bad bad week

lisaloveslife

god i am struggling with this diet, last week was total wash out and all the hard work that i did before has gone out of the window.:cry:
So i am thinking of maybe changing my diet and doing weight watchers, more variety
not sure - any suggestions.:confused:

If it's variety that you crave then I'd suggest you alternate strictly between PP and PV days, there's loads that can be done on the PV days and choice and variety of veg available is massive if you switch around.

I know what you mean though as I usually have 'similar meals' because its simpler to cook and easy to shop for; that said it's my choice so I've no one to blame but myself.

However, if you need the variety why not do a whole week on PV? I know it's not the Dukan way, but with the ingredients available is still low fat & low carb and you will continue to lose weight. I know as this is effectively what I followed in RTM after Lighter Life last year, and you can see from my stats that losses continues throughout.

However, if you are happier switching, and possibly it's the social aspect of WW or SW that will help you, then you must do what you believe to be best for you.

Either way, good luck :)

I would say if you're struggling, this probably isn't the right diet for you. I find it a bit of a drag cooking in the summer (it's too hot) unless it is outside stuff (BBQ, pizza - the latter I can't have anyway) so tend to have lots of the same (bland) food, then try and brighten it up with fromage blanc/yogurt dips and sauces.

I did WW almost 8 years ago (seriously) and have dabbled in it again here and there since. It is easy to follow as all the family can eat the same thing, but I tended to overdo the 'free' foods:eek:. I was never bored on it though.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Are you having a variety of meats and fish?

I end up with the same veg for a week as I'm on my own and dont want to waste too much but I might have 3 or 4 different types of fish in a week, as it freezes easily.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

It's true that unless we make the effort, things can get rather dull and monotone. I'm one of these people who, even when "EATING" (intention capital letters!), I tend to eat the same thing often, so repetition doesn't bother me... (and it's easier cooking myself larger portions to cover two or even three lunches, rather than have to cook each and every day for the next meals!!).

From your post though, it's unclear as to whether it's the monotony of the diet which has got to you, or whether you're not following it properly. Did you post menus? Get into ketosis?

Good luck whatever you decide!

Back