Back (again...ahem)!

Hey guys!

So, I've decided to come back to Lipotrim. I am definitely at breaking point - I've put on nearly half of what I lost & am beginning to attach "when I lose weight" to everything in my mind again. Never mind the fact that I'm horribly close to reaching the 'obese' label again, which has made me realise that I'm really not OK.

You might remember I tried to restart a little while ago - I was very much into the idea, but, I got ill a day or two after starting & my boyfriend used it as an excuse to wear me down until I said I wouldn't do LT. In fact, he's very negative about the whole thing; he thinks it's like an eating disorder & that this forum is just us encouraging each other in our disordered thinking. He doesn't get it. Heh. Anyway, I really don't want to allow anyone to stop me from doing what I want to do because ultimately, it's me that has to walk around in this body & accept that none of my new clothes fit anymore.

That was long, anyway, I just wanted to say hello really! I look forward to getting to know all the new faces :)

Hannah

Hey Han not all new here 5 weeks into my restart lol!!! Don't let the boyf talk you round you know what this diet can do for you see you round good luck:)

Hellooo!!

Haha, I'm not actually talking to him today, so, no chance of that ;-)

Well done on the restart & getting through the tough bit! You're doing really well :)

Hannah

Han, lots of luck with your restart. Maybe when your bf sees that you are happier when getting control of your weight he might have a change of heart. This time round use your tfr time to try and work out some of your issues with food, triggers for overeating etc.
Hope you get through the first few days till ketosis kicks in for you.
lots of luck

hey hun welcome back. good luck!! :)

bex

xox

Hey welcome back!! lol LOTS of restarters here, I'm one of em too!!!!!!!!! gahhhh!

Did my LT program last year, around the same time, but last time I stopped at around week 8 (where I am now), and so this time I'm gonna keep GOING til I get to goal!

Good lucjk restarting that 33lbs will be off in no time!! :)

Hey, good luck with your restart, I am on restart to, finding it ok with hunger etc but a bit tougher this time emotionally but I am bearing up.. us women know when we know the time is right... it is funny how some people dont see being over weight as an eating disorder but doing something about it as... as you well know lipotrim is fairly extreme but safe, and works, and makes us happy lol so you go girl, im sure he wont be complaining when you have loads more confidence and are happier with urself xxx

it is funny how some people dont see being over weight as an eating disorder but doing something about it as...

Thank you! Yeah, it really bothers me - I have tried to explain to him that surely the fact that I didn't eat anything for months, lost all this weight, then just went mad stuffing my face & put back on a lot of what I worked so hard to lose, is a lot more indicative of disordered thinking than following a diet. Hmm...

Hannah

Hey Welcome Back :)

Just let your boyfriend know that pharmacists who've spent years training to do what they do, and doctors who spend even longer training to do what they do say that this diet is acceptable, lable it as a diet and not an eating disorder, and use it to correct over eating (which IS an eating disorder). Why would a pharmacist recomend getting an eating disorder? If they did then bulemia and anorexia are much cheaper! Thsi isn't an eating disorder, its a nutritionally ballanced meal replacement.

Pretend your an astronaught. They eat dried food all the time thats nutritionally complete to save on weight. Thats all your doing. Your aiming for the moon and even if you miss you'll fall among the stars :)

For all the restarters that gained weight after coming off LT.
Did you do refeed correctly?
Did you regain due to falling back into old habits or does it just come back on when you come off LT??

Sorry if its abit personal but Im gettin married in July and plan to be off this 4 2 months before the wedding to try to regain control over my eating habits but Im sooooo FREAKED out that I will PILE the weight back on just before the wedding.... If I do the refeed 100% correctly and then be very strict with what I am eating can I expect to keep the weight Ive lost off??

Here's the facts of coming off lipotrim.

Less calories in than required (even if its 1,500 and you need 1,600) = weight loss.

Calories in same as required = Weight maintained

More calories in than required = weight gain

Thats all their is to know about coming off lipotrim with your meal plans. Nothing to do with weight suddenly finding magic ways of sticking to you. If you eat more calories than you loose then you will regain weight. At the end of the day, we're all here because we over ate. As long as you don't go back to the old habbits and maintain a healthy (not calorie restricted but normal sized serving calorie requirement) diet then you wont put back on the weight.

Honestly though I am expecting to put on at least 6lb as soon as i come off. The weight of food in my body, the weight of glycogen and excess water in the body, will all cause weight to be put on. As long as you dont panick and eat healthily though this will steady to a point and be fine. Thats the facts as far as I can see.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that.....

I just panic too much sometimes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MYK is right of course, but human beings are more complicated than that. The vital point is to re-educate your palate and learn about nutrition whilst you're on TFR. Read, discuss and learn. Don't be afraid of it though. It is VITAL that you change your relationship with food because if you eat as you did before you will put on weight.

If you want any ideas for reading let me know.

Good luck

Jon

For all the restarters that gained weight after coming off LT.
Did you do refeed correctly?
Did you regain due to falling back into old habits or does it just come back on when you come off LT??

I got annoyed that my weight loss slowed down & just went a bit mad. So, no, I didn't do re-feed correctly & because I had the idea I'd go back onto LT, I didn't really make any effort to maintain my weight either. If you follow the plan properly, I'm sure it'll work! Ultimately, if you eat more than you're burning, you'll put on weight & I was definitely doing that!

Hannah

Hannah, just wanted to say, looking at your before and after shots you look incredible!

Can understand why you didn't do the refeed though. I'm not going to follow the refeed either but for different reasons :) lol

Welcome back han :)
Its not easy this eating malark is it! :sigh:
Good luck with LT again :) x

Can understand why you didn't do the refeed though. I'm not going to follow the refeed either but for different reasons :) lol

Why arent you going to follow the refeed properly? :confused:

It amazes me that people put in all the effort of TFR to then balls it up by not refeeding properly!!!

Hannah, just wanted to say, looking at your before and after shots you look incredible!

Thank you :) Not looking so incredible now, haha ;-)

I always intended to do the re-feed & I really wouldn't advise not doing it! It doesn't pay off!!

Welcome back han :)
Its not easy this eating malark is it! :sigh:
Good luck with LT again :) x

Thanks! No, it's really not easy! Not that I was anticipate it being, but...!

Hannah

Yeah, I can understand what your saying about not doing the refeed, but I'm not coming out of ketosis when I finish. They recomend pasta and things like that. I'm switching from this to warrior diet and sticking to keto. Pointless coming out of it, I'm not a big fan of carbs anyway lol.

If i aint coming out of keto when i finish the shakes its pointless with the refeed as thats mainly to stop a buildup of glycogen and water when coming out of ketosis. I quite like ketosis though, lol

Back