Back in the Saddle - Literally!

Lindam

Silver Member
At long last! After 4 weeks of being unable to do any form of exercise I am now back on my bike - did a very gentle ride yesterday and today's exercise will involve a few hilly bits (but there is a pub half way round - hurrah!!):party0049:

Taz

Have to admit to feeling much better now i am back into the exercise routine. Was used to doing 3 gym sessions in the week and walking or cycling at weekends with husband - was very hard today up the hills but it will get better. Back to the gym next Friday (giving myself 2 full weeks after operation to fully recover before using Powerplate etc)

Did I miss something? What operation did you have? I had a knee operation on December 22nd 2006 and on March 26th 2007 I started martial arts. I wasn't sure how my knee would hold up but a year later and I'm 4 off my black belt in karate and have started to do kickboxing too. I do still have troubles with my knee but it doesn't stop me!

Taz - sorry, had a small gynae op - laproscopy where they put a camera through the belly button and insturments through another small cut. Hope that is not too much detail if you are about to eat!

Bllleeeeeuuuuurrggggg far too much detail for me :jelous: Especially in my line of work.. you know I have a delicate stomach :D

Taz - sorry, had a small gynae op - laproscopy where they put a camera through the belly button and insturments through another small cut. Hope that is not too much detail if you are about to eat!
Mine was keyhole too. It's amazing. They gave me a DVD of my op but I haven't been brave enough to watch it yet

They showed me and my husband a photo of my insides at the hospital - my husband said 'what's that bit?' - the response? 'oh that's fat' - think I shall keep on with SW!!!

what's not so nice is that my husband knew the answer already and asked on purpose!

Congrats with getting back on your bike again, I love cycling, such a feeling of freedom.

Hope you are doing better now after your op - I would have slapped my better half after a comment like that!! He probably would have known as well....

Back