Back from my gallbladder scan and...

kellymundy

Gold Member
Apparently I have loads of little gall stones according to the woman who scanned me :(.
I have to wait until next week to go and see my GP and get the official diagnosis. He'll then decide the best course of action to take (*fingers crossed* please not an op, please not an op!).

If there giving you pain you will prob have to get them out. I had mine out it wasnt that bad i still have them in a jar here!!

I'm hoping they'll give the sonic wave thing a try first to be honest so I don't have to come off the diet. I just can't face 3 months off of CD because it will mean I won't hit my target for X-mas.

ooooooo fingers crossed for ya hunni!

xx

I'm hoping they'll give the sonic wave thing a try first to be honest so I don't have to come off the diet. I just can't face 3 months off of CD because it will mean I won't hit my target for X-mas.

I know what you mean hun, Hopefully they will try that 1st. I suffered all through out my pregnancy with them a nightmare they are. Keep us posted. Fingers crossed that u dont have to have the op

becky x

Sorry to hear you've got gallstones, will keep everything crossed that they can do something non-invasive xxx

I was diagnosied with gallstones following a scan ( and several months of discomfort, acid indegestion and being sick!) I wanted to try and avoid surgery if I could do I decided to try a flush. Basically it involves drinking warm olive oil & lemon juice and passing them naturally. It worked for me, i passed them the following day and i have never had a problem since (that was 10 years ago!) If you want the instructions pm me xx

Sorry to hear you have GS (((hugs))) hope that they can dissolve them without having to operate, fingers crossed hun xxx

Really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for a good result at the GP.

What are the symptoms?

Thanks for the offer bluemoon but after a bit a research on the 'flush' thing I don't think it's a goer I'm afraid. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that my GP comes up with a plan that doesn't involve an operating theatre.
Thanks everyone for being so nice, I'll give you an update next week when I see my GP.

had mine removed 2 years ago, no probs at all, if you stay on the diet should be no reason for them to be a prob, ask if you can delay op until you are at target. would be better on health grounds, i had to wait 6 months for my liver function to return to normal after gall stones caused pancreatitis had low fat diet and no attacks
hope this works for you x x x x

Really sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for a good result at the GP.

What are the symptoms?

You get an unimaginable pain in your stomach/chest that feels like you've been punched (but the pain is constant). It eminates from just under your right rib and can also be felt in your back just under your right shoulder blade and slightly down your right arm in the worst cases. From what I've read it's very similar to the feeling of a heart attack but on wrong side. Needless to say, it's not pleasent!

Kelly, I was fortunate enough to have my Gallbladder removed three years ago. I hadn't realised how sick I was until it was removed. I really felt so much better.

The consultant I saw at the time told me he does not recommend the laser as it really is only a temporary solution as they will always come back. He always advocates whipping the gallbladder out.

Honestly, you will feel like a new woman after your op, why prolong the pain any longer, once its out its gone and its a fabulous feeling!

I'm not totally against having it removed I would just like to put it off until I'm done losing the weigh as I know if I stop CD for 3 months I'll never get back into the swing of it. I may ask if I can do the sound wave thing for now and then next year when I'm done losing the weigh they can whip my gallbladder out if it they want to, hell they can have it stuffed and wall mounted if they want so long as they let me hit my target weight first! lol.

Back