Baby steps loosing the weight slowly with SW

jules1981

Gold Member
I just keep yo-yoing with my weight loosing the same 1 and a half stone then gaining again. So time to give SW a proper try.

I cant afford the classed but have the books and info and with minimes hope I am going in the right direction.

I am on a high dose of antidepressant and unfortunately back on a mood stabilizer that has helped me gain 5 stone in 9 months, but being on them is better than off them right now.

I have a 20 month old son and a hubby that will eat anything-bar salmon, so looking forward to making lots of healthy meals.

Any advice welcome as feel its going to take some getting my head round this agin.

I aws 22 stone at the end of july, today I am 21.6 I have a LONG LONG LONG wayyyyyy to go.....

Slimming world day 1 red

B- 2 massive toms (S) and 2 x scrambled eggs with coffee

Healthy extra a 350 mls skimmed milk

L- 3 x sesame seed ryvita (healthy extra b) lettuce (S) cucumber (s) and celery (s) and salmon

Pear( S) and strawberries (s) with fat free yog

green tea

babybel cheese-1/3 of health extra a

T-Beef, sweet pot (health extra b-I think!) and baby sweetcorn (s)

Banana

Curly wurly-6 syns/15

Hot choc for later-need to check syns!

Hi Jules. I'm new myself so hopefully we can help each other. I started two weeks ago and seem to be doing mainly green days as I perfer pasta, potatoes etc. I lost 4lbs the first week but only one this week, so I'm hoping I'm doing it correct, as many say I can't believe that I will lose weight eating so many carbs but I'll see how I go this week. I'm also doing it from home so really counting on this forum to tell me if I am going wrong

I've started a diary on here, so would appreciate it if you could subscribe to that and we can try to keep an eye on each others and hopefully both be success ful http ://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/329666-3-months-till-skiing-hope-its-not-slippery-slope-im.html

Off to find you :) xxx

ok so reading another thread think sweet pot may not be a HE b-i though cause normal pots were it would be-I ahve a LOT to learn, on red day but 1.5 syn, but not sure how much for-It was 240 raw weight Hmm, even if it is still within synns.

Hot chco 2 syns

french fry crisps 4.5

plus other syns 14 ish/15 today :)

Last edited:
I've just had a hot choc too lol. My son bought me a krispy Kreme donut today, and its sitting on the kitchen counter calling me, but I am still resisting - think I might freeze it for a day when I haven't had any other syns

Do you know I have NEVER had one of them donuts! They always look lovely but am not a doughnut fan! Hubby is though. sweet your son got you one.

I had a highlight hot choc was yummy Nomnom!

Day 2 red day

B-banana and satsuma (s)

350mls skimmed milks for tea and coffee (HEA)

Last edited:
L- 2 x bread ( heb a x2) babybell light cheese x3 ( hea) lots of cherry tomatoes(s) with 2 slice chicken (ff) and marmite

Diet coke
Xxxx

2 x plums and a hard boiled egg-i was hungry while cooking tea-better than normally eating biscuits.

Green tea

Chicken breast with katsu curry sauce(think all the ingredients were free!) I used my 2 HEB so couldn't do the bread crumbs. With cauliflower rice (s) and mushrooms (s) and green beans (s)

Will have a curly wurly tonight so thats 6 sysn, darnk lots of water today too.

xxx

15 syns on chocolate! Not the healthiest end to a day! used the rest of my milk on a a coffee. xxx

Hi Jules, just having a nose at your diary. I'm on my second week back at SW after about 3 yrs off!

Good luck sounds like you're doing really well. I've got a diary on here too if you want a nose but I don't know how to send the link on the app!

How did you make the katsu sauce? Sounds yummy!x

Hey hun, thanks for stopping by :) LOVE your avatar picture. Well done on your weight loss so far hun.

the katsu curry sauce was on a page on the slimming world web site -I love it might have it again tonight Chicken katsu curry - Recipes - Slimming World hope the link works hun, If not I will post the ingrediants.

Right off to find your diary.....

xxxx

B- coffee- 350 with skimmed milk (Hea) and will be used for rest of hot drinks for the day-Couldn't eat anything upped my meds feel sick :(

L £ x Ryviata (heb) salmon (ff) cue, tom and salad leaves (s)

xxx

coffee

Apple (s) 1 babybel (1/3 2nd hea)

T Tuna (F) marinated in light soya sauce and garlic with roasted butternut squash and peppers xxx

Yummy that curry sounds delish I'll definitely be trying it!

Well done looks like you're heading for a good day, with tuna I see ;-)

Thanks hun did do ok BUT then ate 2 curly wurlys and some other chocolate so endde up eating 20 syns! so will have to have less today and hope it counteract it!

I am so tired today slept rubbish and had weird dreams! Will update food later :)

Jules, could it be too much chocolate causing the weird dreams? Come on girl, you can do it, reduce the syns tomorrow and you will be fine, just think, no chocolate today and you will soon make up for the 20 yesterday x

Thank you hun, i had 6 syns yesterday a curly wurly so ok, I forgot to update yesterday.

Red day today

Scrambled eggs, 1 Ryviata (1/3 heb) ran out of toms on shopping list

Salmon, salad and 2 x ryvita (2/3 heb) and fat free yog with apple

Chili-quorn mince, tom, mushroom and aubergine with 120g kidney beans (heb)

Not sure what i will use syns on. Can you add them up and save for weekend or is it best to use them daily? anyone know?

350mls skimmed milk in teas and coffees

2 x coffee
1x green tea

Went to the gym yesterday burnt 250 cal plus weights :)

Thanks for reading xxx

S-apple and babybell light cheese (1/3 hea)

xxxx

Hi Hun well done on getting to the gym, that's great!

I tend to save mine for the weekend otherwise I would find it too restrictive, officially you're not supposed to but I guess it's what works for you xx

Back