Bacon query

Curvalicious

Silver Member
Hi all, for those of you who eat bacon which brand do you buy? AS i'd like to buy some but they all seem bery fatty and after cutting away the fat i'll literally be left with nothing.

Thanks

we get Waitrose back bacon, sometimes it comes with the tiniest bit of fat so get lots of yummy bacon. Remember you only have to count the bacon weight for a HEx (85g i think) and if it's original its free so you could eat the whole pack (trimmed of course) if you felt so inclined :)

I don't buy a specific brand, but I do search through the packs to see which have the least fat on them! I cut off as much as possible, but it's just not always possible to get every last scrap...

I use Tesco's Healthy Living bacon, it is already trimmed!

I like to buy my back bacon from the local butchers as the stuff in the packets at the supermarkets seems so thin and seems to disappear to nothing when it is grilled.

I buy any brand, back bacon, but look for the leanest of the lot and then trim the remaining fat off before cooking it.

Hiya -

I generally buy Morrisons back bacon if it's on offer (which is mostly seems to be) and cut the fat off it. I find it leaves a decent amount of meat too. If it's not on offer I get the bacon medallions (Eat Well) which are fatless already.

xxx

I only eat Mattesons Turkey Rashers - but I get Tesco's lean back bacon slices for my hubby and it is really very good, quite thick too.

We know buy ours from the butcher, it's very tasty and very lean!

Otherwise we were buying Aldi's be lighter back bacon.

i normally have thick back bacon and search through the packs for best looking ones :)

Back