• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Back for good! Just weighed in!

Call me Linzi...
Hi everyone.

I'm back doing Atkins after being diagnosed with diabetes on New Years Eve & the results are speaking for themselves!!

Having done Atkins several times over the years its always been the woe thats made me feel the best... & now this really does have to be a life change!

Hope to catch up with all the threads later on!

Happy Monday! xx
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi Linz, welcome back love, it'll be nice to see you posting again.
Hi Ditzy!

I have just hopped over to this board from the CD, and I had a really big diabetes scare also. A week ago I went to see my CD counsellor (she is also a nutritionsist), and she tested me for all sorts, acid levels, ketones etc etc. She found i was bordering on diabetes and TBH that scared me enough to change my ways! I am finding a low carb diet briliant. Normally I suffer from heartburn, inflamed stomach etc and I have had nothing since starting this way of eating. Except for friday when I was out of food, using up the last of whats in the cupboard lol and I had one of those packet pasta thingy's. I felt really bad after, my stomach was bloated, heartburn constantly belching, headache....so i guess carbs dont agree with me (bad ones). Its almost like being reborn after months/years in a carb cloud! :)

Call me Linzi...
Thanks for saying hi guys.

Hey Pheonix - good to get a heads up & be able to get it sorted before getting a full blown diagnosis... low carbing seems to get rid of alot those niggles that I had with carbs like you said, bloating, heatburn etc...

Every time I wonder why I get lured back to them but the good thing is now I can't do my usual & think well I've blown it... I have to get straight back on track & its far less painful getting back into ketosis quickly!!

Good luck with your journeys. x
Hello and welcome back! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis! As a previous poster said, you already know how to keep on top of it :) Good luck!
Very well done on you loss!