Back to Exante- one year on

HelenL

Silver Member
Well here I am back in this Forum almost one year to the day of starting Exante first time round. I first started Exante on 18th August 2013 at 12st 3lb and subsequently lost just over 2 stone in a relatively short period of time. I enjoyed the diet for the most part but started going off the meals and at the point of almost reaching my goal I felt happier with my figure :D and it was a busy time with work and the kids- I stopped the diet and joined the gym in an attempt to keep the weight off. I kept most of it off for quite a while but the past few months have really let myself go and my weight has spiralled back up to 11st 9lbs.

Many of my newer clothes don't fit me again and I am loathed to get my 'fat clothes' back out of the loft so decided its time... I placed an order today for some products, have stocked up on bottled water and green tea (my saviour on this diet) and am using some leftover products from last time that I still have in the cupboard from last time round.

Bit about my lifestyle... I work part time, am married with 3 kids, age 33. Have gym membership which has gone by the wayside a bit recently (oops).

I have been meaning to come back to Exante for a while and there's always a reason why not to - never a 'good time' but the situation with my clothes and how I feel about myself has pushed me to make a start. I am going to be away for a few days next week with my youngest and my mum and the week after taking my lo to cbeebiesland with my hubby and staying in a hotel for a couple of nights so I will tackle those challenges as they come. If I break he diet for a day or 2 at least I will have made a start!

For now I'm just thinking about today. I have had 2 cups of green tea, loads of iced water and a strawberry shake so far today... and while I ponder over the idea of a (slightly out of date) carbonara for lunch, I actually feel quite excited!! :happy036:

OMG just realised it is EXACTLY a year to the day since I joined this forum first time round and here I am restarting without even realising that it is an exact year on!

Urgh its 20 past 8 in the evening of day 1 and already the motivation is beginning to dwindle. That familiar evening feeling during the first couple of days has set in... FOOOD! Just went and opened fridge, drooled over its contents, closed it and came up to my bedroom leaving the kids watching you've been framed lol. Think school holidays and kids up late makes it even harder because I can't really hide away upstairs which was my usual strategy last time (further from the fridge!)

Feeling a bit better already and its a good job because my 3 year old just came to tell me 'mummy I need your help my sticker's broke'.... bedtime story for him followed by green tea for me. Must stay strong! :eek:

Urgh its 20 past 8 in the evening of day 1 and already the motivation is beginning to dwindle. That familiar evening feeling during the first couple of days has set in... FOOOD! Just went and opened fridge, drooled over its contents, closed it and came up to my bedroom leaving the kids watching you've been framed lol. Think school holidays and kids up late makes it even harder because I can't really hide away upstairs which was my usual strategy last time (further from the fridge!)

Feeling a bit better already and its a good job because my 3 year old just came to tell me 'mummy I need your help my sticker's broke'.... bedtime story for him followed by green tea for me. Must stay strong! :eek:

Well being a daily weigher while on Exante, at the start of day 2 I have just stepped on the scales. yesterday they read 11st9lb. Today they read... 11st5lb!! 4lbs off by day 2!! I know its not 'real weight' off yet but for day 2 I am pretty pleased with seeing this on the scales and has given me a bit of a boost! (I am always fine in the mornings its the evenings I struggle)

Ok so I am on day 3 now and the scales say I have already lost 5lbs lol! Was proud of myself yesterday when I took kids to a pub for lunch with a friend and her children and while they ate I had a cup of boiled water. Despite gazing longingly at the ham and cheese baguette my friend munched through, I knew I wasn't going to cave in which is good as I have the right mind set for now. I struggled yesterday evening and I ate a smallish piece of plain chicken breast which shouldn't be that bad but it made me desperately want something else and I was left with the most agonising carb craving! I actually took a piece of bread out of the bread bin ready to pop in the toaster, had a harsh word with myself and put the bread back. It wasn't easy and it took me a while to get to sleep last night, but I am hoping that is the worst over with. Especially as I have a horrid mouth this morning and my breath smells and tastes like the bat cave at Chester Zoo lol! Which should mean I am getting into Ketosis (yay) BYE BYE FEELING OF STARVATION!!

Havent suffered headaches this time starting out which I did last time so that's good. The worst was my cravings last night and I got through that so hopefully I should be ok. the only thing standing in my way is the fact that my Exante order still hasn't arrived yet and I am now out of shakes and wonder how I will manage on vegetable soups and carbonaras alone! Keep on checking Yodel parcel tracker and it has been at my local delivery centre waiting for 'out with courier' status since yesterday :( Sadly this means it will probably arrive while I am out at work on Monday if it doesn't come today which I was hoping for and I am going to be away from Tuesday evening until Friday. Its looking more likely I wont have my fresh supplies to take with me but I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it

For now, today is another day to get through for now and I am doing ok today... must go grab that bottle of water!

Hiya Helen, welcome back and WOW at the weightloss already. Well done.

Hope your order's arrived xx

Thanks Giggle hope you are back on track just visited your diary :)

I had a bit of a slip up yesterday because I unexpectedly had my niece and nephew to look after and quickly made a picnic to take them out and went out without anything for myself. Managed fine when out but if I don't have my packs fairly regularly I am at risk of eating something else and when I got back and had access to my packs I stupidly ate about half a bag of crisps that were left in the picnic bag oops!

Been 100% though today and I am back on it. I called home at lunchtime from work in a vain hope that that may just happen to be the time my Yodel delivery came. And lo and behold a Yodel van pulled up outside my house literally just behind me and there was my order! Really made up to have that chocolate shake lol

I have a separate order which will come while I am away. Going away to family static caravan after work tomorrow and I am taking my packs with me (wish me luck on that one!)

If I don't post tomorrow I will be back on Saturday and then away again on Sunday for 2 nights. Can I really do this while away from home? Feeling pretty determined right now and if I allow myself a bit of a cheat while away its still better than not bothering until after I am back.

Hiya Helen. Glad to see you're feeling determined and that your order turned up whilst you were there!

Have a nice break and stay strong xx

Well I am SOOO proud to say that I have been completely and utterly 100% while I have been away at the caravan and finished week 1.... 8lbs lighter! GO ME!! Feeling really proud of myself and even sat in McDonalds while my mum and my son ate burgers and just had a black coffee! :)

I have come back this evening instead of tomorrow as I'm away Sunday to Wednesday with my husband and son (staying in a Premier Inn so need to eat out eek). However, I am planning on taking bars and shake and go bottles so that I can have breakfast and lunch on packs and then have a low carb choice when we eat out in the evenings. Need to be realistic about it and that's what I have decided. Even if I undo a bit over those 3 days I will still be lighter than when I started and straight back on it so am pretty pleased that I didn't wait until kids go back to school to start as I am pretty pleased with progress so far

Well here I am another day and another loss!! I am so happy as I have reached another mini milestone and got into the 10s already! Weighed at 10st13lb this morning and really feeling the difference in my clothes

I'm a bit worried about kicking myself out of Ketosis while I am away which is pretty much inevitable as will need to eat out with hubby and little one but I feel like I am doing well and don't want to ruin it.

Finding it much easier than last time I did it last year; probably because of all the variety I have. I bought a pick your own pack and I know better what I like this time. Last time I just bought ******* packs, stuff off ebay and whatever was on the cheapest offer so the pick your own has really made a difference to me. I have loads for now and if I need to order more I will definitely wait for a goed deal on pick your own next time.

While I was away I had omelette with the breakfast eggs and baked porridge cookies which I adore. Actually get to feel like I am making a meal when I feel like eating rather than just powder and liquid.

Feeling good right now and must keep up with the water (not really had enough this morning yet) and the green tea (taking a box of that with me when I go away tomorrow too).

Well I am off now to pack bags for our little mini break and select some products for my breakfasts and lunches. Loads of bottled water already in the boot of the car! :p

Hiya Helen. Well done on being in the 10s already! Excellent losses :woohoo:

Enjoy your mini break and try and stay low carb xx

Back