Back from Greneda..looong story!!!

airgirl

Gold Member
Hiya everyone,

Well to say i'm upset is a complete understatement but i have just got back from my work trip where i planned to stay 100% on my cd journey but here is what happened!!

On the way out from Gatwick i had my shakes confiscated, i was fuming with security but there was no way the were letting me keep them..i was worried about how i'd get through the flight considering i had been up at 3:30am and was just getting on the plane at 8am so saved my first shake to have onboard. No amount of arguing with security made any difference and i actually eneded up crying as i knew i would HAVE to eat something on the flight!! I held out for another 5hours on just my water but then felt so faint and with no healthy options onboard i had to have a passenger meal of chicken and potato (which are rumoured to be goated in glucose). I was gutted to say the least as i wanted more than anything to do this trip still focused on losing weight.

Anyway once we landed in Barbados it became apparent ALL my shakes and packs had been removed from my hold baggage too....so i was stuck in the Caribbean with nothing/nada/ziltch!!

Well i'm sure you can all guess the rest really, after passengering over to Greneda we were in a seculded hotel with 2 restaurants and really not the healthiest choice of foods...and i've been stuck there almost a week!!

I dread to think how much weight i have put on, all i want is to get back on track and get my body and head to where it was at before the trip but i'm so worried i won't be able to do this a second time. I was so determind and focused and i feel really upset that i didn't CHOSE to cheat but the option was taken out of my hands.

I'm sorry for the rant, but i really feel like i've thrown all my hard work out of the window and the last thing i wanted was to have to re-start. I've just written a formal letter to security but that doesn't undo whats happened....argggh i'm so gutted i could scream, and you know what i honestly didn't enjoy any of the food at all...not one bit!!

I think you are so pi$$ed off that you will get back into CD again without too much problem. It may be difficult but your determination will get you through. Dont worry about any weight you may have put off as CD will soon enable you to get that weight back off again. Take Care and Good Luck with the restart hun xx

That blows but, like flirtygirl says, you sound so fired up and full of determination that you'll get straight back on the horse

xx

o hunni thats crap, Im sure you will get back into it hun.xxx

Hey Airgirl - welcome back - we missed you. That's such a shame they confiscated all your shakes, I'd be gutted too.....but hey, you have determination in bucketloads, so just get back on into it and you'll soon be on track again. x

Heya hun, welcome back. That sucks big time getting your shakes taking of you.Im sure you will get back into it in no time hun you are very determined to get this weight of. Let us know how you get on hun :)

Hi airgirl - no wonder you were gutted. You have done so well up to now and the last week was out of your control. Put it behind you and think back to where you were in the first few weeks. You gave me some good advice at the start and I am sure if you think the same way again you will be back where you need to be in no time at all - remember if you have put some weight on some of it will be the glycogen (sp) and water stores so as soon as you get into ketosis again these will come straight off. Good luck and let us know how you are gettting on - we're glad to have you backxx

why were your shakes confiscated, they're sealed powder, not liquid, and why was sealed shakes and briks taken out of your main luggage too, i'd scream my human rights from the rooftop:mad:

I was wondering the same as BBlilsis - I going on holidays in September and was hoping to bring shakes and bars in my luggage so that bar the evening meal, I could try stick to SS+ as much as I could.

I was wondering the same as BBlilsis - I going on holidays in September and was hoping to bring shakes and bars in my luggage so that bar the evening meal, I could try stick to SS+ as much as I could.

I've flown countless times and never had anything confiscated, its liquids they don't want on board, so you should be ok if you pack everything in your check-in luggage.

I'm amazed at airgirls experience :confused::confused::confused:

The problem was that i use tetra's...i had enough tetra's to last me and just 3 powder packs just incase i needed them. They were all wrapped together in my hold baggage which must of been removed the London end of security and the 3 tetra's in my carry on bag were taken out and confiscated infront of me at security!!

As crew we go through a different security channel and i have never had a problem before, just rekon i got the power tripped muppet searching my bag...to be fair she was a right cow about it when i tried arguing my point, as crew we should be allowed to carry more and usually are..like i said i have never had a problem at Heathrow security but this Gatwick was another matter. Bars would be fine to take and the powders but i made the mistake of packing my tetra's and 3powders together so they obviously just took it all out, sent my bag through then searched the whole packet!!

I have figured a way around it now for next time, just unfortunatly cos i had never had a problem before i didn't think to do it this time. Live and learn i guess.

Going to see cdc tomorrow and straight back on it.xx

am so sorry they did this to you.
demand an apology and a refund of the products they took from you.
hope things are ok when you see your cdc and ive no doubt you will be right back in the swing of things cos your onr determined lady

I'm sure that you will show them all with getting right back into it despite the obstacles. Good luck.

Hi airgirl & welcome back.

i can't believe they have removed your tetra's from your hold luggage. Are they allowed to do that?
I'd certainly br p*!$ed off too!

With the way you're all fired up you won't have a problem getting back onto SS. :D

xx

Hi Airgirl,
I am so sorry this happened to you but like you said you didn choose to not stay on cd u were FORCED.
As you are one of the people on here that has given me the most inspiration i know from your attitude you will be straight back in there with it all and it will be a tiny blip in your journey in the long run. Keep smiling and welcome back we have missed you xx

The problem was that i use tetra's...i had enough tetra's to last me and just 3 powder packs just incase i needed them. They were all wrapped together in my hold baggage which must of been removed the London end of security and the 3 tetra's in my carry on bag were taken out and confiscated infront of me at security!!

As crew we go through a different security channel and i have never had a problem before, just rekon i got the power tripped muppet searching my bag...to be fair she was a right cow about it when i tried arguing my point, as crew we should be allowed to carry more and usually are..like i said i have never had a problem at Heathrow security but this Gatwick was another matter. Bars would be fine to take and the powders but i made the mistake of packing my tetra's and 3powders together so they obviously just took it all out, sent my bag through then searched the whole packet!!

I have figured a way around it now for next time, just unfortunatly cos i had never had a problem before i didn't think to do it this time. Live and learn i guess.

Going to see cdc tomorrow and straight back on it.xx

Jaysus I hate jobsworth muppets like that security *unt you had to deal with, it must have made her day, you were getting on the flight and she had to stay behind checking peoples luggage, how boring must that be...they tend to get a power surge if they manage to upset somebody :mad:

don't let her ignorance beat ya in the end, look forward to passing her by in a month or so, much slimmer, she'll still be stood there checkin luggage as you saunter past for distant isle's :p

I can feel how pi$$ed and gutted you are, that this has happened. However I agree witrh others that as the choice wasnt yours to eat, you will easily get back onto the programme.... Good luck x

Thanks for all your confidence in me girls...i will do it and get back on track. Thanks for your message Janie, your very sweet, have missed being on here so much i didn't actually realise just how much it did help me until i didn't have it to hand!!

Ok so enough of my negativity, whats done is done and as of tomorrow i will be 100% again and going through those fabulous 3days but as i'm moving house i should be kept busy enough to dodge the side effects.

The trip was great thanks Shell, although i didn't enjoy the eating part i did enjoy the alcohol bit and had some lovely crew and made some great friends and got a nice tan!! Oh and met a man, lol.....for those of you that kept up with my dating life and the facebook husband i can tell you he is well and truly forgotten about....infact i think all men are off the agenda while i get back on track, i'm not good a multi tasking.xx

Back