Back from Holiday, any tips for getting back on plan??

LisaIris

Hi there.

I've just come back from a 2 week holiday. I put on 4.5lb... which I didn't think was too bad, it could've been much worse!!!!

I'm having trouble getting myself back on plan, I just seem to be craving junk food, takeaways, chocolate, cake all of it. The nice healthy mindset appears to have gone completely.

I'm filling out a diary sheet & I am resisting eating the kids biscuits & buying junk, this morning I even ate fruit in a Costa, even though I was desperate for a blueberry muffin. I didn't feel deprived of anything before I went on holiday but now i'm back it's proving difficult.

Have you got any tips for getting back on it after a holiday?

Thanks, Lisa.

I'd go buy the SW mag for some new ideas. Or browse the recipes on here or the SW website. Get fired up again. Its so hard when you have had a bit of free reign but it is do-able and you have made an excellent start!!

Thanks Sam, I did pick up the latest magazine yesterday at group, signed up for another 12 week count down to keep me motivated too.

Wow 4.5lb gain from hols isn't so bad.

I have in my mindset before the holiday ends that I'll be back on SW the moment we land. Just do a bit of talking to yourself remind yourself how well you've done & that you are no longer on holiday.

Plan lots of SW friendly meals for the next few days, add in your favourite treats & you'll be back on it soon ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I could do 4.5lbs in a few days haha. I'm secretly jealous. Well not so secretly given that I have just said it!

Read your food optimising book over again and if possible sit through the new members part of the meeting again, my consultant is always encouraging that. Really good way to get motivated again

Thanks for the tips, I'll go through the food optimising book again too.
My 12 weeks countdown has just bagged me a new book to add to my collection :)

Thanks for the tips, I'll go through the food optimising book again too.
My 12 weeks countdown has just bagged me a new book to add to my collection :)

I recall one consultant saying "one food optimising day will get you back on track" and I've found that to be very true.
I suggest you write a plan for the day and stick to it - it can be really tough when you've been away and relaxed your plan a bit. So.......... congratulate yourself for only gaining 4.5lbs and set your mind on losing it this weel.
Good luck xx

I've been back from holiday for about 3 weeks and I've been really struggling to get motivated again! This thread has been a great help. I feel better already. Thanks guys!!! xxx

Was also going to suggest the treat it as a brand new experience thing, read your books daily and plan your shopping so you get SW friendly bits in, I find that when I 'lose my way' I have to put a determined mindset on. I'm writing down everything, upping my speed food and flick through my books every 2nd night.

Finally think of the money you'll waste if you carry on eating what you fancy! I hate wasting my hard earned ££s too!

I find batch cooking always seems to give me the feel good factor. We save the plastic trays from the Chinese takeaway and these are brilliant for decanting into and freezing meals. I think knowing there is usually something on standby in the freezer helps to motivate you and stay on track. You could always cook up a storm this weekend.

The countdown you've signed up for is a great way to get yourself back into the swing of things and you will soon lose that small gain you made. Good luck with everything :D

Maybe you need to set yourself another goal - you've just back off your hols - which you must have planned for ages, and followed the plan to lose some weight before you went.

You just need something else to look forward too! Anything... I don't know... birthday coming up? Weekend away? August Bank Holiday blow-out?! Christmas?! (eek - sorry about that!).

You'll get back into the swing of things. We are not robots - we just can't flick a switch and we'll start thinking differently. Doesn't happen!

Hope you had a fab holiday and your gain was nothing. That'll be gone before you know it!!

Good luck.
Lx

Back