back and on Induction!

Hi everyone.

I have lost, regained, re-lost and re-gained the same 8 pounds many times since relocating to Glasgow to help care for my terminally ill Dad.

So, having exhausted most 'quick fix' routes including VLCDs I am back on the faithful, reliable and uncomplicated Atkins.

Having had a break of sorts I hope to benefit from the first week big water loss to boost my spirits.

I think people never totally leave Atkins - they may step into the next room or even next door but they always have the option of coming back and the basic principles stay with you forever.

So, hello to Atkins friends old and new. I need to keep in touch!

xx

Hello GG
nice to see you back love.

Hi Girly, welcome back love.

Hi GG! :wavey:

welocme and good luck

What a lovely welcome back - thank you all.

Ah, the joys of ketosis. I love it.

xx

Hi Ashley and all others who are new to me!

I am noticeably thinner already due to glycogen loss - it's great when that bloat disappears. No scale-hopping for me as I know how self-defeating that can be. For now I will just enjoy good tasty Atkins-friendly food in moderate amounts and I will be sure not to over-extend the Induction period. I need to learn how to include extra carbs again - slowly!

Hope everyone's enjoying this way of eating.

The tape rules the scale GG.:)

Yes Jim, it sure does.

I am home now. Got back tonight. Start uni again on Tuesday but will be travelling back to Glasgow every weekend or at the very least every other weekend to see my Dad in hospital. We still hope and pray to get him home eventually - in the meantime he is having more chemo and steroids. This extra time with him is unbelievably precious.

I am still enjoying Atkins and ketosis. The time frame of losing the regain is not important now, just eating well and lightly and getting back to where I was before, then losing the rest.

Lovely to be back.

hiya and welcome back, from a newbie.

i'm really enjoying low carbing, the first week water loss feeling was lovely, and for the first time in years i am coming home from work without swollen ankles!

hope things go well for your dad, it must be hard for all of you.

thanks hun and thanks also for the hello!

I love Atkins and am glad to be back. I just got impatient after months of being stalled close to goal and tried CD again, but found the extra carbs made me hungry!

I am now almost back to the weight I was before I left proper Atkins to 'experiment' - only a few pounds to go - and this is a great relief. Atkins is just about perfect for maintaining, and very enjoyable too. Those who love food, i.e. most of us here - can tailor Atkins to suit. It's not a very fast weight loss diet tho, which puts many off. Even so we can eat, and eat well and healthily.

Good luck!

Back