Back again and this time I have to make it work!

Good morning everyone! So here I am again, a bit older, a bit wiser and also a great deal heavier! I have been in and out of this group for 6 years or so now and always ended up going down my own path....because we all know we can do it on our own...right? Wrong! I may not be able to join a group but I know there is enough support online, and especially in this group, to help me stick to my guns this time. So back to Slimming World it is!

So a bit about me.....I'm Julie, 63, married, 5 children, 5 grandchildren and even a little great grandson would you believe! I run my own business making clothes for babies and toddlers and live on a beautiful island.....well the weather isn't so beautiful this morning but there is always something stunning to see, like the view through my workshop window, of the sun slowly rising over the hill in front of me.

I have so many wonderful things going on in my life and I should be totally content and happy, and I am in a way.........but the thing that throws a big dark shadow over it all is my amazing ability to ignore a few little things. Like my dreadful diet, my portion size, my increasing weight, my love of chocolate and my general ill health. Every time I step on the scales I have gone up another pound or so but I just say...'oh I will get round to losing that...it's only a pound'! But you know what? I never do! I have loads and loads of clothes and yes, none of them fit or if they do then I look just dreadful, fat and old.

This just cannot continue....I am not foolish....(though sticking my head in the sand and ignoring it all is another thing I am good at)...I know I am eating rubbish and far too much of it so here I am and this time I have to make it work! I have written a menu for the week......cottage pie for tea tonight.... bought in all the food I need and climbed on those blasted scales this morning to start the journey. I will be totally grateful for any help, advice or even just general support along the way all of which I will return if I can. I will try and post every day but more importantly be honest in what I say. I am hoping that if I write it all down and commit to it here then it will give me an incentive to keep on the path and get it right. We will see.

If you have got this far then thank you for reading and I hope I haven't bored you all too much!

Back