baby shower..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi girls and boys!

So, im throwing my bessie friend ever a suprise baby shower.. Im very excited and she has no idea :D

Its not quite as popular over here as it is in america, but iv been to a few.. (have a few south african friends and its quite a big thing there too) and they'r so much fun! So iv gathered a few ideas and started getting things together.. but i wandered if you had any ideas??

so far i have ordered balloons.. i gaint baby sat on a pink moon, and then 12 balloons in a mixture of yellow and pink for each guest to take one home with them.
iv nicked her scan photos and had them photo copy'd and iv fashioned them into thank you cards. .
im concidering making some truffles for them to take home each as i have celophane and ribbons to wrap them in.
Iv sorted some games:
baby bingo
baby scrabble
finish the nursery rhyme
pin the dummy on the baby
and guess the amount of sweets in the jar!

and iv asked everyone to bring a variety of cake.. so it'l be like an afternoon tea party too. . with lots of cake! which i hope to avoid by making a gaint fruit salad and eating a massive sunday roast before hand (its at 2:30pm next sunday)

But now im kind of like.. what else can i do.. dont want to spend much more money...

any one got any ideas?!

xx

I think that's enough, what a great mate you are, she'll love it. I only had a small baby shower with about 4 friends and we just went for lunch. In my honest opinion it was just lovely to be with my friends so I'm sure you've organised plenty.

Your friend will absolutely love it XX

I think i'm just nervous cos' her soon to be inlaws will be meeting her family for the first time (well the female side) and there two girls who i know shes quite close too who iv never met who'v invited, aswell as just her general family and my family who she gets on with aswell, so although there is 12 coming, they'r all very close family and friends, no others. I didnt want to throw her a massive massive thing cos quite frankly we dont know or like enough people to invite haha.

I hope iv done enough to keep everyone entertained and chatting!

eeek. . i cant wait to see her face.. iv told her im taking her somewhere posh so she has to put make up on (shes the same as me.. no need, no wear lol) but she'd be right miffed if she was caught without any when there gunna be cameras about!
She hasnt a clue! everyones in on it though :D

Your friend & her family will love it, trust me. Don't do too much as it'll end up tacky, what've u've planned so far is perfect. Don't worry they'll all chat, get wine in, that always works lol

It'll be brill x

i went to a baby shower and all the guest bought a baby/toddler photo of themselves, these were then all put up on the back of a door and the other guests had to guess who was who - very funny!!! xxx

i did see that game ellebear, on the same webbysite i found the others.. I did think it'd be quite good! but iv organised so much, i wonder if it will be too much if i add anything else like bigbear said? x

to be honest - its a little game that people can play through the shower, and then at the end the person who has guessed the most wins a prize, so it doesnt take much time.

I think you are a very lovely chum to have set all this up for the wife! x

Back