Back again.......this time for real!!!

Ms R

Hi all

Well I got back from my spanish holiday yesterday. Landed at Manchester Airport just before 1pm, was at the pharmacy filling in forms, being weighed and picking up my first weeks supply of shakes (and listerine strips) by 4:30pm. It was my daughters birthday yesterday so we enjoyed the day and had a big chinese banquet for tea and a couple of drinks to celebrate her birthday.

So back in work today and started shakes today. I'm now in this for the win!! By Christmas I hope to be at least 5 stone lighter than I am now. For those who may remember me from the old Lipotrim forum website before it came over to this one, I was Mrs R then and I did really well first time and I was often described as a really good motivator and I posted everyday without fail. I hope to be back to my best to not only help myself stick to this incredibly difficult diet but also to offer support to others if I can.

So day 1 and I'm feeling extremely positive and looking forward to the weight loss each and every week. I have a wedding at the weekend but I'm driving and will be drinking sparkling water all night. We're going camping in 2 weeks which is normally a drinking & eating weekend so it could be difficult but I intend to get out and do quite a bit of walking and will take plenty of sparkling water with me to drink from a wine glass so it appears I'm having a very white wine. I've done that before in the past, had sparkling water in a wine glass when in company of friends having a drink, it made me feel included.

:)

Ooh, as soon as I saw your name I thought it might be you Ms R! :) I remember you from the old forum. ...and yes your posts were always lovely. :) Funny little story: On the old forum I sometimes used to read people's replies to my posts out to my husband (then boyfriend) and he actually remembered your name (I think you had a flashy signature, maybe?) and asked me the other day (to show some interest!) "is Mrs R on that forum?" and I said, "no it's a different one". Now I can tell him you're back, haha! :D

I lost seven stone last time, but have had to restart also as I gained about four stone during pregnancy that I want to get rid of. Wishing you lots of good luck this time around.

Noitulove (Liz)

Welcome back Ms R cant wait to read your posts

Hi Liz, wow you did amazing!!!! 7st is a fantastic weight loss, very well done to you.

Well I've been divorced since I was last on hence the Ms and not Mrs and also the almost 6st weight gain!!!! However I'm now very happy as I have a new man in my life and he is the best thing ever and is so very supportive so I know that I'm going to succeed again this time despite numerous half hearted attempts over the last 3yrs!!!

Well I'm off to a positive start, day1 today and no problems so far and I've even just got me a new ticker! We also went for a bike ride after work to night, my new man loves cycling and we have really good bikes now. Feeling a bit knackered but really happy with my first day back. I'm so excited about losing weight I just know it's going to happen. I'm still salsa dancing every week so I will be strutting my stuff tomorrow night and burning off many more calories I hope and I'm planning on getting straight back to my exercising in a week or so once I get my energy levels up after the initial shock of starting this diet again.

Really great to hear from you and please pass on a BIG HELLO to your now husband. Would love to see a wedding pic xx

Thank you. :)

Aww, really glad to hear that you're happy with your new man! :) My husband says "hi" back! It's lovely to have someone supportive to keep telling you well done each day, isn't it? A big well done to you for all of the activities; cycling, salsa (I remember you doing this before) and planning to exercise soon. I still haven't managed to do any and I'm in week eight now, but I keep saying that I have a little one to chase after, so hoping that counts for something (she'll be 17 months old on Friday). :)

Little wedding photograph for you to see (I was 19 weeks pregnant in it) - 15th Oct 2010

wedding.jpg.

Hey Ms R welcome, good luck and look forward to hear your progress & posts :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great picture Liz, you look really good and very happy and contented. My baby was 11yrs old on Tuesday this week and my other baby is 21yrs old on 11th Sept!!! lol.

I'm feeling really positive and I'm doing my usual spread sheets, measuring, diary etc... anything and everything to keep me motivated and positive. It works well for me that way.

Thanks for the message Angel, I hope to get more up to speed with posting once I work out how to use this site, it's really very confusing compared to the site I used to use, do you agree Liz?

Thank you. :) It's a bit of a dark photograph, but the dress I was wearing is a really gorgeous purple colour.

Aww, happy birthday to your children. :) One 11 on the 21st and one 21 on the 11th! :D It's my husband's birthday on the 9th of September and I've just got back from town (Cardiff) after looking for a present to give him from our daughter. I've done tons of walking this morning - to the train station, to the shops, quite a long way around all the shops, back to the train station and then home again and I made sure I walked as fast as I could. Also, with the pushchair, heavy shopping and hills, I think I've burned a few extra calories!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does spreadsheets - I love them, haha (and you can see graphs with the line going down, down, down)!

I actually can't really remember what the layout of the old forum was anymore, but I've been on computers as long as I can remember, so I think it's second nature to me now. :)

I've also used computers all of my working life and in my current job I write databases but I still don't like this one too much. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Well done you on the exercise today, as well as calorie burning you're toning up your legs, bum, tum & arms by pushing the pram.

Welcome back Ms R, im restarting today and would love to have a buddy for support...at least u know it works from previous experience, i got down to 10st 2 last year but put 4 stone on so am here to lose that again, and get skinnier. I feel so much better about myself when im looking well, plus i find it much easier to be stylish when slim. And well done noit, uve done so well, ur an inspiration....any tips for me?

Ava
xxx

Hi Ava :)

Thank you. :) I'm very similar to you in that I got down to 10st (in 2008) and then I put 4st 1.5lb back on (during pregnancy). I feel really self-conscious when I'm overweight and I make so much more of an effort with clothes, etc when I'm slim too. I think one of the best tips is to make sure you have enough water. I have 3 litres a day and it's a bit of a struggle for me, but I usually manage it. Good luck with your first week and weigh-in. Let us know how it goes!

Hi Ava, thank you for the lovely compliments.

TIPS - Plenty of water, I have 4 litres a day plus 4-5 peppermint teas.
Treat yourself of a weekend to sparkling/soda water & put it in a wine glass, kid yourself it's wine.
Spreadsheets - I keeps lots of them and take great pleasure in charting and updating my progress.
Take before, interim & after pictures from front, back & side in e same outfit(s) to visually track your progress.
Log onto this forum as often as possible, daily if you can to get support to help keep you on track.
Take your measurements & re-take them every 4 weeks to measure progress by inches as well as pounds.
Exercise, swimming isngreat for an all over body tone up

Hope this helps x

Back