Backache (but don't worry!)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Jaycey, 20 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Over the last few weeks, I've been suffering from a really achey back (nothing new for me, but my back problems are usually lower back and shoulders, and this is in the middle!). I couldn't understand what was causing this, and my hubby suggested it might have something to do with my weight loss.

Anyway, I've just come back from my osteopath (who said "you've lost weight!" as soon as I walked in the door, lol) to get it seen to. She said that when I was heavier, I was walking more bent over, and now that I'm getting lighter I'm unconsciously standing up straighter (not having so much flab round my front now!). This is a bit of a shock to my body, and so my joints and muscles are kind of rearranging themselves, which can be quite painful. She's seen this before in people who've lost lots of weight. She basically 'flattened' my back out and loosened up all my joints, and (although I will feel this manipulation for a day or two) it's much better.

So if anyone else has an achey back, don't worry about it - but I would recommend a visit to an osteopath, which will really sort you out (they are magicians! I've been going to mine for years). :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Didn't there could be anything good about a bad back, but I was wrong... great news!!!
    xxx

4. Jesslima

Jesslima Is determined!

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Wow so glad you posted this, i have had a really bad back the last week, and i was worried it was some ill effect of the diet. I'll still goand get it checked, but thanks Jaycey

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.