Bad Day Emotionally

Woodsylou

Silver Member
Hey
I'm having a pretty rubbish day, feel very tearful and fed up.

normally, before SW, i would go home and drink wine and 'treat' myself to a take away and chocolate etc to cheer me up.

obviously i won't be doing that now, but i need something to make me feel better and i don't know what.

i just want to go home and cry tbh :cry:

Aw, you poor thing. Do you want to hear a crap joke? LOL x

yes please :)

Okay there was this boy that sat behind this girl and they were in church class. the girl was really tired because she didn't get sleep. so the teacher asks who created us. the boy behind the tired girl pokes the girl with a pen and the girl yells jesus chirst. then the teacher asks who created the earth and the boy pokes the girl again and the girl yells god. then the teacher asks what eve said to adam after their 23 kid. the boy pokes the girl and she yells if you stick that thing in me 1 more time i will break it in half! :D :D :D

So basically yes, my jokes suck. I do have a good penguin joke though :D

A vacationing penguin is driving through Arizona when he notices that the oil-pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.
After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big bowl of vanilla ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands, he makes a real mess trying to eat with his little flippers.
After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says, "It looks like you've blown a seal!"

"No, no," the penguin replies, "It's just vanilla ice cream :D"

haha they are both terrible, but they made me smile! thank you!

Hahahaha Pilot, I love the penguin one!!!

Woodyslou, maybe a workout of some description? Do you have a Wii? You could pretend you're punching whoever/ whatever p*ssed you off on the boxing!

But, you should remember that it is ok to cry! If it was that bad we wouldn't be able to do it so easily.... what would you feel better after - a cry for a few minutes, or having a binge, or wine or something else equally high in syns and feel really crap about it afterwards?? Chances are you would probably cry anyway (I would!) so I would opt to do it without all the syns in between!!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

haha :)

Hahahaha Pilot, I love the penguin one!!!

Woodyslou, maybe a workout of some description? Do you have a Wii? You could pretend you're punching whoever/ whatever p*ssed you off on the boxing!

But, you should remember that it is ok to cry! If it was that bad we wouldn't be able to do it so easily.... what would you feel better after a cry for a few minutes, or having a binge, or wine or something else equally high in syns and feel really crap about it afterwards?? Chances are you would probably cry anyway (I would!) so I would opt to do it without all the syns in between!!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

i will DEFINITELY feel better after i cry. i've been holding it in all day and i know the minute i see my H2B I will break down. but once i've done that im going to do some boxing on the wii, you're right it will make me feel better.

thank you! x

I'll tell you what works for me when I am really down and sad.
I find a really, really sad true story movie to watch.... it makes me cry loads, which is a good thing, and 9/10 the story is so sad that I feel really blessed after watching!
Oh, and watch with a couple of glasses of wine!
I hope you have a good cry and then feel much happier!

Like Sonia i watch a sad movie, gets me crying buckets, such a relief.
My favorite for this is "the note book". What a sad film and sooooooooooo good too.
Hope u feel better soon
xx

Thanks Ladies, i went home and curled up on the sofa. had a cry and feel a bit better this morning. i didn't sleep well, but i am brighter today. Basically my issue is with work. I've been here nearly 5 years and always had fabulous feedback etc and yesterday i basically got told i wasn't doing well etc. I feel terrible. i don't know whether to stay here and work harder (I worked REALLY hard last year and took another role for half the time, plus covered for so many people, so i feel it's really unjust) or whether i should move jobs.

the thing is i want to try for a baby later in the year, so it would make sense to stay here and get the maturnity benefits, but there's no guarantee i'll fall pregnant, and i don't want to stay and feel like this for no reason.

i just don't know what to do.

plus i am getting married in four months and we're broke and i just feel so fed up!

but i met a nice lady on the train this morning who said she loved my hair! it's so nice to get a compliment from a stranger and that perked me up!

dreaded weigh in later. boooo!

Ok, it is pretty upsetting when you get bad feedback at work especially when you think you've been doing well. I'm sure we have all been in that situation, I have.

But it's what you make of that situation. Assuming you stay did work offer you training to improve or any constructive critisism.

Stay positive you've been there 5 years & never a bad word. Personally I'd stay for the benefits & just think how hard it would be to look for a new job.

Yeah i think you're right. I'm going to ask for a meeting with my boss tomorrow afternoon to discuss it, by then i hope i will have calmed down and can actually 'discuss' it rather than ranting or crying! haha!

Back