Back again

Nelly D

Hi. Kind of a newbie- have been here on MiniMins in the past. Found it a great support; reading forums provided inspiration to soldier on (for want of a better term .) Previous highest = 15.7 stone. Lowest =11.5 stone. Currently 13.9 stone. I have health issues that render me almost totally inactive and now my blood pressure has gone through the roof. Time to take a stance again and am thinking of a VLCD, but on a budget. Anyone tried Diet Now ?- is it palatable, does it 'fill you up'. Or suggestions for other VCLD appreciated?

Hi Nelly! Welcome back. I too used to be on here years ago and am back. It’s quite a bit quieter than it used to be but it’s still very supportive. I hope your health is ok. I also have very bad health, I’m immobile and housebound. Makes losing weight much harder than before but still doable. Ive not heard of Diet Now. I used to be on the cambridge diet but it’s quite expensive. The Tesco shakes were much cheaper but I’m not sure if you can do those without eating. Good luck x

Hi Nelly! Welcome back. I too used to be on here years ago and am back. It’s quite a bit quieter than it used to be but it’s still very supportive. I hope your health is ok. I also have very bad health, I’m immobile and housebound. Makes losing weight much harder than before but still doable. Ive not heard of Diet Now. I used to be on the cambridge diet but it’s quite expensive. The Tesco shakes were much cheaper but I’m not sure if you can do those without eating. Good luck x
Hi Charlotte
Yes it took some time to realise that if I want to stop putting the weight back on I need to get back on here for some support. My doc referred me to SW last November, but I have chronic pain issues from several conditions, and half way through 12 week course had a massive flare which put paid to me going out anywhere for 5 months. Upshot was that the 10lbs I'd managed to lose piled back on, plus some more. Anyway - lack of response to my post leads me to think that not many are familiar with Diet Now so I have bitten the bullet so to speak, and ordered an 8 week supply. Intending to start when it arrives, hopefully Monday, so will see about setting myself up properly on Mini's with start weight and so forth. What are you doing this time around?

Doesn't matter what diet your on there will always be someone here to support you. :)

Diet Now I'm guessing it like slimfast etc where you have shakes,bars and a meal.

:) Thanks craftermary

Well todays the day to start the Diet Now. It differs from Slimfast in that its a total meal replacement diet - a bit like Exante and Cambridge. I've only had shakes to start as I'm hoping that taking any choice away will help me focus. I intend to move to the Slimfast way of shakes and home cooked main meal once I get going. (if I get going :D)

So off to try my first shake and then work out my ticker...

Back