Baby's 1st Birthday.. what to do?

sona1980

Gold Member
Thinking of starting the wendie plan from Friday 06/03/09
only problem is that on thursday the 12th its my baby boys 1st b-day and im planning to have lot so of nice food!

Now the 12th is the day before WI for me and its a 21 point day according to wendie plan. SO should i postpone wendie plan for when i come back from my hols which start on the 16th or do it before i go on hol (hope for a loss) and eat less at my babys party?

ummmm

OR eat 18-19 points from friday 6th till wednesday 11th and enjoy my food on the 12th at the party and hope for the best on WI on friday the 13th! ( it would be friday the 13th wouldnt it!!)

aagghh help!

i think you 2nd option is the best -save some points and hope for the best.

by the way do you know you can swap days around on th wendi plan and have them in any order you like, but i personaly wouldnt have my 'Big points' day the day before weigh in, i think rules suggest at least 4 days prior to wi.

But good luck and enjoy your sons birthday, this is real life, make ww fit around you not the other way

your right i know! I'v calculated roughly how many points i will eat for the party only and its already looking at 26 points!! if i save 4 a day till thursday i can make 24 points plus the 22 avail for that day! although i know if i eat all them points my WI will be shocking! lolz was hoping for a nice loss b4 my hols but I cant have it both ways!

I dont think my target for 12's is more important than my baby's b-day! BUT having said that I will probs be too busy to eat too much myself and maybe save my points for cake and 1 fancy food rather than a taste of everything!

I plan to cook (and this is not for the babies!!)
Meat samosa - medium size (home made)
Chicken spring rolls (home made)
meat / veg topping pizza (shop bought)
chaat (made of chick peas, yogart, potato.. rest not high point stuff)
crisps ( i can live without - walkers)
fairy cakes (can live without - tesco bought)
chicken drum sticks (home made)
potato paties (home made)

Drinks (including zero)
and Bday cake (from costco)

anyone care to take a bash at pointing this?
would be a great help to decide what i will eat and how many points to save for the day?

im a 22 pointer person at the moment!
good luck and thanks in advance!!

why not just have a day off? its one day, dont point but try to be sensible - just hop back on the wagon the next day and either save a few points each day upto or after the party and do some exercise to counter it? x

although i know if i eat all them points my WI will be shocking! lolz was hoping for a nice loss b4 my hols but I cant have it both ways!
Dilemmas, dilemmas - thats the problem - wouldn't it be great to have your cake and your weight loss too - sheer bliss!!!:D

I hope the party goes well and that whatever you decide to do, you are happy with the result it brings - bet your little one couldn't care less what there was to eat - so long as there are some rusks :D

lolz @ rusks

my lo loves chicken so he will be having a chicken drum probs with some bread and a glass of milk. And im going to let him have some cake coz its is birthday!!

Iv's wrote up my menu for the week for 18 points a day. Well actually its max 15 points a day and three points to play with each day! gona stick to my stepper for 5 days before the event 20 mins each day and on the day im goig to try and stick to foods which i really want to eat...instead of eating a bit of everything!

so no 1 will be cake!
samosa, chaat, spring roll are high on my list.. not too botherd about the rest!

i think im ok food wise i just hope the scale doesnt take a huge hit!
plus 3 days after party i go away to turkey for a week and i KNOW i wont be able to point propperly there! Just gone be as good as I can and walk off the rest!!

Im defo going on wendie plan when i get back though see if that works? I'll keep my diary updated plz feel free to comment!

still waiting on someone pointing the food list! go on i dare u! :)

anything home made (i.e not shop bought as the end product) would be too hard for anyone else to point unless you post all the ingredients and what size each one is :eek: and I am sure you are not THAT bothered about knowing.

Have you got an Eating out guide cos then at least you will get an idea of what you are having - might be worth a look. x

anything home made (i.e not shop bought as the end product) would be too hard for anyone else to point unless you post all the ingredients and what size each one is :eek: and I am sure you are not THAT bothered about knowing.

Have you got an Eating out guide cos then at least you will get an idea of what you are having - might be worth a look. x

Actually im not really that botherd i just though it would be interesting to see if anyone could! lolz

yup have an eating out guide and it doesnt like my menu! lolz

im supposed to be on 22 points.
I just read about the wendie plan so thought id give it a shot! is it no good?

Having 18 points a day is a great idea then, just dont have any less than that ;)

Not sure how successful it is but I think its more designed if youve hit a plateau. Personally I wouldnt entertain it, its not a WW official thing, it was thought up by someone called Wendy. Im just never sure how sensible it is.

Not sure how successful it is but I think its more designed if youve hit a plateau. Personally I wouldnt entertain it, its not a WW official thing, it was thought up by someone called Wendy. Im just never sure how sensible it is.

Go on Sandy, live dangerously! :p:p

Hey! Well im not doing it at the moment! last night was terrible i ate lamb pilaou and chichen curry and roast chicken! feel soo fat and my weight has gone up to 13.3 again today! So i dont think im gona be losing anything tomorow on WI! This is a plateau for me ive been the same weight up and down he same lbs for about 4 months now!.
:-(

Meat samosa - medium size (home made) 7 each
Chicken spring rolls (home made) 5 each
meat / veg topping pizza (shop bought) about 4 per medium slice
chaat (made of chick peas, yogart, potato.. rest not high point stuff) would make an honest guess at 2 per smallish serving
crisps ( i can live without - walkers) 1 per small handful
fairy cakes (can live without - tesco bought) 4/5 each
chicken drum sticks (home made) 2.5 per drumstick
potato paties (home made) 4/5 each

Drinks (including zero)
and Bday cake (from costco) 6/7 per small slice.

only thing i've really guessed at is the cake and your chaat.

i would honestly forget your diet for the birthday - just be sensible. Day after, straight back on your points. I know the feeling about the plateau - having the same issues myself - just try and keep yourself focussed and you WILL work past it eventually xx

Meat samosa - medium size (home made) 7 each
Chicken spring rolls (home made) 5 each
meat / veg topping pizza (shop bought) about 4 per medium slice
chaat (made of chick peas, yogart, potato.. rest not high point stuff) would make an honest guess at 2 per smallish serving
crisps ( i can live without - walkers) 1 per small handful
fairy cakes (can live without - tesco bought) 4/5 each
chicken drum sticks (home made) 2.5 per drumstick
potato paties (home made) 4/5 each

Drinks (including zero)
and Bday cake (from costco) 6/7 per small slice.

only thing i've really guessed at is the cake and your chaat.

YOU ARE A STAR! lolz
Your right about forgetting about the points for the day! I probs will forget when it comes to the day but me being me i will fret about uo untill the event! lolz

hows your diet going anyway?

Back