promise to catch up once our internet is up n running.....
Take care everyone and thankyou for being so lovely :553:
night night lovelies...

Hi Capricorn!!! Lovely to hear from you and it's great you're sounding so positive!!

My weight is still atrocious. It was my birthday yesterday and I started celebrating on Saturday evening, although it's all a bit hazy ............... Apparently I was singing along to the tv when we got home, but I can't remember a thing!! I'm still doing Zumba and they all sang Happy Birthday to me last night, led by the teacher, which was very sweet of her!

Make sure it's not too long to your next update, cos I worry about you when you're out of touch!!

Take care and KTF, lots of love, Trace xxx

p.s. If you have a boy, will you call him Jon? ;-)

That blood test thingy isn't ummmm actually that reliable if you're not exactly a spring chicken you know.... I was 37 when I had the pest and didn't actually bother with it due to it not being useful at my age. The pest is now 7 and seems to be fine - his only defect so far is being unable to stop talking unless he is eating or sleeping. The not talking while eating nearly kills him too, pmsl.

Congratulations on your own inner alien by the way xxx

That blood test thingy isn't ummmm actually that reliable if you're not exactly a spring chicken you know.... I was 37 when I had the pest and didn't actually bother with it due to it not being useful at my age. The pest is now 7 and seems to be fine - his only defect so far is being unable to stop talking unless he is eating or sleeping. The not talking while eating nearly kills him too, pmsl.

Congratulations on your own inner alien by the way xxx

I was 37 as well when I had my pest, she's 10 now and she is the queen of chatterboxes. I wonder if there is a direct link between being older mums and the amount they talk. If so, there should be warnings!! :eek: :D

I didn't have the amnio-thingummybobby as I decided whatever happened she was my baby and I wasn't going to take any risks. Since the whole pregnancy thing was a bit of a surprise to me, it was really at that point when I got all protective, that I realised that I really was happy to be pregnant! I will say that without a shadow of doubt, she is the best thing that ever happened to me. Even if she won't shut up :p

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee Im back in the civilised world -virgin media have just left -so now we are all hooked up TV, phone and tinternet :D. Thought I would pop back here straight away and "try" and catch myself up ....
So then -we are at last in the house -the removals arrived last Thursday and we now have the living, dining room, kitchen bathroom and bedroom pretty liveable -Don't ask about the spare bedroom and attic bedroom we have 1 or 2 boxes in there :whistle: -luckily as I packed most of them we know exactly what is in what box... and Im sure we might have the attic room empty by the time bumpsy doodle wants to sleep there (about 6 or 7 years) :rotflmao:.
On the SW front Im still doing the ole STS -so Im still 6.5lbs lighter than when I found out I was expecting.. not sure how exactly as even though Im being sensible Im not EXACTLY counting everything so I can only guess that I have learnt to naturally eat balanced.. Bumpy is getting bigger so I must be losng weight from somewhere else :p.
On bumpsy news -well we tootled off for our anomoly scan on Tuesday -I was half expecting problems or for baby to at least be small as the other ladies who were there for the same thing (so about 20 weeks gone) were HUGE -they all looked full term.. I looked down at my "bump" and thought I looked like an imposter :eek:. They were bigger framed than me and had mahoosive bumps :confused:-anyhoo we tootled in and there was bumpy and everything was fine and he is smack bang on size for his age (22 weeks):bliss:-oooh and its a good job I kept calling them HE as it is indeedy a boy :D-not that we cared as long as he is ok..we have a great pic of his face in profile and he has the cutest button nose :D.
I have been to see the consultant today as a combination of my age and my head problem and they are getting me to see the anethetist with a view to me having a C-section but they aren't definite yet. oooh plus because Im under the consultant I get another scan in 6 weeks and more after that just so they can keep an eye on him... even though he agreed I appear to be romping through my pregnancy :character00115:. The only ailment I have is that my right hip aches in bed... but if thats as bad as it gets -I can cope ;).
We are planning a seriously chilled xmas -luckily everyone understands that we have enough on with moving etc .. but I will make up for it next year-I will be back to making all the mince meat, pies, puds and cakes etc.... this year we are hibernating :D.
Hopefully now that we are back on line I will be able to get back to posting more regularly -well in between unpacking boxes etc ;). Who knows -by new year I may have caught up with you all :eek:
Trace -I hope you are all set for xmas my lovely, and well its only normal to gain a few pounds over your birthday ;) (I have to say that as its mine next week :p). Im affraid bump won't be Jon as we already have a John in the family :rolleyes: -as yet it looks like being Charlie -1 of the few of hubbies choices I could live with *don't ask* :eek:. Although it could be that we see him and decide he isn't a Charlie.....
Janiegs/Ozzie.... thankyou so much, I know you are both right -we have waited 9 years for this baby and as such I am seriously protective and just couldn't concider an amnio - even though I always thought I would take all tests offered. Bumpy has fought hard to get here and I just know he will be fine and loved regardless.

Right ladies I really must get off and get a drink and then get a bit more done *boo hiss* ...
I will try and be back over the weekend...
Have a great evening all and keep at it,,,,, santa is nearly here :D

Back