baby keeps biting me :(

amethyst

Banned
is this normal? she only 17 mnths...

dont recall my 9 yr old doing it?

really hurts.. chases me and bites me!! she has all her teeth (bar a few)

OUCH :cry:

My littun used to do this when she was about 2, my mothers advice to me..."bite her back"! *Kelly ducks away from the oncoming tellings off*

I agree with you kelly!

i dont even see her coming its only when she in a bad mood and peed with me friggin sore though esp the boobies!!!!!!!!!!

omg i will bite her back i think!! cheeky thing..

wont pinch her back though prob have ss on my back lol least with biting i can blame the chickens... pmsl

I did it back to my little girl and when she realised the rules of the game had changed and it was hurting her to she just stopped.

Oh you poor thing. (But honestly I'm sat here chucking as I have images of you running away from a gnashing toddler!)
Seriously, I know what it is like, I have a very....determined little boy, he's now 2 1/2 and has settled now that he can communicate effectively.
I think that you need to be clear and set boundaries. Let her know that you are displeased with her when she does this...by offering no attention - negative even as children can thrive on any attention.
It is totally normal for a toddler to find a way of being dominant. If she finds that it is ineffective she will probably stop doing it.
Best of luck.
Ceri

Did you put her on the diet too lol, come on get her some food lol

its mainly when i am ignoring her, and she also throws her ball at me.. bless her..

off to play with her for a bit now, she really is digging deep into my arm!!

When my daughter started doing this (at around 9 months :rolleyes:) i used to take her & set her away from me. Then i got down to her level, put on my crossest face and my sternest voice & told her what she had done wrong & why. Then i walked away & ignored her for a bit. She had stopped doing it withtin a week. Sometimes i think the more reaction they get the more they play on it. Its a reaction they want after all, thats why they do it. So if we give them that reaction all they've learnt is by doing whatever it was, biting, hitting, nipping, or whatever action it may be, that they've succeeded. So in their heads, next time, to get a reaction they will think that its a good idea to do the same thing again. As Ceri said, negative attention will often just perpetuate the behaviour you want to stop.

Good luck!

Back