Bacon

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shannonbitzy, 17 January 2009 Social URL.

1. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

Hi Everyone
    Im in the process of making fried potatoes with onion, bacon and quorn sausages for breakfast , and i've bought back bacon and cut as much of the fat off as i possibly can and diced it with the potatoes. but it just got me thinking, what do you do with bacon , do you cook then try and remove the fat(i find this really difficult to do, a) i struggle to get it off and b) im tempted to eat it! lol) do you buy back back or other bacon that has absolutely no fat on it (im sure they do sell this type but i bet its more expensive)
    thanks folks
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slim4wedding

slim4wedding Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World at home
    I use a pair of kitchen scissors and cut the fat off before I cook it. I cook the bacon in a george foreman grill. If I left the fat on there is no way I would be able to resist the beautiful, hot, crunchy fat! mmmm! brekkie sounds good though! :)

4. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Definitely... if I cut it off, I do it with scissors and BEFORE I cook it. Golden crispy bacon fat is one of the greatest pleasures on earth. To chuck it away after cooking it to perfection would be criminal. Best remove it before cooking and avoid the temptation!

5. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yup, I'm with the others. Crispy bacon fat is far toooooooo tempting!!

6. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I buy the lean expensive stuff, I can't be trusted!

7. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have an aversion to all things like that (chicken skin, crackling etc) so I cut it off when it's cooked as I find it easier to remove then. But that's easy to say about something you don't like - I have to throw away the OH's leftover chips in front of him if we have a chinese as I would definitely sneak those. I'm no angel lol:break_diet:

8. clairex

clairex Silver Member

i just cut it off when its cooked. but i will admit - i eat chicken skin. eeeeeek, im a disgrace!!!
    haha xxxxxxxxxxxx

9. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually spend an hour in the supermarket going though the whole shelf looking for the pack with the least fat....I know I would never remove it, so if it's only got a tiny bit I just enjoy.......really naughty I now!!

10. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    We were told at group to remove the fat before cooking, and to skin a whole chicken before roasting (eek, no way could I do that).

11. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol at you lot!!!
    I'm with Little Bottle, I cant swallow fat on meat of any kind...ewwww, but I cut the rind and fat off the bacon before cooking it with a scissors and always have. As for chicken skin...not a problem for me either...I just imagine that its hairy! Lol...strange I know, but the thought really churns my stomach!!

12. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I ask my nice butcher to find me some bacon as lean as possible - he goes and has a look if the stuff out is fatty!! If it is fatty though I cut it off first - I'm with most of you, bacon rind is so yummy, and chicken skin, and pork crackling......Like the idea of doing it with "fried" potatoes. Must try that!

13. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers

That's exactly why I can't eat it, it is hairy! Well, feathery. And crackling is hairy pig skin lol :eek:

14. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    i must admit i buy the stuff without it on, have also found aldi do there lean bacon and its only £1.39 and you get something like 25% extra free at the mo

15. Ceejay1969

Ceejay1969 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st12lb
    Current Weight:
    24st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I cut it all off with scissors too before cooking or it would vanish into my mouth faster than the speed of light :sigh:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.