Back on Track...

Shuffler

Well had stuck to it 100% until yesterday - it was my birthday so I ended up giving in and having tapas and cocktails in the evening. BUT... I had a wonderful time that I don't think I would have had if I didn't go out and have a few drinks and some damned nice food. I'm back on track today and will continue with Exante 100% until I get to the end of 8 weeks!
Feeling surprisingly good about it, usually things like this just make me jack a diet in, but I feel like it wasn't even a mistake to eat yesterday, I thought about it properly and it was my birthday present to myself.
I do hope I don't put on weight though - I am not expecting to lose but hopefully that'll be it :)

Glad that you are happy with it and as you say it was your birthday. Happy Birthday! I bet the tapas tasted amazing!

I am going away at the end of may and I plan to stick with the diet during the day but I am certainly going to enjoy and evening meal with my family every night xXx

Birthdays are an exception surely, it's our wedding anniversary next week and i'm having some wine to celebrate no matter what!

I think it is an exception - I was being way too harsh on myself to think I had to go without!

St Ives - it did taste good but I got full up very quickly and it seemed very rich indeed! Bet you're looking forward to your holiday!

Happy Anniversary for next week Mrs R !

Sounds like you had a great birthday Shuffler. Well done on getting straight back to it.

Yes, I guess there are differing schools of thought, but I figure that VLCDs are so dramatically life-changing that occasionally the real (happy) world has to have a look in. Last year I was on LL over my birthday and didn't relax on the day.... but by the following weekend I was full of resentment and then systematically sabotaged the final two weeks of the programme and never got back on track (and thus gained it all back again). So good for you! Belated happy birthday!

Back