Back to the straight and narrow

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by Virtuous Slimmer, 10 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Virtuous Slimmer

Virtuous Slimmer New Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello! In January 2010 I weighed in at 18st 6 (the heaviest I had ever been), and I started on CD.

In my first week I shed 13lbs! I was hooked on the success! By June I was 12 st 6. I was still over 2 stones away from my target, but I felt good. In just 6 months I went from a size 24 to a size 14-16.

To a single girl in her late twenties it was another world out there. For the first time in my life, men were falling at my feet!

I went out more and more - enjoying my new wardrobe and new found confidence. On dates, we went out for meals and drinks...

I didn't really realize that I was putting the weight back on. I knew that I wasn't strict anymore, but every week I told myself that I would go back to the shakes next week, so I was allowed one last treat.

The weeks passed. Today I weighed in at 16 st 4. How could it have happened again?

But, there's no point in being depressed about it. I now know what I am capable of doing when I put my mind to it. I know I can be in control.

Today I start again. I know it's not easy, but I also know how good it makes me feel to loose weight...

... To see my collar bone; to see that eyeshadow really does make my eyes stand out more; to go for long walks up mountains; to shop at Topshop rather than Evans; to go to the doctor's about my hayfever problem without worrying about being told off about contributing to the obesity pandemic; to walk past a group of teenagers without dreading any possible name-calling; to feel better about myself outside my comfort zone; to climb out of the bathtub without turning on one knee; to respect my body, my health and my life...

The list goes on...

Today is the day!
    Last edited: 23 October 2011
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Rkmriddell

Rkmriddell Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Slimming World
    Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.