• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Bad breath

Saw my consultant this weekend, she said it was ok to have sugar free gum to refresh my breath, so I do have some but i don't chew for too long

muhly

S: 14st11lb C: 11st2lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st9lb(24.64%)
I might be a bit strange but chewing gum doesn't bother me at all. I chew mine for hours, especially in work -retail- I can't afford to have smelly breath!

It doesn't make me hungry at all, so maybe it affects different people differently.

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
S: 10st11.7lb C: 10st7.7lb G: 9st10.7lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 0st4lb(2.64%)
muhly said:
I might be a bit strange but chewing gum doesn't bother me at all. I chew mine for hours, especially in work -retail- I can't afford to have smelly breath!

It doesn't make me hungry at all, so maybe it affects different people differently.
I confess that it's the same for me, it's gives me the feeling of eating so makes me think I'm full, so I can chew gum for ages!

Setas

Silver Member
S: 19st9lb C: 17st8lb G: 9st10lb Loss: 2st1lb(10.55%)
the bad breath is a side effect off ketosis - some of the by-products produced get expelled through your lungs/breath - the rest goes through your urine (hence testing with ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis)

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
S: 192lb C: 192lb G: 138lb BMI: 33 Loss: 0lb(0%)
Making sure that you drink your water steadily through out the day helps some - as the ketones will with flush with the urine.