Bad day!!

elle82

I Know everyone has worked more than hard n struggled 2 get we're there at..but I look at the success story's and I wona b that person so bad..it seems like every time I get any where near my goal a hurdle comes in my way and instead of jumping over it I go crashing into it..every time im upset or down I want to go and eat and it seems like I'm punishing myself by eating I don't understand it..I really need 2 figure out where this is all coming from its the last 3 n a half yrs that I've had this problem never been over weight untill then..it seems the more weight i put on the more I wona eat cuz I'm angry 4 doing it..the only one I'm hurting by eating is myself..being over weight has made me so un happy n I so wona change that I dnt want 2 crash n 2 hurdles any more I want 2 jump them clear lol..I wona deal with my problems instead of eating them away..sorry 4 the long post I'm jus really battling with myself 2 nite :(

I was the same. I ate for emotional reasons - I simply couldn't feel full in my head even though my stomach was fit to burst - but I had no idea of the reason I just thought I needed more food. You just need to tell yourself that everything you need is in the shakes and do ANYTHING but eat. Infact I've read that you shouldn't eat when you're upset you should wait until you feel better before you eat. What are your favourate things to do other than eat/TV. I love taking my dog for a walk or having a bath or even clearing out the cupboards.... something physical followed by something totally relaxing works better for me than 10mins of eating everything in sight and a whole night of feeling guilty about it.
Drink more water (maybe hot peppermint tea), do some exerice and have an early night. Hope you feel more positive tomorrow xxxx

Totally feel for you elle82. I still feel that way but, in the last 4 weeks, have managed to get over it. Yes I want to go eat when I'm stressed or sad but I have managed to avoid the kitchen and, when I feel better, it does feel good to know I didn't cave in. You can do this. It will be hard but, if I can get there, so can you.
I was over 19st when I started this and was always picking at food especially when in a mood. Now it feels great to not keep turning to the fridge. I am only a short way ahead of you so, if you can stick to this, I'm sure in no time at all you will be feeling positive and proud of yourself for not giving in.
I know you get fed up of hearing this but water is one of the answers. keep drinking little and often and maybe pick up a good book to get your attention. Takes my mind of food if I'm lost in a thriller!!!
Good luck and keep strong
Remember we are all here for each other and all going through the same, personal journey.
x x x

Thank u guys :) :) was having a really bad day and just kept thinking I've wasted all this time not doing anything and I really think its time 4 me 2 change..I think it's crazy how weight and food can affect people's lives so much I avoid doing so many things as I'm uncomfortable about my weight.,I dnt dress up as I feel I'm not worth it but I'm ready 2 change gona be hard but worth it..it's nice to know that I'm not the only one sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy looool..as 4 getting a hobby I think that's such a good idea I enjoy reading so might start that again (just no cook books hehe) xx

LOL, I find reading the cook books helps me to think 'when I'm slim, I'm cooking that!!!'
Good luck and keep smiling
x x x

The hold that food has over us is unbelievable. If you think about it we would probably not tolerate anything else controlling us as food does. I can't leave it affect my life any longer. I have a mantra now 'Being Fat is harder' so whatever I'm doing now, if I'm moaning about only having water I'm gonna try and remember my mantra. Sending positive thoughts your way honey xx

I think it's crazy how weight and food can affect people's lives so much I avoid doing so many things as I'm uncomfortable about my weight.,I dnt dress up as I feel I'm not worth it but I'm ready 2 change gona be hard but worth it..it's nice to know that I'm not the only one sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy looool.. xx

I feel exactly the same - I looked like a bag lady at times... but no more we are going to feel and look fabulous and we will control our stomachs with our heads... not the other way round xxx

LOL, I find reading the cook books helps me to think 'when I'm slim, I'm cooking that!!!'
Good luck and keep smiling
x x x

I'm the same - I've become obsessed....!!!!

I am also now obsessed with cookery shows and books. Same thing happened last time I started this. Bloody fool I am :)

Really sorry that you had a bad day Elle but delighted you managed to get through it and are more positive today.

This journey is about so much more than just losing the weight, it is about making so many changes too including emotional, mentally and physically. It is about learning by our mistakes and making sure we don't make them again. I think people who have never had a weight issue see overweight people as just lazy people who eat too much .. never once do they look and think why, they just assume. I suppose it is hard to actually criticise them for thinking that because with a weight issue it would be impossible to know the challenges and issues that lie far beneath all the blubber lol. We know how hard it is and that will bring bad days throughout the journey.

I always say forget the past, realise today and make a change for a better tomorrow. So it doesn't matter what you did in the past or how we got to needing this journey because we've realised and made the change.

It is a very difficult journey but we are all in this together :) keep strong and keep smiling because its hard but its worth it :) Here's to a happy, healthy and slim future guys xx

josiejojojo said:
I feel exactly the same - I looked like a bag lady at times... but no more we are going to feel and look fabulous and we will control our stomachs with our heads... not the other way round xxx

Good saying (control our stomachs with our heads) I am the bag lady looool and everything I own is black that's all gona change hehe I bought myself a purple dress size 12 for my mid way goal I jus want 2 wear it I'm sick of looking like I'm going 2 a funeral all the time..people actually tell me cheer up love wen im out it's jus every where I go people r in skinny jeans n damn straight there ain't nothing skinny about my jeans :) :)

Katie85 said:
Really sorry that you had a bad day Elle but delighted you managed to get through it and are more positive today.

This journey is about so much more than just losing the weight, it is about making so many changes too including emotional, mentally and physically. It is about learning by our mistakes and making sure we don't make them again. I think people who have never had a weight issue see overweight people as just lazy people who eat too much .. never once do they look and think why, they just assume. I suppose it is hard to actually criticise them for thinking that because with a weight issue it would be impossible to know the challenges and issues that lie far beneath all the blubber lol. We know how hard it is and that will bring bad days throughout the journey.

I always say forget the past, realise today and make a change for a better tomorrow. So it doesn't matter what you did in the past or how we got to needing this journey because we've realised and made the change.

It is a very difficult journey but we are all in this together :) keep strong and keep smiling because its hard but its worth it :) Here's to a happy, healthy and slim future guys xx

Thank u Katie truly beautiful and inspirational words :) :) I cudnt of said it better myself loving the words slim future whoooooooooo lol..I think food is like an illness it's highly addictive n the more u think about the more u want it..n people shud understand that wen they see someone over weight n the people that say there happy fat I dnt believe a word of it.alot of people have told me to except who I am well I'm sorry this isn't me they can't tell me who and wot I am xx

Thank u Katie truly beautiful and inspirational words :) :) I cudnt of said it better myself loving the words slim future whoooooooooo lol..I think food is like an illness it's highly addictive n the more u think about the more u want it..n people shud understand that wen they see someone over weight n the people that say there happy fat I dnt believe a word of it.alot of people have told me to except who I am well I'm sorry this isn't me they can't tell me who and wot I am xx

You're welcome :)

Food is addictive i agree, its all in the head when we think we are hungry or we think food is the answer to our problems. It is about breaking habits too whether it be turning to food for comfort or snacking whilst watching telly .. habits are hard to break.

If at a party i'd be the bubbly one, the one who'd make the joke first about my weight, you know laugh it off and pretend it didn't matter but inside i was so sad. Other people just see the bubbly, jokey and so called happy me .. they don't know my true feelings so i see why they'd assume i was happy and make comments that you be happy with who you are.

Like you i want to and need to change .. we'll do this :) xx

Back