Back again, the proverbial yoyo

Amber34

8lb lost! :bliss:

I'm really happy with that and already feel less bloated. I have a few challenges coming up this week, but am determined to get through them.

I like the shakes and soups so far and really think the flavours being a bit weaker than Cambridge is a distinct advantage. The bars are a bit odd tasting, but very satisfying. I'm taking one out for our picnic today while the others munch on sausage rolls! I also have the girls coming round for drinks on Friday and I always prepare a big buffet - that will be a challenge, as the picking is what got me where I am now.

I am determined to keep this up!

Brilliant start Amber. Keep it up.

way to go amber :happy096:. I'm on day 6 and I've lost 5 pounds!!! Doesnt it feel good to know that your hard work is paying off..

So I'm thrilled myself. It really works. I have 21 more pounds to go...:D
I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I'm determined not to give in to tempation. Ive come to far to beaten by food. I will do it. Ive planned and I'm prepared..

Keep up the good work amber:D and the other ladies on the diet..

I can't remember my weigh in day! I think it was yesterday, but I forgot to weigh in.

I didn't remember this morning either, well, not until I'd had 2 mugs of coffee and half a litre of water. Will it really make that much difference? Personally, I don't think so - I always fancied having a Friday weigh in day anyway.

SO, to the point - the scales show a further 2lb loss :D

OK, so I know it's not brilliant, but a loss is the right direction. We're off for a week on a narrow boat on Sunday and I'm going to try to keep at it, even if I have one high protein meal a day. At least I'm going to get loads of exercise - 110 locks to open and close in 6 days will burn off a bit of fat :eek:

Well done Amber, at least it is going in the right direction! Hope you enjoy your narrowboat, we did an hours walk along the local canal last night and we love looking at them as we pass and chatting with the people.
B xx

Great to see you are all doing so well.....keep up the good work!!

Well done Amber. Your two mugs of coffee and litre of water will probably have made about a 1lb difference, so you could be a little lighter than you think!

Have a fab holiday.

Last edited:
Well done Amber. You'll be crossing that 200lb mark in no time.

Thanks for all the replies. I really must try to get on the scales before my morning drinks!

I feel as though I am getting on with it a bit better now. Is it possible to be 'deeper' into ketosis? Much less hunger now and feeling less inclined to eat.

I'm about to start packing and will resist taking the scales with me ;), but will be putting in enough shakes, soups and bars for the week, along with my shaker beaker and hand mixer!

I managed to get into some trousers that wouldn't do up a few weeks ago. Still not a pretty sight as they are waaaaaaaaay too tight, but I shall be taking one pair with me as a reminder to resist the pub grub along the canals!

I hope you all have a good week with continued losses.

x

Back from hols and still losing - just about

Well, I had one week away on a narrow boat, which I combined high protein and salad with my shakes, a week home with a similar combination, and then a week camping with friends and kids, which was high alcohol and lots of French brad, as well as reasonably healthy stuff (sometimes)

Jumped on the scales this morning and I have lost another 2lbs, which is pretty poor for 3 weeks, but I'm pleased with it as I have not been at all focussed.

So 11lb lost in total, although it has probably taken almost 2 months, due to excess faffing around!

I am determined to get stuck in again as I have a mountain of products left and can't bear waste! Hopefully will be in ketosis by the end of the week!

hi amber a loss is a loss. congrats and keep going :)

I am such a nightmare!

I slipped straight off it before I was back on properly and have muddled through for the last 4 weeks or so, not touching the diet but trying to eat reasonably well.

I've eased back in (again!) this week and feel quite positive about it.

The best thing is that even without dieting, I have maintained that 11lb weight loss, so it can only go down from here.

I've started reading the Judith Beck book - The Beck diet solution - and am now trying to train my brain to think like a thin person, which is helping a bit I think.

Well done on your losses Quak - you are so consistent and your photo's look great!

And Morenachica, well done on reaching goal. you must be thrilled.

Just had my bar and off for a soak in the tub now. I will try to post more often to keep me on track.

Hi Amber. I'm due to start Exante next Monday and just wanted to say hello and good luck with getting back into the swing of things. It sounds like you've already made progress so hopefully things will only get better from here.
Maintaining in itself is a huge achievement. :D

Thanks Diversity

You've done really well already - a great start.

I hope you enjoy Exante - I had a CD soup that was lurking in the back of my cupboard earlier this week, and I far prefer the Exante ones - I actually look forward to them.

Make sure you keep your carbs low this weekend in preparation for your Monday start and I'm sure you'll do just fine x

hi amber, well done for maintaining your losses and welcome back onboard :)

Thanks Diversity

You've done really well already - a great start.

I hope you enjoy Exante - I had a CD soup that was lurking in the back of my cupboard earlier this week, and I far prefer the Exante ones - I actually look forward to them.

Make sure you keep your carbs low this weekend in preparation for your Monday start and I'm sure you'll do just fine x

Thanks! My variety packs arrived this morning so I will definitely be starting on Monday. :) I'm quite excited but also a little nervous because this is my first VLCD. I'll try to keep carbs to a minimum this weekend for sure.

Looking forward to seeing how we both get on with it! x

Hi Amber
Good to see you back! Impressed that you kept the weight off :)
Good luck for the next round!
B xx

Back