Back after a 3 week Hiatus - back to business!

Paul_Farnham_uk

Hi all,

Had so much going on in my life for the last month or so with redundancy looming and birthdays, anniversarys and got knows what else going on so had dropped off plan for a while.

I am now as of this morning back on it again and will be doing it from home until i get another job.

I had a gain during the time off which is hardly suprising but i think a large chunk of that is water retention so not too worried but anyway back to the grind stone.

Starting my weight loss over now with a new start point so i can properly focus and not keep patting myself on the back with the well i have already lost x amount.

Hope everyone else is going well and im looking forward to taking control of my weight again.

Regards

Paul

wow i must have really upset everyone at some point, not even a single good luck or welcome back lol

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
wow i must have really upset everyone at some point, not even a single good luck or welcome back lol

:) it's been really quiet on here for a few weeks. Must be the summer holidays or something.

Glad you are back on plan. We all have stuff which gets in the way occasionally, as long as you come back & get right back on it, its not usually too detrimental long term.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, that is particularly rubbish.

Welcome back Paul. I've been watching your progress with interest, because your weight is similar to mine and also because I come from Farnham. I'm having a bit of a struggle this week and we're going on holiday on Thursday which doesn't bode well, but when we come back i'll be joining you again. Good Luck :)

Ahh ok well i actually live in Godalming nowadays but yeah we should keep in touch if you like. Holidays dont have to be the end of the world hon, take the oppurtunity to do lots of extra exercise and then also make wise choices like having jacket spud with meals instead of chips, things like steak and jacket spud with veg down the pub or restaurant is normally as good as free, and it means you then dont have to feel too guilty about having a nice pudding or a drink or 3 :)

And Hi Kingleds, yeah the redundancy is ultra poo lol but hey just need to try to make sure i dont completely fall of the wagon as i dont wanna gain back all the weight i have lost so far, but im feeling pretty positive at the moment

RE how quiet it is on here lately i have to agree it seems that people are reading posts but not replying nowadays, but hey lets just keep plodding on i guess
Welcome back Paul. I've been watching your progress with interest, because your weight is similar to mine and also because I come from Farnham. I'm having a bit of a struggle this week and we're going on holiday on Thursday which doesn't bode well, but when we come back i'll be joining you again. Good Luck :)

Welcome back Paul!! Sorry to hear about the redundancy :(. Hope you manage to get a new job before too long and good luck with the weight loss.

Tracy x

Can you help please?

Hi Paul,
Just saw your post and the weight you have lost. Well done mate.
I have attended a local S/W class about 6 months ago and it wasn't for me.
I am determined though to give it a good go myself at home.
I have all the books but by my own admission I'm a lazy chef!
Can you give me a brief idea from a blokes perspective what has worked for you
so I can get off to a good start. Just had a hip operation so exercise is out of the question for about 6 weeks.

Cheers Paul
Hope you don't mind the random contact!

Starting my weight loss over now with a new start point so i can properly focus and not keep patting myself on the back with the well i have already lost x amount.

Hope everyone else is going well and im looking forward to taking control of my weight again.

Regards

Paul[/QUOTE]

Hello mate,

Well the things to focus on from my point of view are as follows

Make sure you have breakfast, really important! could be bran flakes (thats what i have 35g every day) or eggs with wholemeal toast whatever you fancy really as long as its either free or hex.

Make sure you eat something at least every 2-3 hours even if its only a piece of fruit as this will keep your body burning calories

eg i eat breakfast at 6am, have some grapes at 9am, have lunch (i used mugshots in a food flask as its easy) at 12-1, another piece of fruit mid afternoon then dinner around 6pm.

Also i drink loads of water, anything from 2-3 litres per day which will keep everything running nicely.

The key points with the food choices are make sure you get your 1/3 superfree foods throughout the day, and try to choose good filling foods like jacket spuds, pasta, rice, chicken, salads, veg obviously and try to keep a good variety going so you dont get bored.

There are loads of great recipes on here and also in the slimming world magazine every month, well worth buying in my opinion.

dont worry too much about exercise at this point, but try to make sure you use your syns as i find i lose better when i use my syns as they provide your body with the extra fuel it needs to burn that little bit harder if that makes sense.

I hope this helps a little but if you want to chat more i would be happy to help any way i can :)

Hi Paul,
Just saw your post and the weight you have lost. Well done mate.
I have attended a local S/W class about 6 months ago and it wasn't for me.
I am determined though to give it a good go myself at home.
I have all the books but by my own admission I'm a lazy chef!
Can you give me a brief idea from a blokes perspective what has worked for you
so I can get off to a good start. Just had a hip operation so exercise is out of the question for about 6 weeks.

Cheers Paul
Hope you don't mind the random contact!

Regards

Paul
[/QUOTE]

Back