Step 1 Sole Source + Baby - I'm Back

Not allowed a weigh in. Consultant said Cambridge have told everyone not to do any weigh ins or face to face contact. Was told to measure, which is quite hard to do on yourself and dunno if measured in the same place. Feel despondent today. Its going to suck having do this diet alone with no proper consultation indefinitely. Its hard enough as it is!!

Current: Bust 43, Waist 44, Hips 51, Arm 16, Thigh 26
Start: Bust 48, Waist 47 1/2, Hips 54, Arm 16, Thigh 26

Inch loss week one = 11 and a half. Not bad. This might change if I measured badly.
pic.jpg

Last edited:
Well done. Did you say you don't own a pair of scales?

Thanks. How was your weigh in? No, I don't have any! I thought today I might get one but I actually might not get one at all and only be weighed at the end. I might just go by measurements and learning how my body feels at each place and deciding where I feel the happiest rather than going by a number on scale...

ponder ponder ponder

Yes I was happy - 1.8kg off. That's over 10kg now thanks to Cambridge Diet. If it was me I would definitely want to have a set of scales. I find measurements are a little bit all over the place!

Hi!! I'm not doing CD but Exante but it's the same principle so I figured I'd join in here too as the forums are so quiet. I've done these kinds of diets loads of times but never stuck to them, partly due to getting pregnant several times, partly because I am weak. Have the tetras gone completely from CD? I liked those. Exante doesn't have them. I'm on day 1 today-I've been ill for over a month and hospitalised twice so not planning on leaving the house for a while, so I figured this would be an ideal time to get on with it. The older kids have been doing the cooking so I don't need to worry about that and I just have to avoid the snacks. I'm sleeping a lot anyway because I'm so tired and still recovering from flu/covid(I suspect I had both as I was ill twice and the flu test was negative the first time and positive a month later). I am planning to not wear my jeans for a month and then try them on and see how they fit. They were getting a little tight...

Hey there, good to meet you Bluebell. Well done on your loss, Ben!! Nice work :)

I've never heard of exante before, will have to Google. Tetra's gone for good I think yeah. Shame! Make sure if you're not feeling well that you're starting at the right time. They know so little about that virus and I know the CD advice is step 3 or above if you're I'll with it. Not sure for your diet. Just stay safe :) sorry you've had such a terrible time of late but glad you've got supportive sounding family :)

Hey there, good to meet you Bluebell. Well done on your loss, Ben!! Nice work :)

I've never heard of exante before, will have to Google. Tetra's gone for good I think yeah. Shame! Make sure if you're not feeling well that you're starting at the right time. They know so little about that virus and I know the CD advice is step 3 or above if you're I'll with it. Not sure for your diet. Just stay safe :) sorry you've had such a terrible time of late but glad you've got supportive sounding family :)
Honestly I really think I already had it-I had all the symptoms. I am hugely overweight and that is a risk factor in itself, and I can't be trusted with food...I never feel full and can easily eat 2 huge portions of dinner and still want more, so I really need to do it this way to reset my body as it were. Exante is just a cheaper version of CD tbh and obviously you don't get the consultant support. That's my downfall-not having the support. The kids are great but if I am tempted they won't stop me LOL

It's definitely harder doing it with kids around isn't it. This is the first time I've done it since having my daughter and having to do her food is a challenge, but I've learned how much extra I ate just because she didn't finish dinner or because I picked at stuff when making it and so on!

Good luck with day one. Look after yourself whatever way feels right to you. How's it going so far

It's definitely harder doing it with kids around isn't it. This is the first time I've done it since having my daughter and having to do her food is a challenge, but I've learned how much extra I ate just because she didn't finish dinner or because I picked at stuff when making it and so on!

Good luck with day one. Look after yourself whatever way feels right to you. How's it going so far
It's sooooo much harder with kids.... Day 1 is going OK...the only problem I'm having is the water-I've been advised to have boiled water rather than tap water(as my white blood cells were low) and I keep forgetting to boil enough water and let it cool as I don't have a jug with a lid. I've ordered one off Amazon so hoping that comes tomorrow. I can't afford to be drinking bottled water.

Water can be a bigggg challenge. Can you just fill loads of mugs/cups up until tomorrow rather than putting it in a jug? Most be a faff having to boil. Would a Brita filter achieve the same thing? Not sure what the boiling is meant to do in relation to the blood cells so just random suggestion lol

Just had a look at exante. Looks good. Does it work the same as cd and you are in ketosis in bottom step?

Water can be a bigggg challenge. Can you just fill loads of mugs/cups up until tomorrow rather than putting it in a jug? Most be a faff having to boil. Would a Brita filter achieve the same thing? Not sure what the boiling is meant to do in relation to the blood cells so just random suggestion lol

Just had a look at exante. Looks good. Does it work the same as cd and you are in ketosis in bottom step?
I have cats so it would need to be covered somehow or they will just drink it/get fur in it etc. Brita filter gets rid of chemicals and limescale. The boiling is meant to remove any bugs that normally we cope with, but with an immune system that is coping with something already it's best to boil it. They gave me boiled water in hospital rather than straight tap water.
Yes Exante works the same way(actually slightly better as the carbs are lower-works more like the old style CD used to-I didn't go into ketosis on the new style CD but I always do on exante)

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah that's not a great solution then haha!

Interesting! I might switch to that perhaps. I've never needed a consultant, I often end up helping them with their life crises rather than needing any motivation from them haha. What are the products like? This is my first time on this new version of CD. I think I was going in and out of ketosis a bit at first, but it might just be that I had my period and I remember that making me feel weird before. We shall see, I guess. I'm never hungry so I'm assuming I'm in it cause it's definitely not enough food to feel full all the time 😂

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah that's not a great solution then haha!

Interesting! I might switch to that perhaps. I've never needed a consultant, I often end up helping them with their life crises rather than needing any motivation from them haha. What are the products like? This is my first time on this new version of CD. I think I was going in and out of ketosis a bit at first, but it might just be that I had my period and I remember that making me feel weird before. We shall see, I guess. I'm never hungry so I'm assuming I'm in it cause it's definitely not enough food to feel full all the time 😂
I really like the shakes-the meals not so much, the soups are so-so. But I have a sweet tooth. I don't buy the bars though because I will scoff the lot in one go. Just call me piggy.

What are they like compared to the Cambridge things though? Are they on par or better or worse?
I think they're about the same tbh. Definitely not worse.

Cool..might be worth a try. Can you order just a couple to try or do you have to order loads?
It works out cheaper to order loads but you can order just a few things to try. They do a 2 week box which is 39.99 but I just get the offers with the best savings LOL

Hello! Blimey, I go to work for a day and come back to lots of posts. Welcome here Blubell_. I'll respond more a bit later to you both but yes, I know Exante as my friend did this one.

Hello! Blimey, I go to work for a day and come back to lots of posts. Welcome here Blubell_. I'll respond more a bit later to you both but yes, I know Exante as my friend did this one.
Posting a lot helps keep me on the straight and narrow...and as we're all stuck at home I will post a lot LOL

Back