Backache (but don't worry!)

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
Over the last few weeks, I've been suffering from a really achey back (nothing new for me, but my back problems are usually lower back and shoulders, and this is in the middle!). I couldn't understand what was causing this, and my hubby suggested it might have something to do with my weight loss.

Anyway, I've just come back from my osteopath (who said "you've lost weight!" as soon as I walked in the door, lol) to get it seen to. She said that when I was heavier, I was walking more bent over, and now that I'm getting lighter I'm unconsciously standing up straighter (not having so much flab round my front now!). This is a bit of a shock to my body, and so my joints and muscles are kind of rearranging themselves, which can be quite painful. She's seen this before in people who've lost lots of weight. She basically 'flattened' my back out and loosened up all my joints, and (although I will feel this manipulation for a day or two) it's much better.

So if anyone else has an achey back, don't worry about it - but I would recommend a visit to an osteopath, which will really sort you out (they are magicians! I've been going to mine for years). :)

Didn't there could be anything good about a bad back, but I was wrong... great news!!!
xxx

Back