Back to SW Basics. Red Days

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi

I'm Bex, 30 and full time working mum to twin 4 year old boys. My life is busy to say the least.

I have big food issues. I've been around on this site for a long time dipping in and out of different diets. I've done Cambridge and lost all of the weight only to gain it back. I've done calorie counting and weight watchers but do not cope well with having to weigh out and count everything. I've done the harcombe diet, I've pretty much done all of them and for the past two years have been dipping in and out of each. The issue now is that my head is that mixed up with all the conflicting advise!

So I'm going back to basics. I did sw at group a few years back and was doing fine. Lost about 1st 10 in a few months, had difficulties with the consultant and so went from home. Then Xmas came and I'm sure you know how the story goes from there.

Generally I eat very healthy foods, I enjoy them. My way of eating has changed dramatically over the past few years. But I have binge tendencies and a huge appetite.

I've decided to return to sw as I'm finding thd too difficult to fit in socially with the complete sugar ban etc. It's starting to frustrate me that I can't have anything but water for example. Aside from breakfast (quantity too large) and using olive oil / eating the fat I pretty much eat alongside sw rules anyway.

So I have decided that I need to return to group and refocus. The summer is coming again, I've lots on and it's stuff I don't want to be fat for. Plus I want to sort these issues out for once and for all and give my kids the right example instead of just do as I say and not as I do. I also think the group structure and weighing once a week will help although not looking forward to seeing how much I weigh again!

My main battle is coping with stress. Food became my crutch when I quit smoking 8.5 years ago. I definitely eat through stress, it also leads to insomnia (which I have tonight) and makes me want to eat in the middle of the night (trying hard not to do this tonight). I also am very all or nothing so if I start going off plan it can quickly become a week off plan.

Anyway in a nutshell that's me and my story. I am at group for the first time on Tuesday.

I do know that I have a dairy intolerance and mild wheat intolerance so am interested to see what the consultant says about that. I think I will mainly try and follow red days but time will tell. Need to refresh my memory with the books etc.

Look forward to getting to know a few new faces and seeing how the old ones are getting on :) x

Last edited:
Hello!!

I'm here for some inspiration as I keep loosing then gaining...currently gaining! :-(

Hope u don't mind me joining u x

Hello!!

I'm here for some inspiration as I keep loosing then gaining...currently gaining! :-(

Hope u don't mind me joining u x

Course not - the more the merrier!!

Started today with porridge for breakfast, had 70g which i believe by my old books would be 2xheb, and an apple. I had it with oat milk, i think that can count towards hexa but will figure that out next week. I've taken a curry to work, chicken with butternut squash. It has creamed coconut in it, which would need to be synned, think it probably equates to about 5 syns from a quick google.

Good news is that i resisted my midnight munchies, and work up today feeling less bloated. I also feel much more clear headed and ready to do this :) x

Thanks Em... just made myself a date tick thing for the fridge door - hoping it will start to keep me focused. Also downloaded the spreadsheet from the sticky - me likes it :) right ticks my geek boxes that does! So i'll take pictures and measurements etc on Tuesday when i get back from group. Downwards from there :)

Thanks Em... just made myself a date tick thing for the fridge door - hoping it will start to keep me focused. Also downloaded the spreadsheet from the sticky - me likes it :) right ticks my geek boxes that does! So i'll take pictures and measurements etc on Tuesday when i get back from group. Downwards from there :)

Wats this spread sheet thing? Im interested aswell lol

Em - the super speed soup, is it ok on both days? not sure about the lentils and beans? x

Just here to be nosy and subscribe. Here's to being happy!

Just subscribing :)

Just subscribing :)

Thanks ally :)

You know I have to say my breakfast today was about half as much as normal yet surprisingly kept me pretty much as full. An feeling positive and looking forward to seeing some good losses x

Thanks ally :)

You know I have to say my breakfast today was about half as much as normal yet surprisingly kept me pretty much as full. An feeling positive and looking forward to seeing some good losses x

It is amazing how true that is - When I first started I was horrified at the seemingly small measures but actually they are all you really need. The rest is just gluttony!

It is amazing how true that is - When I first started I was horrified at the seemingly small measures but actually they are all you really need. The rest is just gluttony!

Very true. Think ill try the 35g tomorrow and see how that does me too. Need to get online membership from group so I can check other options like rice cereal and whether can use that as hex

Back