Back from Hols

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Hi all I'm back, I ate an evening meal every night & lunch most days. I also had an ice-cream every day, I did not drink alcohol or anything other than water.
The temperature in Gran Canaria was 49 deg, yes you did read that right, they were having a heatwave, it had blown over from Africa.
People were sleeping on sun beds outside their apartments because it was too hot to sleep inside. Luckily it only lasted for three days of our holiday & then went down to a bearable 30 deg.
When I put my jeans on to travel home, I realised I'd put on weight, they felt tight & uncomfortable, I did not like that feeling.
I came back on Sunday morning & went straight back into abstinance until weigh in Monday night where I weighed in 7lbs heavier.
Then my chatterbox got the better of me & I gave in Monday night & Tuesday morning.
I think I need to come on here when I feel the urge to eat because I'm finding it difficult to get back on track.
I think I'm worried about my class because my foundation class stayed together through part of development, but now it has joined 2 other development classes & it feels really scary, also there is one person from foundation who has moved on & the two others only have 8lbs to lose. I feel like I'm going to be on my own because I still want to lose between 1 & 2 stones, this could possibly affecting how I feel.
Anyway the sun is shining, that always makes me feel good, one other thing, since eating proper food my hair has been falling out in clumps, it was falling out a little before, but now it is really bad, hopefully that will stop when I'm back in abstinance properly.

Hi Cherry

don't worry - you're back on minis! Hope you managed to enjoy the holiday, in spite of the heat. Why not join the Development thread? I think you will find a gang of us over there, ready to cheer you on. Development is hard, hard, hard! Sorry but that's my experience and I've written a guide, which I hope will help other people NOT make the mistakes I did. Many of us have gone right back to basics and this week is commitment to abstinence week - check it all out here:

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/19450-highs-lows-development-6.html

Good luck and welcome back to abstinence. You're two thirds of the way there - 76lbs down is pretty awesome in my book!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxx

Thanks Mrs Lard I will do just that.

Hi Cherry

I could have shouted, me too! about 7 times when I read your post. I have had such a similar experience to you Cherry. I went on holiday and ate every day and came out of Ketosis after about 4 days, it was a bit like a beige flag to a bull, becuase chatterbox went oh well your out now so you may as well make the most of it, and I did! I was lucky however because I manged to make low carb choices and I actaully came back a couple of pounds lighter which by weigh in 5 days later had turned into 5pounds. However it I cant pretend its been easy since I returned , as I think once youve eaten and lost it has a kind of 'well you still lost and you had fun with food, so..... ; well you can guess the rest. This wasnt helped by the fact that I went into development when I returned and I didnt like it at all, felt lost with loads of new faces and knew I was facing months of this becuase like you I still have a couple of stones to go. I too have had hair coming out in literally HANDFULLS!! , god when I wash my hair if I push all the hair into one place its the size a guinea pig! it looks like a mans toupe lying there! YUK!!! It worries me , even though my hair looks no thinner so I guess its just the hair we didnt shed when we were SSing, becuase I hardly lost any and I always shed quite a bit before as I have really thick curly long hair. I think its becuase our bodies thought right lads the crisis is over shes eating again so lets get rid of the old stuff and make some new with all these lovely cals shes put in! (You think I'm mad right? )
Any way , cherry just had to tell you that your not alone, I too really struggled to srop the old hand to mouth habit that developed on holiday, but I sorted myself out and am now on CD and back in the pink, and losing well again!
I hope you can sort the dev thing out , there are lots of lovely people on here doing it who have done their best to help the many who have found the transistion hard for lots of reasons so my advice is look at Mrs Lards thread etc and tell yourself you are strong enough to get through this , becuase you wouldnt even be at this point if you wernt, we all mostly went into this alone and collected help along the way.
I hope it goes well Cherry keep us informed and stop that nibbling young lady!

Big hug winging its way to you

Ahh Thanks Heaven can wait, your words have really helped, thankyou.
I've been abstinant since wednesday, although I have been having 5 to 6 packs a day, I know I'm only supposed to have 4 but it is the only way to keep food out of the picture.
Also I realised that my two foundation friends are only 8lbs away from management & I don't want to be left behind, so I'm trying to be really strong & stay on the straight & narrow.
I've lost 8lbs since Sunday according to my scales, which I think is probably mostly glycogen, but I think I've nearly eradicated the damage done over the holiday.
Hope you're doing ok?

Hi Cherry ,
I wouldnt worry about the extra packs , if its helps you stay abstinant then its working and it will be easier to drop a pack or two gradually thean to wean yourself off food again and again, which is what I had been doing for about 2 weeks after my holiday. I was doing really well, back in the pink, and losing Ok, but been away for the weekend and I have had the odd glass of wine and a little bit of this and that , you know , but back home now so back on the straight and narrow. Must admit the new flavours on CD are helping becuase I actually do look forward to my packs they are really nice, but theres no doubt that I need to kick myself up the you know what and get back in the race , the sooner we get back into it 100% the sooner we will be done, eh Cherry?
So well done on the weight loss and keep it , so glad you have a good incentive to catch up to your foundation buddies and I wish you luck.

Back