Back to Slimming World! I WILL lose the weight!

I've lost 3lbs!!! I think I've lost more in this first week than I even did on my first try at SW! I've stuck to the EE plan 100% and it seems to have worked :) It was my TOTM last week so maybe 1lb of it was water retention, but I'm still very happy! I don't expect to have the same results next Monday, I'll be happy with 1lb!

Yesterday was an odd day... I was lay in bed, not flat, just doing some work research. I'd been out of bed a few times and had breakfast, then my mum called me, out of bed I got, stood there looking up into the loft for 5 or seconds then all of a sudden felt weak and collapsed! It's never happened to me before, I always get the head rushes when I get out of bed (not every time) but I've never collapsed before! I'm hoping it's just down to low blood pressure or just because my head was looking up into the loft! managed to get a nice red mark on my chest too where I fell against the ladder! hopefully it won't happen again!

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Cornflakes Hex b, Milk little bit of Hex a

Lunch: Fridge raiders 2.5 syns, 4 mikado 2 syns

Dinner: Burmese Curry 0.5 syns, yoomoo 8 syns

12.5 syns

On to today....

Breakfast: OSS Hex b

Lunch: Chicken & potato salad with 1 syn light philly, muller light

Dinner: Diet Coke Chicken with sweet potato chips and veg

Snack: mini jammie dodgers 4.5 syns, muller light, 10 x Mikado sticks 5 syns

Syns: 10.5/105

Last edited:
Oooh forgot to add the OH added temptation to my weekend! He brought home from work 2 ring doughnuts! First thing I saw on the shelf when I walked in yesterday. But I did not give in... they are still sat there now! Hopefully they won't be there when I return but if they are I WILL NOT EAT ONE!!!

Hiya hun!! Woooooo! Fantastic loss! :bliss: :D:D Well done you! And well done on resisting the doughnuts! With regards to collapsing...ouchie! :( Do you normally suffer from low blood pressure hun? xxx

Hey hun, thank you! :) I'm hoping it was a loss and not just excess water!! Hehe I threw the doughnuts away last night!

I went to the docs a few ears ago (prob should go again!) and they said I had slightly low blood pressure. I do get lightheaded a lot! Are you having a good week? x

Another lovely sunny day today! I wish I could be sat outside on a rug reading a good book! I'm hoping my colleague is back tomorrow, should take some of the pressures off!

Today's food:

Breakfast: OSS Hex b

Lunch: Tuna & Sweetcorn salad with 2 light laughing cow triangles Hex A, muller light

Dinner: Grilled salmon with noodles and veg 0.5 syns

Snacks: Apple, Muller, Mikado x 8 4 syns, mini jammie dodgers 4.5 syns

9 syns

19.5/105 syns

Last edited:
I'm really tired today, I could have slept in all morning! Work out was tough - but I felt good for it! I don't think I'll be able to go again this week as I've just had a freelance job come in earlier than expected - a 40 pg magazine! It's going to be a week full of late nights!! :( It will be worth it in the end when I can work from home and for myself!

breakfast: OSS Hex b

Lunch: Sweet Potato with beans and 30g cheese Hex a, muller light

Dinner: Cottage Pie with veg

Snacks: Apple, Mikado x 8 4 syns, muller light, milky way magic stars 3.5 syns

7.5 syns

17/105

Last edited:
I had my half weekly weigh today (even though I shouldn't!) but scales say I'm up. I think I actually lost weight but not 3lbs! Looking back at Sunday I didn't eat too much and had dinner quite early so it was quite a while between eating and weighing myself, which always makes my weight look less than it is! So I'm going to change my stats to having lost 1lb instead of 3 - which I'm happy with! So hopefully I'll have a 1lb loss again for next week!

I really don't feel like I'm stuffing my face or eating bad things, but next week I may try a red week for a change and cut out some carbs, see how that works!

Breakfast: sausage sandwich 1.5 syns, Hex b

Lunch: Left over cottage pie, muller light

Dinner: Salmon with light pesto 1.5 syns, BNS, broccoli & asparagus

Snacks: Apple, muller, mikado x 4 2 syns, jammie dodgers 4.5 syns

Syns: 9.5

26.5/105

Last edited:
Wow what a busy busy day! Busy weekend ahead, lots of freelance work to be doing!!! :/

Breakfast: Egg, beans, 1 piece toast Hex b

Lunch: Bacon & Egg salad, 2 x laughing cow light Hex a

Dinner: Not sure yet!

Snacks: Apple, 4 x mikado 2 syns, muller, flake 7 syns, muller dessert 5 syns

14 syns

40.5/105

Last edited:
quick food diary as short on time!

Sat:

Breakfast: Cornflakes syns - 5?

Lunch: Risotto

Dinner: DIet coke chicken & BNS

Snacks: 2 x mini macaroons 10 syns?! 2 x mikado 4 x mikado 2 syns

17 syns

Sunday:

Breakfast: Special K Hex b

Lunch: Bacon wrapped asparagus, pesto salmon, roasted veg

Last edited:
hey Rachel was having little peek on your diary and notice you have cornflakes as a healthy extra...is this a new as i corn flakes never used to be HE though i wd love it if you tell me they are lol....please ha

Hey debtin, you know it's probably not! It's just me assuming haha. I don't go to groups so I should actually probably change it! I did have some books but I've lost them! I should probably go back through and syn them all, thanks for bringing this to my attention! I only eat them at the weekend when I'm not at home, so it's only been 3 times! oooops! Do you know how many syns they are? x

Hey debtin, you know it's probably not! It's just me assuming haha. I don't go to groups so I should actually probably change it! I did have some books but I've lost them! I should probably go back through and syn them all, thanks for bringing this to my attention! I only eat them at the weekend when I'm not at home, so it's only been 3 times! oooops! Do you know how many syns they are? x

iam sure its 6syns for 30g but doesn't seem to have done you any harm lol

iam sure its 6syns for 30g but doesn't seem to have done you any harm lol

hehe thank you! At least I didn't go over my syns this week, was quite well under allowance! I shall know for next time. Thank you! Actually going to go to group in a few weeks so I'll buy myself a book! x

Well I got on the scales this morning and it showed 10st13.5lbs again! A 1/4 pound lighter than last Monday! So I've either A - lost 3 lbs in the first week and another 1/4 this past week, or it showed that amount because I ate very little last Sunday and instead lost 1 lb with a further 2 this week! Who knows?!

I'm actually going to go to group meetings in 2 weeks time! Going to go every 2 weeks, so I hope it helps motivate me!

trying a red week this week!

Breakfast: OSS Hex b1

Lunch: Chicken & ham salad, EL mayo 1 syn, muller light

Dinner: Pork with wholegrain mustard 1 tsp 0.5 syns, BNS, veg

Snacks: Apple, mikado x 8 4 syns, babybel Hex a1, toast Hex b2, cadbury buttons 9 syns (oops)

syns so far: 14.5

14.5/105

Last edited:
I had a sweet tooth last night! Consumed a whole bag of buttons! Oh well, it hit the spot, and it could have been far worse!!! Won't have any more naughty treats this week now, will also be going to the gym tonight!

Breakfast: OSS Hex B

Lunch: Chicken & Ham salad, beetroot, EL mayo 1 syn, 1 slice wholemeal bread Hex B, muller light

Dinner: Sea Bass with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, onion, steamed asparagus and BNS chips.

Snacks: Apple, 2 x dairylea triangles Hex A, 8 x Mikado 4 syns, muller light, yoomoo 8 syns

syns: 13

27.5/105

Last edited:
Freelance work is nearly complete! Yay!!! I always find though that the client wants to change things on a perfectly good spread. Negative space is something often used in design to make a piece of work more appealing, yet some peole want to fill every single gap possible! Oh well, it's extra money so need to keep them happy!

On to my food today: Having an EE day today! fancy some rice later!!

Breakfast: OSS Hex B

Lunch: Chicken & Ham Salad with EL mayo 1 syn, muller light, 2 x dairylea triangles Hex A

Dinner: Mayflower Curry sauce curry! (first time trying!!) 4 syns for sauce, rice, chicken and vegetables

Snacks: Apple, muller light, 2 x mikado sticks 1 syn, oatbran muffin 2.5 syns

8.5 syns

36/105

Last edited:
The Mayflower curry sauce was really nice! Definitely a treat meal though! Will maybe have this every Monday after weigh in! I made with egg fried rice but I don't think it need it, boiled would have done! So I know for next time.

I think I have dropped 2 lbs but my scales read the same as they did last week, so I don't know if it's going too well at the moment. I'm going to green on a Monday, red on Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri and EE on Sat and Sun. Looking forward to going to the meetings in a few weeks, hoping it will give me more motivation! Fingers crossed! Really want to shift 7lbs to a stone for August - I think it will be more like 7lbs! I also think upping my exercise will help a lot! Going today!

Red Day:

Breakfast: 42g All-Bran with a muller light Hex B

Lunch: Ham salad with beetroot, EL mayo 1 syn, 2 light dairylea triangles Hex A, and a muller light

Dinner: Salmon curry with mayflower sauce - didn't eat all of it so I think 3 syns. Served with courgette, baby corn, onion, spring onion, pepper.

Snacks: 2 x Oatbran muffins Hex B, apple, magic stars 3.5 syns, muller

syns: 7.5 syns

43.5/105

Last edited:
I didn't go to the gym last night :( but I did have my final load of amendments to do for he magazine I've been working on,deadline was last night! So hopefully there is no more work to do on it until the next mag comes out next month!

I did do a little exercise last night. After speaking to my trainer about what exercise I can do at home he suggested the 30 day squat challenge. So I started last night, did my first 50! Was a little tougher than I though towards the end but I feel fine today. I have no idea how tough it will be when I get to 250 at the end of the challenge!!! eeek! 55 squats to do tonight, 60 tomorrow and then a rest day, then it goes up by 5 for every three days etc.

Off to a BBQ tonight! So may go a little over my syns but I'll try to be as good as I can be! Then my sister is up from London tomorrow for the weekend so I may suggest a takeaway, in which it will be Chinese! Or I'll cook something healthy.

Red day today:

Breakfast: All-bran Hex B with a muller light

Lunch: Syn free quiche - 3 eggs, light cottage cheese, parsley, chives, salmon, courgette, cheese Hex A. Makes 2 small quiches so I have 1 with me for lunch. Muller light

Dinner: BBQ! I'm taking chicken and WW sausages. I imagine I'll have it with salad, 1 or 2 buns so Hex B plus 6 syns, maybe 2 sausages 1 syn, cheese Hex A. A few other nibbles I imagine too! Update later

Snacks: Apple, mikado x 4 2 syns

syns: (so far) 9

Hiya hun! How are you? Sorry I haven't been around much, things are hectic at the moment!

Rather you than me doing a squats challenge, lol! I bet you'll be feeling it by the end! I hope you're having a fab bank holiday weekend :) xx

Oh dear I ate a bundle of crap this weekend! Oooops, my sister and mum are a bad influence!

Started off on Friday, had a BBQ at a friends' house, only had 1 bun as my Hex b, 2 sausages 1 syn and some nibbles for about 5 syns. Then I had 2 banana muffins and a small piece of cheesecake! ooops.

then onto Sat:

Cornflakes - 6 + Hex a

Sushi 1 syn, popchips 5 syns

Beef in hoisin sauce with boiled rice - 7 syns

Banoffee pie!!!! no idea

Sunday:

Porridge with golden syrup Hex b + 2 syns

1 digestive 3.5 syns, shortbread made by my uncle! no idea on syns,

chilli & boiled rice 2 syns

banoffee pie...again! ooops

Monday:

All bran Hex b Hex a milk

toffee popcorn - ooops (cinema)

steak sandwich Hex b with chips :(

7 digestives, 24.5 syns!!! big oooops

When I look back I've not eaten as badly as I thought, it was just the sweet things! I didn't stuff my face or anything, just didn't eat the right things.

I didn't stick to my squats either as I just didn't get round to doing them. Starting again tomorrow, going to do them in the morning for the time being - until they get too much for the morning! At least I'm off to the gym tonight :)

Back