Back for good! Just weighed in!

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
Hi everyone.

I'm back doing Atkins after being diagnosed with diabetes on New Years Eve & the results are speaking for themselves!!

Having done Atkins several times over the years its always been the woe thats made me feel the best... & now this really does have to be a life change!

Hope to catch up with all the threads later on!

Happy Monday! xx

Hi Linz, welcome back love, it'll be nice to see you posting again.

I see her every day Linz. :D

Hi Ditzy!

I have just hopped over to this board from the CD, and I had a really big diabetes scare also. A week ago I went to see my CD counsellor (she is also a nutritionsist), and she tested me for all sorts, acid levels, ketones etc etc. She found i was bordering on diabetes and TBH that scared me enough to change my ways! I am finding a low carb diet briliant. Normally I suffer from heartburn, inflamed stomach etc and I have had nothing since starting this way of eating. Except for friday when I was out of food, using up the last of whats in the cupboard lol and I had one of those packet pasta thingy's. I felt really bad after, my stomach was bloated, heartburn constantly belching, headache....so i guess carbs dont agree with me (bad ones). Its almost like being reborn after months/years in a carb cloud! :)

Thanks for saying hi guys.

Hey Pheonix - good to get a heads up & be able to get it sorted before getting a full blown diagnosis... low carbing seems to get rid of alot those niggles that I had with carbs like you said, bloating, heatburn etc...

Every time I wonder why I get lured back to them but the good thing is now I can't do my usual & think well I've blown it... I have to get straight back on track & its far less painful getting back into ketosis quickly!!

Good luck with your journeys. x

Yey thats fabulous. keep up the good work!

Hello and welcome back! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis! As a previous poster said, you already know how to keep on top of it :) Good luck!

Very well done on you loss!

That's really good Linz, I'm so pleased. :bliss: :bliss:

Back