Back For The Long Haul

The pittas are v filling, I expected not to be too keen on them because of the bits in them but I really enjoyed them :) They were easy to open too and toast, just gently slid a knfe through the middle and they popped right open.

The little mission deli wraps aren't as big as usual wraps but they're still lovely and filling :) Not great if you want quite a few fillings though I guess but then I don't put salad in the middle ones (other than lettuce) as I don't like cucumber/tomato and my mums happy to just eat it fromt he plate alongside it so it is workable.

The fitbit is great :D I don't lose as many cals allegedly as I used to when just remembering the times I started/what I did/time I finished and logged it on MFP but any movement is a loss :D

Have you noticed that you burn less calories with the more weight you lose? My Basic Metabolic Rate started at 1800 cals but now I've lost 11lbs it's reduced by nearly 100 calories!

Another 2lbs off this week which brings it to 11lbs in total in January. Since Sept I've been having lower tummy and lower back pains with lots of trapped wind - really think the weight loss has helped with this as I barely get these symptoms now!

Have you noticed that you burn less calories with the more weight you lose? My Basic Metabolic Rate started at 1800 cals but now I've lost 11lbs it's reduced by nearly 100 calories!

Another 2lbs off this week which brings it to 11lbs in total in January. Since Sept I've been having lower tummy and lower back pains with lots of trapped wind - really think the weight loss has helped with this as I barely get these symptoms now!

Well done on your loss x

unfortunately your bmr goes down as your weight does. ... The older you get the more it goes down too.... That's why it was easier to lose weight when we were younger :-(

PITA isn't it :( It'd be so much easier if we kept the same calorie loss (just for our special group ;) ) to help us out!

PITA isn't it :( It'd be so much easier if we kept the same calorie loss (just for our special group ;) ) to help us out!

I know! I've used that spreadsheet and worked out that when I am at goal weight my BMR will be 1300 calories - I know they say you need to eat 2000 cals to maintain but I'll be needing to burn an extra 700 to do that and it'll be harder because I'll be slimmer!! :cry:

Had 3 cheat days over the weekend so was back to calorie counting yesterday - not expecting a loss this week so best I can hope for is to maintain. How is everyone else getting on? xx

2nd week in Feb and 2 1lb losses, safe to say I have had about 6 cheat days in those 2 weeks so not bad going but I'm really disappointed at my lack of willpower! Both times I cheated happened to be when my in-laws were up (mother-in-law is a damn good cook) and when we went to theirs last week. I just seem to lose all willpower as I think part of it is a social thing and I don't like missing out when everyone else is enjoying themselves (do I really have the right to feel bad for missing out when I am this heavy?!).
However, nothing has been as bad as yesterday. Started off with good intentions - my usual 2 Fuel porridges and dinner was salmon, rice and veg. However I was just constantly hungry and nothing could satiate me. Ended up scoffing a disgusting amount of chocolates and a Morrisons mushroom and garlic bake and 2 Cumberland sausages!

I'm happy with any kind of loss but need to regain my discipline and motivation so my goals for this week are:
1) Stick to 1,000 calorie deficit every day with NO excuses!
2) Walk 10,000 steps every day.
3) Stay away from the chocolate!

Dinner plan until Sunday is:
Tonight: Hairy Dieters' recipe Lancashire Hotpot
Tomorrow: Hairy Dieters' recipe Chicken Jalfrezi
Saturday: Nando's - 5 chicken wings, corn on the cob and a side of halloumi
Sunday: Gammon roast with stuffing, parsnips, carrots and cheesy cauliflower mash

All the best to my fellow WeMITTS, how are you all getting on? xx

Cran, considering the MIL's great cooking etc, I think you've done brilliantly - and you still lost!

There are days when we all eat for England, where we need ...something....but you've just got to draw a line under it, not get too despondent and just keep doing the stuff that works for you xxx

Those dinners sound lush - what time is tea? :)

Aww thanks Susie, it really helps to hear that. Husband is supportive but he was trying to say to me (and made a point of saying that he wasn't being critical) that I should think to myself that I could have lost 2lbs instead of 1lb if I hadn't had those cheat days. In actual fact it doesn't bother me because I've always said I was aiming for 1-2lbs but I know that when I fall off the wagon I do so spectacularly so just want to make sure I get my discipline back.

You should have popped around for tea last night, the Lancashire hotpot was amazing! Did it in the slow cooker so was nice and easy too - definitely a treat to have every fortnight!

How are you getting on? xx

Oh I love hotpot - it's so warming and cheery on these cold evenings! Will definitely be round for the cheesy cauli mash mmmm :D

I'm doing OK thanks hun, despite the little gain this week, but having problems with the syn element. You normally get 5-15 syns a day but the consultant said I could have up to 25 syns a day (because I'm bigger) and to use them all up - but when I do that, I gain! :eek:. So am going to drop it down to 10 and try and stick with that, because i really don't want another gain next Monday!

Sxx

Hi Cranberrie!

I just thought I would pop in to subscribe as we are pretty much the same age and are both WeMITTS so It will be interesting to follow your journey... which seems to be moving forward (mine is mostly backwards haha) I also have a fitbit one and i love it although its been reading floors funny recently.

love hairy dieters!!!

kate :)

Oh I love hotpot - it's so warming and cheery on these cold evenings! Will definitely be round for the cheesy cauli mash mmmm :D

I'm doing OK thanks hun, despite the little gain this week, but having problems with the syn element. You normally get 5-15 syns a day but the consultant said I could have up to 25 syns a day (because I'm bigger) and to use them all up - but when I do that, I gain! :eek:. So am going to drop it down to 10 and try and stick with that, because i really don't want another gain next Monday!

Sxx

Aww it can be so disheartening to get a gain when you've been following the rules. Have you reduced them this week? I guess different people react differently to amounts - weight loss is a funny old thing! I'm walking A LOT more but burning around the same amount of calories as I did when I first started and I was only a stone heavier then! Fingers crossed for a loss for you this week xxx

Hi Cranberrie!

I just thought I would pop in to subscribe as we are pretty much the same age and are both WeMITTS so It will be interesting to follow your journey... which seems to be moving forward (mine is mostly backwards haha) I also have a fitbit one and i love it although its been reading floors funny recently.

love hairy dieters!!!

kate :)

Hi Kate,

Nice to meet you :) I will subscribe to yours also. All the best with your journey and don't worry - I've had my days where I've gone backwards. Just taking my time with it and trying to make it feel like I'm not depriving myself so it doesn't feel so hard and with calorie counting it's so easy to be flexible with that!

The Fitbit is great but a pain with floors, mine seems to go crazy whenever I'm driving or in the car - even if I add it as an activity it appears to take the steps off but not the floors?!

Would definitely recommend the Hairy Dieters Lancashire Hotpot if you haven't already tried it - it's amazing! xxx

3lbs off this week after the most horrible week! I won't lie and say it was a big effort for me not to comfort eat as I was so shaken up I had lost my appetite! But what I am proud of myself for keeping up with my 10,000 steps every day regardless of the kind of day that I have had - and a lot of that has involved walking up and down my living room!
I've enjoyed delicious meals such as hotpot, a Sunday roast and Nando's and this is what I love about calorie counting. Having said that, what makes it so much more bearable is having MyFitnessPal and Fitbit so you know how much you're set to lose.

Hope you are all doing fab! xx

Oh hun I'm so sorry you had such an upsetting week! Is there anything we can help with?

But a huge well done for keeping your focus and getting that great loss as a result!

Hope you have a much better week xxxx

Oh hun I'm so sorry you had such an upsetting week! Is there anything we can help with?

But a huge well done for keeping your focus and getting that great loss as a result!

Hope you have a much better week xxxx

Aww thanks Susie :) I actually wrote about it here as I was looking for advice http://www.minimins.com/pets-corner/350219-dog-accused-biting-child.html I'm not proud of how I reacted as I was mostly at fault but also not happy that I let the parents speak to me in the way that they did as essentially I was ganged upon. It was on my mind all week and then one day I had a bit of an epiphany - I let a woman who told me that she would be violent towards me tell me that she thought my dog had aggressive tendencies (he's the most loving, innocent and trusting dog and his only problems are his size and energy) and I just had to laugh at the hypocrisy and realised that some people need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt!

I hope you've had a great week, finally re-figured out how to subscribe to other threads so will catch up on yours after work :) We're off to the Yorkshire dales from tomorrow to Friday - this will be a real challenge in sticking to the plan. No pub lunches for me! :wave_cry: xxx

Oh I read the other thread and can see completely why you were so upset, you poor love - that sort of confrontation is so awful!

But at least you got some great advice from another owner, and you're being sensible about keeping your gorgeous boy (those eyes!) on a long lead.

Have a lovely time away, put it all behind you and just enjoy yourself x

Oh I read the other thread and can see completely why you were so upset, you poor love - that sort of confrontation is so awful!

But at least you got some great advice from another owner, and you're being sensible about keeping your gorgeous boy (those eyes!) on a long lead.

Have a lovely time away, put it all behind you and just enjoy yourself x

Thank you Susie, I'm lucky to have had so many kind words of support to help put it behind me :)

The holiday, on the other hand, was a total failure food-wise! I went with every good intention but as soon as we arrived, the cottage owners had laid out a cream tea for us and I said to my husband that for the duration of the holiday I wanted to go off plan and enjoy myself but not go crazy. After I had allowed myself to do that, the sense of freedom I had made me insanely happy but as I usually go, I fell off the wagon spectacularly and binged like I had never eaten before! We got back on Friday but my binging lasted throughout the weekend too!
On top of that we had a 5 hour walk in the Dales and I've somehow damaged my ankle doing that so I can't stay on my feet for too long and that rules out the dog walks and exercise that I was doing before for the timebeing. :cry:
I've decided not to weigh myself until a week on Thursday so I don't let the damage get to me too much and am back on it as of today!
Hope you've had a great weekend and are ever closer to reaching the 2st loss mark :) xxx

Oh noooo to the ankle, you poor thing, make sure you rest properly - I have bung ankles from walking on them too soon!

But completely understand the food indulgences! I mean, a cream tea, for goodness' sake lol :)

You'll get back on the wagon hun, and waiting to do a WI is sensible.

I'm good, just 1/2lb away from the 2 stone mark (dang it all! lol).

That's such an amazing achievement, you'll get there in no time! And once you get past the 2st mark there really is no stopping you! I always set goals in relation to my average weight which has been around 15st - once I get below there I know I will start feeling and looking better and the losses will mean so much more because that's when the real changes start happening. I think you'll feel the same once you fly past your 2st loss, you'll be soaring!

I changed my mind and decided not to skip WI today just because I have been good since Mon so thought the damage wouldn't have been so bad! 1lb loss since WI 2 weeks ago so considering that 6 out of those 14 days have been awful 'stuffing my face' days, I'll take that!

One real positive is that I haven't found it so difficult when I have started again but need to limit these cheat days. Definitely none in March now!

Ooh and I also bought a vegetable spiralizer which is brilliant! You can turn courgettes into spaghetti noodles, fry them off and have them with a normal bolognese for much fewer calories - had a delicious lamb ragu with it to hide the courgette taste and it really worked! Texture is not 100% the same as spaghetti but it wasn't an issue for me - and I really don't like vegetables! Would recommend this to anyone who wants to make their veg more appealing!

Hope you have a lovely week and look forward to your 2st celebrations! xxx

i got one to i got mine from amazon x x x

Back