Back again, hopefully to stay this time

Dan8317

Well I've been trying to get into pp for the last few weeks but they just don't work for me. I went back to my meeting thinking it would help but the weekly pp just make me want to binge :( plus being a veggie I love my carbs and they seem to be high in pp compared to protein even if they're healthy.

So I'm back and got to get every other diet out of my head. Last night I was considering ccing and continue with meetings because I need the accountability however discover points makes me pick healthier choices compared to cc. So its vintage points for me :)

Would be good if we could get a few ppl posting on here again.

Dan x

Hiya Dan, it's great to see you back! x

I'm back again too. Had a bit of a blip (read total loss of focus here) the last couple of months, but I'm back now. I've started running again after not being able to while my tooth implant took and I've had a big birthday so lots of 'over-catered' birthday food to finish up but then I'm on it. I HAVE to sort this out, I'm not happy how look, I hate being in photos (and I'm that 'cheesy smile at any camera pointing my way' kind of person) because I just know that it'll be awful - really awful! So, I'm thinking perhaps a Saturday start as I really can't do a food shop until then, then I'm going to give myself a good talking to and get on with it!

Have you started today Dan? How's it going?

Hey Hules,

Know what you mean when it comes to photos. Was on holidays last week and not in one of the photos which when I actually think about it is quite sad. So I have promised myself I have had my last fat holiday.

So I'm starting today. I actually weigh in group on a thurs night but don't know if I'll continue after my monthly pass runs out. Will use a sat or sun as my 1st day of the week though so that I can build up some points for a fri night as this is my treat night. Hopefully can get into it this time and stop willing pp to work for me because no matter what I try I use the weekly to binge and its not changing any of my habits.

Good luck for sat, think being organised is half the battle for me. Let me know how you get on.

Dan x

Hi girls , i am also going to start using the old points system asap. I like pro points but just don't seem to be losing a decent amount on it even if i don't use my weeklies, and at 18 stone i really should be losing quite easily. Just completed my 3rd week on pp and have only lost 6lbs in total, i did old points years ago and lost more than that on my first week!! and i wasn't as big then either.
I have put some old ww books and calculators on my ebay watch list so will switch over once i get them, as i have no way of knowing how to point the old way without them.
How are you both getting on with the old points? Are you having better losses?

Hi Hules we have to stop meeting up like this!! :) im back too! Fed up of being fat :( hello Dan and Nikki

Hi ladies!
Hmm, not managed to get started yet. I'm always like this once I've been binging, I feel addicted to rubbish food and find if hard to get control again. I need a countdown I think. I have bought myself a new book for tracking in and printed off all my blank charts (been doing it so long from home I've designed my own) so I'm good to go. Just need to start now before it gets any worse!

How's everyone else getting on? Doing better than me I hope! X

Hey all,

Well didn't actually manage to start as I thought I'd give pp just one more go after speaking to my leader and yesterday I actually stuck to it. However today I have completed binged because I have weeklies :( I know they are great for some people but with me they just make me think I can eat aload of rubbish because they are there. This wouldn't be so bad if it stopped at one day but it doesn't. The guilt kicks in and I end up on a binge/guilt cycle that takes forever to break :(

My monthly pass expires before meeting this week so I have officially given up meetings. Now I have no excuses and no reason to keep swapping. OH going to do vintage with me starting from tomorrow. Dreading weigh in but need to see it as a fresh start and stop feeling the need to go to slimming clubs and just have a bit of faith in myself. Sorry for the essay.

Good luck all,
Dan x

Right then, decision made! You need to weigh in accurately at home and go from there. This is it -start of a new you x

Yep Hules your right I need to just stick with it, I'm terrible for switching but no more :)

Got my notebook ready to track everything and starting tomorrow means I have a good few days to save points for my friday night treat. I've taken a before photo and measurements. Really didn't want to do the photo but know I will be thankful when I actually get some weight off and can see the difference. Now just got to weigh myself in the morning and believe I can actually do it.

When are you starting? Hopefully if we can keep everyone posting the support will keep us all on track a bit more :)

Good luck,
Dan x

Yay, you sound really positive! You can do it! I've taken pics too and also stuck in some nasty recent ones to remind me why I'm doing this.

I started on thursday and am doing okay so far, I've had 2 days within my points (by the skin of my teeth yesterday) and today so far so good!

Just wondering how it's going? X

Not the best today but not as bad as usual :) little steps and all that.

Just found my fast start book so might give that a go for the first 2 weeks as its meant to give you a boost. Thinking a bigger loss may give me a bit more motivation. Just got to stick with it now. Easier said than done lol.

How you getting on with it now? Getting in the right frame of mind, always half the battle.

Good luck,
Dan x

Baby steps are good! It's all helping. I must admit that I never really managed well with fast start as I struggle to stick to my points as it is. Worth a go though if you think it'll help! I think just tracking everything you put in your mouth and trying not to go over is the most important thing, I'm seeing results already, scales have moved loads in just 4 days! Your head does have to be in the right place though x

Back