Back on xenical

Kattty

Hi just been put back on xenical have tried it in the past not took it properly as scared of side affects but am now at a point were I need to really lose weight as my bmi is 40 what I wanted to ask is does xenical work on what you ate the day before and also if you know you are going to eat something which maybe you shouldn't how long before that should you avoid taking xenical please

Hi just been put back on xenical have tried it in the past not took it properly as scared of side affects but am now at a point were I need to really lose weight as my bmi is 40 what I wanted to ask is does xenical work on what you ate the day before and also if you know you are going to eat something which maybe you shouldn't how long before that should you avoid taking xenical please

Hi & welcome. My advice is take it properly then it will stop you eating the things that you probably know you shouldn't, it's what I did & it worked. But the genuine rule is 72 hours either way so if you're gonna eat badly it means for one day you'd really need to be off it a week in which time you could completely fall off the wagon so it's pretty dangerous x

If your serious about these tablets you wont want to cheat i think you have to stop taking them about 3 or 4 days to avoid side effects but whats the point. How much did you lose before on the tablets? I dont think with me i had side effects on what i ate the day before i took them but i suppose it just depends on the person and how quickly it all goes through the system. Ypu will only get side effects if you are eating too much fat. Stick to the plan and it will be so worth it

Good Luck

Hi last time I took them I lost about 3lb in a month but I wasn't taking them as I should and my nurse refused to give me anymore so i have spent some time thinking about it this time and seen my doc thanks for the advice the reason I asked is how long does it stay in your system is because on either a fri or sat night me and my fella have the house to ourselves and have a few glasses of wine and maybe split a pizza and I don't want to have any embarrassing accidents

Hello,

You will have the side effects with a pizza unless you can find one that is 5g of fat or less per 100g. Why don't you make a healthy meal that both of you can enjoy otherwise you are going to be in a cycle of stop start with the tablets. You could have the pizza Saturday and stay in all weekend and go out Monday and find you have the side effect whilst out. Personally for me i'd rather stick to the rules for fear of the side effects in public.

Hi, yes, the others have hit the nail on the head - you really shouldn't be planning on eating pizza or anything like that every week if you're serious about getting the weight off this time. I'd certainly leave it a few months before trying anything like that, as it is all too easy to fall off the wagon in the early days - I think it was about four months in before I allowed myself a day "off" and even then I was terrified that I'd go off the rails, lol. Let your other half have the pizza, you can find something within the guidelines that will be just as enjoyable - believe me, it's worth it in the end! Good luck. :) xx

Thank you for all the advice I guess it's about finding alternatives to what you would have normally eaten in the past and you can still eat nice things and still lose weight my boyfriend is really supporting me which is a good help plus there is plenty of support on here which is really good and helpful

Kattty said:
Thank you for all the advice I guess it's about finding alternatives to what you would have normally eaten in the past and you can still eat nice things and still lose weight my boyfriend is really supporting me which is a good help plus there is plenty of support on here which is really good and helpful

Oh yes, you absolutely can and should eat things you enjoy, or you won't stick to it. But something as high fat as pizza on a weekly basis at this stage wouldn't be the best idea - as Lexie said, you might as well not bother with the Xen, lol. Incidentally, my only really bad instance of side-effects was pizza related! :) xx

I think M&S count on us pizza is within the rules if you really need pizza but I just found alternatives & it was so worth it i promise you x

Thanks Lexie and Tracy and Tracy I really agree on what you said about cutting foods out completely means there is a chance you will not succeed which isn't good and I think that's why probably most dieters fail again its all about finding tasty healthy foods

Hi, as Lexie said M and S do a count on us pizza and pizza express do a couple of lighter pizza that are within the rules - nice with a big salad.. Definitely stay away from other pizzas though! X

Back