Bacon

shannonbitzy

Hi Everyone
Im in the process of making fried potatoes with onion, bacon and quorn sausages for breakfast , and i've bought back bacon and cut as much of the fat off as i possibly can and diced it with the potatoes. but it just got me thinking, what do you do with bacon , do you cook then try and remove the fat(i find this really difficult to do, a) i struggle to get it off and b) im tempted to eat it! lol) do you buy back back or other bacon that has absolutely no fat on it (im sure they do sell this type but i bet its more expensive)
thanks folks
xxx

I use a pair of kitchen scissors and cut the fat off before I cook it. I cook the bacon in a george foreman grill. If I left the fat on there is no way I would be able to resist the beautiful, hot, crunchy fat! mmmm! brekkie sounds good though! :)

Definitely... if I cut it off, I do it with scissors and BEFORE I cook it. Golden crispy bacon fat is one of the greatest pleasures on earth. To chuck it away after cooking it to perfection would be criminal. Best remove it before cooking and avoid the temptation!

I have an aversion to all things like that (chicken skin, crackling etc) so I cut it off when it's cooked as I find it easier to remove then. But that's easy to say about something you don't like - I have to throw away the OH's leftover chips in front of him if we have a chinese as I would definitely sneak those. I'm no angel lol:break_diet:

i just cut it off when its cooked. but i will admit - i eat chicken skin. eeeeeek, im a disgrace!!!
haha xxxxxxxxxxxx

I usually spend an hour in the supermarket going though the whole shelf looking for the pack with the least fat....I know I would never remove it, so if it's only got a tiny bit I just enjoy.......really naughty I now!!

We were told at group to remove the fat before cooking, and to skin a whole chicken before roasting (eek, no way could I do that).

Lol at you lot!!!
I'm with Little Bottle, I cant swallow fat on meat of any kind...ewwww, but I cut the rind and fat off the bacon before cooking it with a scissors and always have. As for chicken skin...not a problem for me either...I just imagine that its hairy! Lol...strange I know, but the thought really churns my stomach!!

I ask my nice butcher to find me some bacon as lean as possible - he goes and has a look if the stuff out is fatty!! If it is fatty though I cut it off first - I'm with most of you, bacon rind is so yummy, and chicken skin, and pork crackling......Like the idea of doing it with "fried" potatoes. Must try that!

Lol at you lot!!!
I'm with Little Bottle, I cant swallow fat on meat of any kind...ewwww, but I cut the rind and fat off the bacon before cooking it with a scissors and always have. As for chicken skin...not a problem for me either...I just imagine that its hairy! Lol...strange I know, but the thought really churns my stomach!!

That's exactly why I can't eat it, it is hairy! Well, feathery. And crackling is hairy pig skin lol :eek:

i must admit i buy the stuff without it on, have also found aldi do there lean bacon and its only £1.39 and you get something like 25% extra free at the mo

I cut it all off with scissors too before cooking or it would vanish into my mouth faster than the speed of light :sigh:

Back