Back to Slimming World! I WILL lose the weight!

Hiya hun! How are you? Sorry I haven't been around much, things are hectic at the moment!

Rather you than me doing a squats challenge, lol! I bet you'll be feeling it by the end! I hope you're having a fab bank holiday weekend :) xx

Hey hun :) I'm ok thank you, although feeling slightly annoyed that I ate so many bad things this weekend! Fresh start today, I don't think I gained any weight, just didn't lose, but then again I've not been on the scales today!

How are you? I understand the word hectic, it's been the same for me! lol.

Squats were going ok until I stopped, starting again! haha. I hope you had a lovely bank hol weekend :) xx

Food for today :) EE

Breakfast: OSS Hex b

Lunch: Chicken with tagliatelle, ww pasta sauce 1 syn, chorizo 2 syns, muller light.

Dinner: Diet Coke chicken with BNS and salad with syn free cake! (not that good really, the sponge on it's own is the best!)

Snacks: Apple, muller, 6 x mikado 3 syns

6 syns

Week: 35/105

Last edited:
Gym session yesterday has worn me out! It wasn't particularly hard but I can definitely feel my muscles working now, and I'm so sleepy!

After falling off track over the weekend I'm really trying to stick to the diet this week, my goal is to lose 7lbs by August, I think that sounds easy enough! I just need to stick to the food and do more exercise. Speaking of exercise, I'll be going to the gym tomorrow and starting my squats and crunches again tonight!

Red day today:

Breakfast: All-bran Hex b with a muller light

Lunch: Turkey & Ham Salad with beetroot and cottage cheese, 1 syn EL mayo, muller light

Dinner: babybel stuffed burgers - using lean mince, red onion, 2tsp Worcestershire sauce, 2tsp mustard powder, 1 medium egg, beaten, fry light, 2 babybel Hex A, with salad, roasted courgette, pepper, onion, tomatoes, 1 bread roll Hex b

Snacks:
Apple, 4 x mikado sticks 2 syns, options 2.5, greek yog, mini meringue 1 syn

Exercise: 50 squats, 50 sit ups, 50 side bends with weights (100)

Syns: 6.5

Week: 41.5/105

Last edited:
Another red day today! feeling the burn of last nights squat exercises! I can still walk though, phew!

Just discovered how nice banana and custard muller lights are! I never tried them before because I'm not too keen on the taste of banana, but they are really nice! Will be stocking up!

Breakfast: All-bran Hex B, muller light

Lunch: Ham & Asparagus Quiche, cottage cheese, beetroot, salad, muller

Dinner: Salmon with ginger, sweet chilli sauce 1 syn, soy sauce, BNS, asparagus, green beans, carrot

Snacks: Apple, hot choc 2.5 syns, 4 x mikado 2 syns, syn free panacotta, 2 x baby bel Hex A, jammie dodgers 4.5

Exercise: 30-40 mins at the gym

Syns: 10

Week: 51.5/105

Last edited:
I really enjoyed my gym session yesterday! Actually managed to run on the treadmill for 15 minutes! That's an achievement for me, aiming for 5K by the end of the year, would love to run a race for life event without stopping and having to walk! So my aim now is to motivate myself to go to the gym 3-4 times a week, sometimes I do find it hard to fit it in, but I'm going to try my best!

As for the diet it's my TOTM right now so I think I'm holding some excess water, massively bloated all the time. My weight hasn't really seen much of a difference yet, but I'm going to stick to the plan as it's a healthy way to eat and in the end if I lose weight, I lose weight! I really think it's all about the exercise with me! I think eventually I'll lose but it's just taking me some time to get used to the diet.

Red day today:

Breakfast: All-Bran 2 helpings 2 x HEX B with a toffee muller light

Lunch: Quiche, salad, beetroot, few pieces of turkey, cottage cheese, toffee muller light.

Dinner: Not sure yet! (heading home, mum's last weekend here before she leaves for 6 months!) :(

Snacks: Apple, mikado x 4 2 syns

Exercise: Busy today so 55 squats, 50 side bends (100), 50 stomach exercises (variety)

Syns: 2

Week: 53.5/105

I'm going to ASK for a 30th b'day tomorrow so saving some syns for that! But I'll try to stick to what's best for me, plus making her a marshmallow cake so I'll have a sneaky slice of that too!

Last edited:
didn't eat too badly this weekend but didn't stick to it! Setting the scales back to week one as I'm now concentrating on doing more exercise with the diet! Will measure my stats later!

Red today:

Breakfast: All Bran 2 HEX B, muller light

Lunch: Beetroot, turkey salad, 2 x babybel HEX A, muller light EL mayo 1 syn

Dinner: BNS, leek and chicken bake 1.5 syns

Snacks: Apple, 4 x mikado 2 syns, muller, mini meringue 2, chos stars 3.5, squirty cream 2 syns

Exercise: 30-40 mins at the gym 60 squats

12syns

week: 12/105

Last edited:
I'm soooo tired today. at least it's tiredness from going to the gym... I think! Off there again tonight then having a rest day tomorrow. I really hope that by following this plan and doing all this exercise will work. It normally doesn't show on the scales, I normally gain weight when I exercise! I hope that's down to muscle gain! the only issue I have with doing loads of exercise is my appetite going up, I just always seem to be hungry! I guess I'll see how it goes!

EE day today:

Breakfast: OSS HEX B

Lunch: Chicken & Ham salad with beetroot, cottage cheese and a muller light

Dinner: Carbonara with onion, mushrooms for extra veg, parmesan HEX A, syn free rice pudding (new to trying!)

Snacks: 4 x mikado 2 syn, WW choc biscuit 2.5 syns, muller light, Apple, hot choc 2 syns

Exercise: 30-40 mins at the gym, 65 squats

Syns: 6.5

Week: 18.5/105

I may attempt to make a syn free salmon pate later and eat it with some crudites. I think I need to make something healthy to nibble on when I get peckish. The only bad treats I have in the house are 1 pack of magic stars and 1 pack mini dodgers. So even if I eat them today, there will be no more of them now until I've lost some weight!

I have to admit I am worrying about losing weight as it's come to that time of the year again where I have a lot of social activities on. This weekend it's my OH's dad's 60th birthday! So there is a wine & cheese night on the Sat (I won't be drinking the wine though - not a fan of alcohol!) and on the Saturday we have a breakfast and dinner with them.

Next weekend it's my cousin's 30th birthday so we're going out for a meal and drinks, I also have a night out with a friend and a meal at a friends house! So I hope there is not too much in the way of bad food! Will try to make sensible choices (Pasta with tomato sauce etc!)

I'm just going to keep up on the exercise to make up for what I'm eating. I just struggle so much with losing weight! I think I'm destined to stay at this size!

Oops just ate a muller with cream and 2 mini meringues! Don't know what's wrong with me this week?!?

Weekly total up too 22.5

Last edited:
Scales say I'm gaining :( boooooooooooo I don't feel like I've eaten a great amount of bad food, just a few little bits over the weekend (that's the only time I'd even eat the bad things!) This weekend it was only a pasta meal at ASK and a slice of cake, everything else was good. I don't know if i'm carrying excess water (TOTM started to show last week and it's still not fully arrived!) plus I've been going to the gym a lot more, 4 times since last Tuesday. Oh well, going to stick at it, I'm not going to let it get me down! I think when I get home tonight I'll get the tape measure out and see what my stats are. I may also write up a graph and stick it to the fridge. I won't be buying anymore low syn treats, only treat I'll have is a muller light or a hot chocolate. May take a photo of myself too and then another in 2 months to see if I can see a difference! Will stick to this diet though as it's a good healthy eating plan. But I do expect my weight to go up due to exercise, it always does!

Green day today:

Breakfast: OSS HEX B

Mid morning snack: Apple, muller light

Lunch: Beetroot salad, cottage cheese, brown roll HEX B, 2 babybel lights HEX A, muller light.

Mid afternoon snack: 2 x Mikado 1 syn

Dinner: Vegetable curry with rice, pepper, carrot, onion, mushroom. Mayflower sauce 4 syns.

Evening snack: Muller, cream 1 syn, 3 celebrations 6 syns

Exercise: 70 squats, 50 sit ups (variety), 50 side bends (100)

syns: 12

week: 33.5/105

Last edited:
TOTM finally arrived after a week of feeling crappy! Feeling tired today though... hoping to also go to the gym but I'll see how I feel later, the first day always puts me out!

I think next week I'm going to try for a syn free week, well a snack syn free week at least. Going to go back to alpen lights for snacks and use my HEX B's plus have more free foods like boiled eggs and make a pate. Hoping that the extra 3 lbs I seemed to have gained from nowhere (I'd understand if I'd eaten a load of crap but it's only been the slightest of amounts!) is just water retention.

Although I'll probably finish off the mini box of celebrations someone gave me yesterday! I'm ok if I don't have treats lying around, it's when they're there, I just want to eat them!!! :( I think I'll definitely be going to the gym now!

Red day today:

Breakfast: Boiled egg, all-bran x 2 HEX B's with a muller light

Mid morning snack: Apple

Lunch: Salad, beetroot, cottage cheese, ham, chicken, 1 x babybel light HEX A, muller light

Afternoon snack: 2 x Mikado 1 syn

Dinner: Salmon with light pesto 1.5 syns, roasted pepper, onion, BNS, broccoli

Snacks: 4 x celebrations 8 syns

Exercise: 75 squats, 50 side bends

syns: 10.5

week: 44/105

Last edited:
So glad it's Friday, this week has dragged! Off to the OH's dad's birthday tonight, it's not a sit down meal but I think cheese and biscuits are involved! I'll be driving though so no wine for me! Will try not to eat too much cheese! Then tomorrow it's breakfast at theirs, followed by an activity then a spa (which I'm not going to, sitting in the bar!) then an evening meal at theirs, which I imagine will be reasonably healthy! Will report back on Sunday! Also on Sunday it's Jame's nan's 90th b'day, so it's cake and sandwiches at hers. Will try my best to get some exercise in there somewhere!

Today's food: Red day: (Although probably should have gone for EE, but hey!?!)

Breakfast: All-bran HEX B, muller light, boiled egg

Snack 1: Apple, Alpen light HEX B 2a

Lunch: Smoked Salmon pate with crudites, onion and thyme frittata HEX A 1, muller light

Snack 2: Alpen light HEX B 2b

Dinner: I guess a buffet! Will try to stick to the meaty things and salad, and god knows how much cheese! At least I've got 1 HEX A and 15 syns to play with :)

Exercise: I was going to go to the gym, but I don't think I'll have time. Will do 80 squats, 100 side bends, 50 sit ups (variety)

I may even pre stuff myself with left over pate and frittata! Just so I'm not that hungry!

What a busy, full of bad eating weekend! I enjoyed it though so that's the main thing :). I weighed in at 11st 3.5 yesterday and 11 st 2 today, so I think the latter is my actual weight. Dropped half a pound from last week! Woohoo!!! Not that I've really tried... not going to weigh myself now for another week!

I've just downloaded a 5K running plan, going to aim to be able to run 5K for August! I really want to run a race for life the whole way through, no stopping and starting! I've also been buying loads of fitness magazines this week, even subscribed to Women's Health! I'm determined to get toned! I may even try out a magazine diet plan, although the one I bought yesterday only has about 1000 and under calories per day! Would be tough!

Plan today: Red:

Breakfast: OSS HEX B, muller light, boiled egg

Snack 1: apple, alpen light HEX B1

Lunch: Chicken & Ham salad with beetroot & raddish, EL mayo 0.5 syns, 2 x babybel HEX A, muller light

Snack 2: Alpen light HEX B2

Dinner: Salmon with mustard, 0.5 syns, Broccoli, green beans, carrots, BNS, roasted pepper, onion,

Evening: Yogurt, meringue 2 syns

Exercise: 30-40 mins at the gym; 5K training and toning exercises

Syns: 3

Week: 3/105

Last edited:
I started off my 5k training yesterday! 1 min run 1 min walk x 10. I managed just under 3k in that time which I thought was quite good! Next running plan will be tomorrow or Thursday, depends if I fancy a 'rest' day! Feeling really positive about exercise though, I need to keep it up as it really makes me feel good! I'm on the right route anyway!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm lactose intolerant rather than having IBS, it does seem that my tummy starts to bloat and get gassy when I eat cottage cheese or yogurts! Will buy some lacto free ones next week and see what happens.

Green day today:

Breakfast: All Bran HEX B, boiled egg, muller light

Snack: Apple, alpen light HEX B2

Lunch: cous cous with feta HEX A, onion and pepper, muller light

Snack: Alpen light HEX B2

Dinner: Jacket potato, Corn on the cob, butter 2 syns, salad, fromage frais, cheese & onion filling HEX A2

Dessert: Yogurt & meringue 2 syns, magic stars 3.5

Exercise: 30 min 1:1 training session

Syns 7.5

Week: 10.5/105

Last edited:
I've no idea how much I weigh anymore. I have electronic scales at home and at the gym they use the manual scales. At the gym yesterday I was weighing 69kg (with trainers and kit) which is 10st11lbs, where as at home in the morning on the electronic scales I weight 11st2lbs?! So I've no idea! My gym readings say I've lost 4kg since Feb (8lbs ish) and that my body fat has gone down from 30% to 22.8%. So I guess I've made progress. I stood on the scales twice at the gym yesterday and they both came in with the same reading... I just don't know which is accurate. Maybe I'll weight something later on the ones at home to see. But at least I know I've lost something, just can't see the difference myself!

Red day today:

Breakfast: Allbran HEX B, muller, boiled egg

Snack: Apple, alpen light HEX B1

Lunch: Chicken & Ham salad/beetroot with 1 syn EL Mayo, 2 x babybel light HEX A, muller

Snack: Ryvita HEX B2 choc spread 2 syns

Dinner: Salmon with pesto 1.5 syns, roasted onion, pepper, broccoli, baby courgettes, green beans.

Dessert: Yogurt with meringue 2 syns, small rice crispie cake 2 syns (seriously teeny!)

Syns: 8.5

Weekly: 19/105

Last edited:
Trying out a dairy free day today, going to see if I get bloated! I'm eating some dairy free yogurts - I'm not going to syn them for now.

EE day today:

Breakfast Branflakes HEX B with dairy free yogurt, boiled egg

Snack: Alpen light 3 syns, Apple

Lunch: Salmon & egg salad, dairy free yogurt

Snack: Alpen light 3 syns, 2 mini meringues, choc spread, cream 5 syns

Dinner: Jacket Potato, cheese HEX A, fromage frais, onion, salad, corn on the cob 2 syns butter.

Exercise: 40 min gym session

Syns: 13

Week:32.5/105

Last edited:
Another good gym session yesterday. Although I've been told to lay off the running as my dodgy ankle has now led to my shin being painful when I run :( I can tell when I run that my foot flicks out and I find it hard to run in a straight line, I'm all wonky! Looks like I'll be working on the cross trainer instead, not a massive fan of those!

Also decided to weigh some 16lb (1st2lbs) weights on the scales, they came in at 1st5lbs, so 19lbs in total. I'm not sure how much the inner bar weighs though, I don't think it would be 3lbs... so I'll buy some new scales this weekend and see how I weigh up on those.

EE day today (out for a meal tonight!)

Breakfast: Boiled egg, Branflakes with yogurt HEX B

Snack: Apple, Alpen light 3 syns

Lunch: Cous cous with chicken, pepper, onion, yogurt

Snack: Alpen light 3 syns

Dinner: Meal out, will try to be good!

Exercise: 30 mins at the gym

Syns: 6

Week: 38.5/105

Hiya hun! Sorry I haven't really been around much for ages. I'm back now, woooo! Your shin sounds painful...is that shin splints? Hope you have a fab bank holiday weekend and I hope you enjoyed your meal tonight xxx

hey, that's ok! I hope you're well! Glad to see you back! :)

It was quite painful but I think it may be due to not having warmed up! I guess I'll see later (If I decide to go - feeling quite tired today!) x

What a blow out of a weekend! Think I've gained 0.5lbs! boooooo

Had the most amazing dessert on Friday (followed on from acarvery 0 so not too bad I guess), bakewell tart ice cream cake! LOVELY! YUM YUM.

Saturday was a Mexican out, then after drinking a cheeseburger :/

Sunday was a meal at a friends, bread, risotto, cheesecake, quite small portions so that was good!

Yesterday I had steak with 2 muller yogs! oops (The lux ones!)

It's going to be another one of those weeks this week. Out for lunch with my cousin on Thurs, meal on Fri and a wedding on Sat (oh dear) but luckily after this weekend there are no food related days/evening out! So I have 10 weeks before I jet off to America to see how fit and toned I can get.... I will work as hard as I can!

Food today: Red:

Breakfast: Branflakes with muller HEX B

Snack: Alpen light HEX B1, apple

Lunch: chicken & salmon salad, muller, EL mayo 1 syn

Snack: Alpen light HEX B2

Dinner: Sea bass with spring onion, roasted yellow courgette, white pepper, BNS, kale.

Dessert: muller de luxe 10.5 syns (oh my...)

Syns: 11.5

Also popping out after work with a colleague, I think I may be tempted to eat a dessert :( oh well, blow out week this week and back to it 100% on Monday. Will track everything I eat just so I know how badly I've eaten!

Well tut tut I had a few chips, a piece of garlic bread and a waffle yesterday! ooops. I think I'm writing this week off, too many things to go to. 100% committed diet starting from Monday! I'm going to write out a plan for every single day (sad I know) then I'm pinning it to the fridge! I will lose 7lbs by August 8th!!!

Todays food:

Breakfast: OSS HEX B with golden syrup 1 syn

Snack: Alpen light HEX B 1

Lunch: Chicken, salmon, ham salad, feta HEX A, muller

Snack: Apple, Alpen Light HEX B 2

Dinner: Salmon with veg

Others: Hot choc 2 syns

Not even going to both counting weekly syns!!!

Syns: 3

Back