Bad breath

Pumpkin31

I only started today but my consultant told me that you can get halitosis on this diet for a couple of days. I'm really paranoid about this. So what can I have - if anything, to combat this? Is gum allowed?

Ta!

gum isnt allowed but you can use mouth wash , breath spray or listerine strips . I use the strips and they are lovely and make your breath really fresh , but they are hard to come by in the uk ... some 'savers' sell them but i get mine off e bay :)

Saw my consultant this weekend, she said it was ok to have sugar free gum to refresh my breath, so I do have some but i don't chew for too long

Thanks for your suggestions. I will go hunting tomorrow for the strips or spray if all else fails then gum but not for too long.

Ta!

I might be a bit strange but chewing gum doesn't bother me at all. I chew mine for hours, especially in work -retail- I can't afford to have smelly breath!

It doesn't make me hungry at all, so maybe it affects different people differently.

muhly said:
I might be a bit strange but chewing gum doesn't bother me at all. I chew mine for hours, especially in work -retail- I can't afford to have smelly breath!

It doesn't make me hungry at all, so maybe it affects different people differently.

I confess that it's the same for me, it's gives me the feeling of eating so makes me think I'm full, so I can chew gum for ages!

the bad breath is a side effect off ketosis - some of the by-products produced get expelled through your lungs/breath - the rest goes through your urine (hence testing with ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis)

Making sure that you drink your water steadily through out the day helps some - as the ketones will with flush with the urine.

Back