Back to WW from SW

Davey1984

Hi all,

I am finally back on WW after doing SW.

I really enjoyed SW and think it taught me so much about healthy eating however I wasnt really teaching myself anything about portion control, I was eating so much pasta, potatoes, rice. I know I need a healthy eating plan that I learn portion control with.

Also ha d a very hectic week and it was impossible to follow the plan, as I was out loads and hardly ever home, so all the healthy meals kind of went out of the window and I had the "I have blown it" mentality because I had used more syns than I was allowed. I realised with WW, I would have been able to point everything I had and I dont think I would have had the "I have blown it" mentality.

Hope I succed - what plan delivers better weight losess - WW or SW?

XXX

Good luck with WW hope it all works out for you in regards to weight loss.

As regards too WW or SW, I have never tried SW all I can say is everyone is different, some people swear by SW others WW, I personally will never try SW only because WW works for me, and as far as weight loss goes I want it off, so if a plan works in helping me achieve that then why should I try something else?

The fact that you get a daily points allowance (specific to you), and then weekly points (which is 49 for everyone) that you can use when ever you like (you can have a few each day or most/all of them on a weekly take out or simply like me only use 10-20 of the weekly points a week) is great. No more worrying about that BBQ and maybe going over your daily points allowance on one day..

Portion control is a big thing in our house especially where my hubby is concerned. We can make enchiladas from a kit and he used to be able to eat 4-6 enchiladas to himself (the packet makes 8). Now on WW we worked out with points allowance etc that two and some rice is more then enough.

It works for us and thats all that matters at the end of the day..

I have done both and for me WW is the best loss, possibly because SW can be very high carb and I am hypothyroid and don't do well with that. Red days were ok but I did not find it gave me enough portion control and the eat as much as you like mentality did not do me any good. I have lost nearly 3 stone with WW and would now never change - good luck with your journey

Ww is better than sw. I had been on sw for at least 2 years and never lost any substantial amount of weight, l would loose a lb, gain half etc etc. I switched to ww only two weeks ago and lost 3n half half the first week and 5 the second week. Yea you can't eat loads of carbs but you have so much more choice and you can eat normal food. I think ww is better for portion control as i found if I had a blow out on sw it was bigger as your used to the portion sizes.
Good luck anyway '
Abby x

I have done SW & WW, I am now back at WW and prefer it to SW.

If you've got an iphone app for WW it makes it easier to track.

I've fallen off the beaten track a few times but am now determined to do this !!!

Good luck with weightwatchers i have recently done the same thing .. I think both diets are good and both work it just depends on what one suits you at whatever stage of your life your in

I've tried both diets aswell, both definately work but it just depends on what your eating habits are and what you enjoy eating. My mum and her partner both lost a lot on SW, they preferred red days as they are both steak and veg lovers. My OH is now going to join SW as he's the same.
With me, I'm a complete carbaholic and SW was just a free rein for me to simply eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as I could (I'm not a meat lover at all so I just did green days). I also snack a lot and WW is just perfect for me. I have a friend who does WW by starving herself all day and having a take-away at night, that isn't how it works and I think you need to make healthy choices aswell:) xx

Back