Back pain :(

tazzy21

I woke up in the middle of the night with the most tremendous back pain I've ever had, saying that I'm at my biggest ever weight. It still really really hurts, painkillers don't really help. I know it's due to my weight but I wondered if anyone knew the best way to treat it. I thought about gentle excercise like walking. I really have to lose weight. I'm starting to feel like its a life of death situation and I'm only 19 :cry:

Hun, you should just rest, or low impact - would you swim??

Wot painkillers you taking?

im gonna see if i can get some co codamol today or some with it in. I'm gonna go for a little walk and try and swim. Does swimming really help it though?

ah bless you tazzy i hate having a bad back when my totm is due i start with a really sharp painful back for a couple of days then goes (only since i've been on depo injection!)

swimming is good it just takes the weight of your body i love it even if you just get to the pool and do a little i bet you'll feel better, chin up at least your doing something about it great loss in your 1st week go girl x :)

pilates and yoga is supposed to help as it strengthens muscles and helps with posture. you can pick up loads of cheap dvds on play.com.

my mum suffers with a bad backs and one time her GP sent her to the hospital for acupuncture and she said the relief was amazing.

i hurt my lower back a few years ago to the point where i spent a few days crawling on my hands and knees as i couldn't stand up. when i went back to work a week later i was still in pain and i suffered for a few more months. then one day out of the blue i went swimming and i did high leg stretches - alternating one foot on the floor and bringing one up to my chest.... as soon as i did that my back pain went and never came back! i guess it was a trapped nerve. i nearly cried with joy when it happened! ....swimming is worth a try even if you just walk around in the pook and stretch. :)

ah bless you tazzy i hate having a bad back when my totm is due i start with a really sharp painful back for a couple of days then goes (only since i've been on depo injection!)

i used to get leg and back pain when i used to have the depo. it's bloody horrible!

Swimming is the only exercise I do really. Good on you for making the decision to do something about your weight and improve your lifestlye x

Back