Back Again! (How many times!!)

what's on the menu today Sag? :) x x

Today was soooooo good!

Breakfast - 1 ricecake with peanut butter spread & topped with 1/2 a sliced banana. 1 small cup of organic greek yoghurt.

Lunch - Same ham & salad sandwich thin as yesterday.

Dinner - 1 piripiri grilled chicken breast, shredded into a salad and served with an organic greek mint yoghurt dressing

Also 1.5L water & 3 cups of twinings chai (no sugar)

What I learnt today:
- Water goes down much easier when eating than on TFR.
- I think I was feeling guilty because the food tastes so good so I automatically assume it is bad for my health
- When refeeding, even if something may not be spicy on the tongue, I ASSURE you that your insides will play havoc

Hope everyone had a fab day :)

Good Job very.

Today was soooooo good!

Breakfast - 1 ricecake with peanut butter spread & topped with 1/2 a sliced banana. 1 small cup of organic greek yoghurt.

Lunch - Same ham & salad sandwich thin as yesterday.

Dinner - 1 piripiri grilled chicken breast, shredded into a salad and served with an organic greek mint yoghurt dressing

Also 1.5L water & 3 cups of twinings chai (no sugar)

What I learnt today:
- Water goes down much easier when eating than on TFR.
- I think I was feeling guilty because the food tastes so good so I automatically assume it is bad for my health
- When refeeding, even if something may not be spicy on the tongue, I ASSURE you that your insides will play havoc

Hope everyone had a fab day :)

sounds yummy sag. glad your day was good, hope you are enjoying your food a little more and them guilty feelings have left. x x

Thank you guys!

Just a quick update. Today is day 5 of refeed and I decided to weigh myself.
I would have been happy with a gain of maybe 2/3lbs but shock horror.....

.....I lost 2 lbs! Checked 4 times over the space of an hour and all the readings were the same.

:) hope everyone is having a good day!

Thanks for the message Jen!

Sorry not been about guys. My laptop decided to call it a day last week so I ordered an iPad...which arrived 2 days late.....and with a chip in the screen :mad:
Got my replacement yesterday so back in full swing.

I think I'm on Day 11 of re-feed and after the first week, I had gone up from 89kg to 89.5kg so not overly concerned. Current menu is:

Breakfast: Parfait made with low fat coconut yoghurt, sliced banana, raspberries, oats & peanut butter or 2 ricecakes with peanut butter and a sliced banana on top.

Lunch: Ham, turkey or chicken salad. Sometimes I use a Warburtons sandwich thin to make a sarnie.

Dinner: Grilled chicken or fish marinated with a spice rub of sorts, or an omlette/scrambled egg with either a salad, grilled asparagus or steamed veg.

If I want a snack, it's usually a ricecake with a few ham or turkey slices on top. Yesterday I made some morning pick-me-ups in thne form of sliced banana with a bit of Peanut Butter in between.
Also almonds and Pistachios. Just making sure that I'm not having any carbs after 3/4pm.

Still drinking 2L of water a day. I go back to work next Monday so have bought some food containers to take my breakfast and lunch in. Don't want to get drawn back in to bad habits. I already have texts every day from co-workers telling me they've had McDonalds, Xmas roast or other stuff for lunch!

Weird but CANNOT WAIT to get back on to TFR in Jan. Hope everyone is doing really well :)

Hi guys, hope you are all well! Food today was:

Breakfast: Parfait with low fat raspberry yoghurt, oats, banana, peanut butter, raspberries and cinnamon.
Lunch: Sliced Turkey and salad in a Warburton Sandwich Thin
Snack: 2 Rice cakes and a small handful of pistachio nuts
Dinner: 1 Lean Grilled Chicken Breast marinated in a dry Jerk rub with Peas, Sweetcorn & Carrots.

Been a while since I've had a snack in the day as well as 3 meals whole but I must admit I felt really hungry today. I've also decided that once I get back to work on Monday, I will be having female shake for lunch to get me ready for my 2nd spell on TFR come January (and also reduce calorie consumption)

Not much else to report really - energy levels are good and being weighed on Saturday morning to ensure refeeding is going as planned.
I had some luck on match.com recently and went to see a young lady from Derby. I drove up one evening and we had a drink (I had water!) and chatted for a few hours. Everything has been fine over the weekend, swapping messages etc however got a text today saying she didn't to take it further as I use a wheelchair sometimes.....Charming :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is resisting the Christmas temptations & dropping the lbs!

Hi Sag, if she cant see past a small thing like that then she's not worth your time anyway. Its such a shame that there are so many judgmental shallow people out there. I'm sure you will find Miss right soon. One of my friends is very very fussy about who she dates, they have to have a certain haircut, the right shoes, jeans etc, its just madness. I asked her the other day if in 40 years from now when shes 70 will those things matter or will it be who has made you happy, needless to say she has been single for a long time.

Best of luck with weigh in on Sat, let us know how you get on.

x x

What a *****. I'd have replied with something along the line of "I hope which ever guy you end up with doesn't feel the same way as when you get old if you need one then you'll be very lonely when he ups sticks and leaves you for something so petty!"

But honestly, sounds like you got a lucky escape as someone who is that shallow doesn't deserve any more of your time. If she really can't see beyond that then her loss as she sounds like a vain cow.

Sorry for ranting but it's people like her that disgust me.

Thanks guys :) I don't usually let stuff like that wind me up but it was late last night when I logged on and needed to vent a bit!
Yep Kuro, defo dodged a bullet I think. I had plenty to say but didn't bother really. Just kept it civil.
Anyhow, I think come March when my membership expires I won't be renewing it. Maybe some things aren't meant to be!?

On to more important things...Food! Today's menu was simple but nice:

Brunch: Parfait as per yesterday but pomegranate instead of raspberries.

Snack: Handful of Almonds.

Dinner: Grilled skinless cod fillet marinated in garlic, herb & lemon with a side salad.

1.5L of water and 2 cups of Twinings Chai (milk, no sugar)

Hope everyone is well! :)

I thought of you today. I was in a shop and a guy in a wheelchair had been left in the middle by whoever was with him and as I went to go past he apologised for being in the way, so I made a point of telling him there was nothing to be sorry for as I could get past him. It's upsetting how many folks are made to feel like they are an inconvenience to others just because they are less abled.

Thanks Kuro! Oh I know that feeling too well. I HATE getting in people way so I'm always quiet aware of my surroundings. I'm lucky enough to have one of those sports chairs that are quiet compact and don't take up much space. It's also extremely maneuverable which helps a lot too.
Im only using it maybe twice a week at the moment so the majority of the time I wheel myself around and don't let anyone push me so I always park up somewhere out of the way. I dread the day I need someone to wheel me about, my family/friends do it occasionally and think it's perfectly acceptable to do things such as parking me up next to an open bin whilst they reply to a text or hanging their every belonging off my chair. The WORST one however is when people talk over you....Arghhh! We could go out to a bar or restaurant and I can guarantee the majority of the time, people will talk to my friends instead of me....'what will you're friend have to drink?' As you can imagine, that is infuriating! I could go on all day but I'll stop ranting there. But yeah, back to your original point, I know totally how he must have felt - I'm the same when getting in someone's way and apologise out of common courtesy, as I would if I were standing.

I got weighed yesterday and I'm up another 1kg to 91kg. That's 2kg up in 2 weeks :(
Don't really know what I'm doing wrong, I don't add any sugar to anything and have low carbs most days. The days I do have carbs it's no more than 30/40g.
I'm back at work tomorrow after my 2 weeks off, so will be sticking to my plan of having a female LT shake at lunch. I hope that helps as I don't want to put any more weight on!

Nothing to report on the food side, all similar meals to those posted recently.

Hope everyone is well!

Last edited:
It wouldn't bother me to have a friend in a wheelchair. Infact it would probably be awesome as you can get some great advantages. Running over the feet Of people you don't like. Getting your own queue at theme parks. Never having to worry about shopping bags cutting into your hands. Having better parking spaces where there's actual gaps between the bays so you stand less of a chance of finding a douche bag who's parked over 2 bays. I could go on, lol.

But yes it must also have it's disadvantages as some people seem to treat less abled bodied people differently. Yes by all means Sometimes adapt things for them, but we shouldn't treat them differently unless they want to be treated a certain way. I work with a guy who is a thalidomide survivor. I don't like the word victim as it sounds negative and this guy is getting on with his life because he is exactly that - a survivor, not a victim. He has very short arms, deformed hands and spinal problems a slightly odd shaped head, and is quite short, but he manages to adapt and we treat him as an equal and just tweak things to assist where we need to. For example I got him one of those wheelie steps (nicknamed elephants feet) as he couldn't reach the shelves and didn't like to keep asking people, and we also have helped shorten the arms on his jumpers and coats, but otherwise he is more dexterous than some other folk I know. He can thread a needle and sew better than some of the guys with 10 fingers.

Some people are so hung up in seeing something wrong with people and concentrating on what they can't do that they totally miss what's right with them and what they can do.

You defo sound like my friends! Whenever we go out to eat or in to town they never worry about leaving early to find parking or anything....."Chill. Sags got a badge, we'll just jam it up front" lol

So Christmas has come and gone. I have stuck to my healthy eating quiet well and was surprised when I weighed myself on Christmas Eve....

photo.JPG

That's only 0.7lbs up on when I finished LT on 30/11/13. Bearing in mind I have been having 3 whole meals a day and just a week previously I was up to 91kg....I was very happy with that!

My cheats at Christmas have been a curry one night and 2 portions of chocolate cake. Other than that, I have been sticking to lots of veg & lean white meat. I bagged myself some kitchen scales at Xmas so have become a real saddo and began weighing my food!

My brother got all my LT the other day (2013 prices!!)....I have 8 weeks worth of female shakes. Will still be having 2 a day as I was previously. Out of interest, does anyone know how much the maintenance bars cost? I got a box full based on Kirbygirls reviews!Nothing else to report really, I re-start on Saturday and am not looking forward to it this time :( Saving grace is that it's a short stint till March.

Hope you guys are well and had a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year. Hoping we all have a happy & healthy 2014!

Well done on not having a gain like mine (7 pounds over the course of a few days, but at least it went fairly quickly). Hope you have a nice night tonight in whatever you choose to do. I'd be happy to stay in but the OH is feeling quite social so therefore we are heading off out.

Happy New Year everybody!

Not long now until I am back on LT (Saturday 4th). I've been really bad over the new year and actually surprised myself with how much I could eat and how hungry I was!

On NYE I scoffed 4 slices of pizza, a 1/2 portion of fries, 2 pieces of garlic bread and a tonne of coleslaw! As if that wasn't bad enough, we all had a McDonalds Hot Apple Pie.........in a McFlurry :eek:

Then on NY Day, we always get together at my parents for a fry-up. So, I had 3 Sausages, 3 Rashers of Bacon, 3 Eggs, 3 Hash Browns & 1/2 a can of tinned tomatoes. Dessert was just as bad as the main - Warm Belgian hocolate fudge cake.......in custard.

As I said, I was really surprised at my appetite and how much I was able to eat. On the flip side, they were 2 meals I knew I was going to have and up until then I have been very good! Just more chicken, fish & veg until I restart LT now. I haven't weighed myself but will do that on Saturday morning....dreading it!

Hope everyone is well!

Don't feel bad. You put there you only had 4 slices of pizza and 1/2 portion of fries. I wouldn't have had only 4 slices and would have also eaten the entire pack of fries, so the fact you showed some self restraint is better than I used to.

Hey folks sorry about the late reply, been so busy as i'm sure we all have, i've updated my diary but wanted to say a quick hi to you all here too, sag I am restarting today I know you are re-starting tomorrow so hopefully all those carbs will give us the energy we need for the final stint lol!

Back