Back to school

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by redmel, 1 September 2010 Social URL.

1. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone

My two big boys go back to school on Friday......what on earth is the point of going back in for one day! It always used to be the case that they would go back on a Wednesday, sometimes a Thursday...but a Friday!!

They have been so well behaved the whole holidays, until halfway through last week. i think they are just sick of each other now as they just seem to keep bickering and arguing, it is driving me mad.

Anyone else's kids going back on a Friday or is their school the only one?

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Mine doesn't go back on Friday but yours are not the only one. Many schools here go back on Friday.
    I think it's because of the way the dates have fallen to be honest, this week is a bit too early to go back on the weds or thurs and too late on mon or tues, hence going back on a Friday.
    I think it's not a bad idea to be honest, eases them back into it a bit after such a long break.

4. patsy101

patsy101 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Think about the poor teachers... they have just had a LONG break and need to take it slowly!:8855::8855:

5. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Mine go back tomorrow, and I thought the same thing too!! Gotta label the uniforms tonight! :/

6. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're right patsy....I of course will be raring to go, and won't enjoy long summer holidays when I am qualified;)

xx

7. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

My two start back monday, (well, little one STARTS monday :( ) which I think will be very tiring for them, having a full week to kick off with, but usually its a Weds/Thurs restart. Think its just because of dates and late summer finishing this time. I remember when we were at school that the holidays were generally a fair bit longer, it seems these days that they are back in the day after New Years Day for christmas and the minute the calendar says September, but we often didnt go back till about the 9th/10th January and 8th/9th September when we were little.

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aghhh - I'm doing supply teaching now and just want to get back to work. The agency said not to expect much work on Friday. I think I'll dedicate the rest of this week to e-baying (selling, not buying), cleaning and the gym.

STIR CRAZY ! ! ! Get me out of here!!!!! I need some routine back.

9. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    We NEVER went back bank holiday week! Ever! That was always the most popular week for summer hols. To go back Friday of that week is just madness in my opinion. Both mine do too!

10. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine starts senior school today. Term dates started yesterday but they had a training day so physically return today.

11. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    I miss school, those long holidays were the best! We never went back on a Friday though it was always a Monday or Tuesday. Scotland is different though!

12. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Makes sense to have a 'mini-week', to sort out timetables, let the kids get their holiday catch-ups out of the way, do teacher introductions, allocation of text books, writing names on the front of new exercise books...
    Then the craziness can subside the following week and the kids can start fresh on their learning.

However, when I taught we NEVER had partial weeks as the attendance would be so poor. It was the sort of school where parents and kids thought 'oh, they've had Monday off, may as well take the whole week'. Hmmm :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.