Back from the Drs

Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been a bit quiet, Been stressing about my Drs appt and didn`t want to moan at you all :rolleyes:

I saw her this morning for my blood results and the appt went "OK".

Suprisingly, My Thyroid levels came back slightly high so she has reduced my Thyroxine from 200mg a day to 175mg and I have to go for bloods again in 3 months time (NOT looking forward to that bit :( )

My liver,glucose and renal and FBC all came back fine :D but my cholesterol is high and given my family history she said it was best that I started on meds for it as it is all down to genetics mostly which diet/exercise won`t do anything about :( which means I definately have to give up feeding Takara :cry: :cry: :cry:

I mentioned my weight loss (well lack of it lol) and she offered me the Xenical - I didn`t have to ask. She praised me for the loss I have had so far :D She told me that they DO work, But that if I cheat, I pay the consequences and we had a bit of a giggle about that :p

We also chatted about how fab the Wii Fit was (she had asked me how I lost the 22lbs) and she was telling me how she enjoys the skiing and I told her I am rubbish at it :rolleyes:

I was umming and ahhing on the cholesterol pills and Xenical as I am upset about giving up feeding tho I know in the long run it is the best thing for both of us as Twig needs a healthy mummy and I need to be healthy. So my Dr said she would give me the prescriptions and I could keep them until I felt ready to take them.

My DH is taking the kids to Yorkshire this weekend to see his parents, So I am having a "girls night in" with a couple of friends with wine/dvds/take away and then I will start on them so that giving up feeding won`t be too hard on my little one as she won`t be here. I have explained when she comes back from Grandma & Grandpas she won`t be able to feed anymore, But I`m not sure how much went in :(

Anyway... This is a lot of waffle - Sorry!!

Off to give my gorgeous girl a feed now while I still can ;) :D

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter, Speak later

Xxxxx

Aww Lise, mixed emotions eh? :) Your doc sounds really supportive too, which is another plus point in your favour hun. And don't stress about your little one, you've given her a lot more than most, and she'll be fine when you stop BFing her. Emotionally I think it will be a lot harder on you than her ( isn't that always the way though lol :D )
xxx

Thanks for the lovely reply Ali x

I know I am going to be affected more than her by it. She asked last night if she could have a feed, And usually she would just help herself at the same time lol But last night she waited until I said it was ok. And the day before yesterday she asked for a feed and I was doing something so I said hang on a min and she just went off and didn`t come back :( I know these are good signs as she seems to be accepting that she may not be able to feed but it is me who is feeling upset :rolleyes:

I am dreading tomorrow morning :cry: As I know it will be the last time I ever feed her again :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eeek, I am going on again, Sorry. That`s why I have been quiet on the board the last few days, Didn`t want to go on and bore you all :sigh:

My Dr is great, I am really lucky. I am a bit concerned that if I lose all my weight I will be left with excess skin, But I think if that does happen, She would be supportive in trying to gain a TT on the NHS.

Anyway, Will shut up now... Hope you`re having a good week :)

Love LiSe Xxxx

Hi Lise,

It must be soooo hard for you, but it sounds like your daughter is adapting relly well so you've handled it great with her so well done to you.
You post as much as you want hun, were all here for each other.
xx

Thanks Michele x

I have just fed her and was crying (again) and she asked why I was sad? I told her I was sad as she wouldn`t be able to feed anymore but I was happy that we could have lots of cuddles :) Apart from being wary of me crying, The giving up feeding didn`t seem to phase her.

I really need to get a grip of myself really :sigh:

Hope everything is going well with you xXxx

Aww Lise, of course you feel sad, its the end of an era for you and your little one, but it's also the begining of a new one for you both :) xxx

Aww Lise, that's what we are all here for, to moan and talk about things and get things off our chests. You'll probably take not BFeeding harder than your little one but just remember, as one door closes, another one opens xxx

Back